+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 106

Thread: Taking the piss.

  1. #1

    Taking the piss.

    https://www.itv.com/news/2022-01-10/...ht-of-lockdown

    Sorry, just realised I wasn’t on the politics board when I posted this.

  2. #2

    Re: Taking the piss.

    Yes but they work very very hard.

  3. #3

    Re: Taking the piss.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Yes but they work very very hard.
    Incredibly hard.

  4. #4

    Re: Taking the piss.

    Corrupt to the core the lot of them. Johnson should resign immediately.

  5. #5

    Re: Taking the piss.

    I predict 10 pages from JamesWales saying its not right but hes not bothered about.😂

  6. #6

    Re: Taking the piss.

    Yes, they lie and take the piss time and again.

    But there are children starving in Africa.

  7. #7

    Re: Taking the piss.

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    https://www.itv.com/news/2022-01-10/...ht-of-lockdown

    Sorry, just realised I wasn’t on the politics board when I posted this.
    For me, this is sufficiently topical and not a wall of text. That said, I don't want to sound like the board Stasi or anything like that or some sort of deviant politics-posting-shamer. It was just something that resonated with me in a post The Boss made over Christmas (I think) where he mentioned this kind of thing.

    Anyway, back to the topic.....

    Proven liars are proven to be liars. Self-entitled hypocrites the lot of them.

  8. #8

    Re: Taking the piss.

    Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Yes, they lie and take the piss time and again.

    But there are children starving in Africa.
    .

    Great bit of whatabouttery there.

  9. #9

    Re: Taking the piss.

    Tony ****wit-Member of the public giving his opinion on the news while walking down some depressing high St 'Can't blame him really, if i had a pad like that and a few quid like Boris, then i reckon i'd be on the piss as well'

  10. #10

    Re: Taking the piss.

    Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    .

    Great bit of whatabouttery there.
    OK, I thought it was pretty obvious that was my point.

  11. #11

    Re: Taking the piss.

    The tweet explains what Johnson said at his press conference a couple of days after the party.

    https://twitter.com/pippacrerar/stat...904208897?s=21

  12. #12

    Re: Taking the piss.

    Sue Gray is on case , she's no fool.

  13. #13

    Re: Taking the piss.

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Sue Gray is on case , she's no fool.
    Yeah right, pull the bloody other one.

    This government are a bunch of shisters and you know it.

  14. #14

    Re: Taking the piss.

    For the Tory boys on here. Bodger is a compulsive liar. If he’s lying to us about the parties what else is he lying to us about?

    https://twitter.com/iainoverton/stat...646235649?s=21

  15. #15

    Re: Taking the piss.

    Quite right. We can often tell when itís blatant lying but how do we know when itís a subject that is a little more complex? There is no trust.

  16. #16

    Re: Taking the piss.

    Pure hypocrisy and lies from Johnson when you are reminded of what he was saying a month ago;-

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL42...annel=euronews

    Don't forget as well that the Cabinet Secretary mentioned by the PM had to step down from conducting the inquiry into Christmas "gatherings" in 2020 because he had hosted parties of his own!

    Anyone who is still defending Johnson can only be some sort of forelock tugger who truly believes that the rules should not apply to their "betters" like heads of state and Royalty.

  17. #17

    Re: Taking the piss.

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Pure hypocrisy and lies from Johnson when you are reminded of what he was saying a month ago;-

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL42...annel=euronews

    Don't forget as well that the Cabinet Secretary mentioned by the PM had to step down from conducting the inquiry into Christmas "gatherings" in 2020 because he had hosted parties of his own!

    Anyone who is still defending Johnson can only be some sort of forelock tugger who truly believes that the rules should not apply to their "betters" like heads of state and Royalty.

    They broke the rules because they knew they were bullshit

    They broke the rules because they knew the people at the party would not be at risk. (The P.Mís Personal protection would have vetoed it otherwise)

  18. #18
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    12,585

    Re: Taking the piss.

    Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    They broke the rules because they knew they were bullshit

    They broke the rules because they knew the people at the party would not be at risk. (The P.M’s Personal protection would have vetoed it otherwise)
    They broke the rules because they had total contempt for the public.

    I hope that is reciprocated at the ballot box - but it probably won't be.

  19. #19

    Re: Taking the piss.

    Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    They broke the rules because they had total contempt for the public.

    I hope that is reciprocated at the ballot box - but it probably won't be.

    There is no way that party ( or any others ) would have taken place without a thorough risk assessment before hand. Clearly the P.Mís advisors, medical staff , bodyguards, thought he and other high ranking government members were ok to attend.

    There was no vaccine at the time either .

  20. #20

    Re: Taking the piss.

    Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    There is no way that party ( or any others ) would have taken place without a thorough risk assessment before hand. Clearly the P.Mís advisors, medical staff , bodyguards, thought he and other high ranking government members were ok to attend.

    There was no vaccine at the time either .
    How on earth can you know that? Even if you're right, it's an absolutely terrible look because 99 per cent of the population did not have such risk assessments beforehand, they were just told they could not do it. It's being reported that there were widespread misgivings among many in Downing Street about the party going ahead.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •