+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Taking the piss.

Re: Taking the piss.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Johnson gives a “heartfelt” apology at PMQs after admitting attending the bring a bottle Party on 20 May 2020 - he’s just keeps repeating that we should wait for the outcome of the inquiry.
    We can be sure there's no possible way he can lie, deny and mislead his way out of it when he finally makes an admission and an apology.

Hes looks and sounds like a buffon everytime he speaks.

Its probably the most idiotic performance ive ever seen.

Question of how stupid he thinks the public is with the he didnt know it was a party , the garden is extension of the office sh!t is another matter.

Hes banking on the stupidity as thats how this lot treat the public. He will try and ride this out. The option of going now and in disgrace will not be what this appalling govt will want to be shown in history especially after the shame of the Health Secretary.

He will ride this out and go before the election.

I couldnt even get angry it really was actually very funny on how stupid he looked and sound.

Straight out of Little Britain.

" The sheer brass neck of his secretary to send that email at the very height of the first lockdown is outrageous"

Wow

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    " The sheer brass neck of his secretary to send that email at the very height of the first lockdown is outrageous"

Wow
    I'm a bit confused, perhaps I need to be a bit more nuanced but was it Johnsons secretary who attended the event on his behalf, swigging a bottle of Chablis and singing the theme tune to Peppa Pig or Johnson?

If it's Johnson? Obviously it's the secretary's fault he attended as everyone knows Johnson has never read fully any email of briefing papers he's ever been given.

She should be sacked.

And your point is? You said there would have been risk assessments carried out, you're only guessing that and, frankly, with this Government under this Prime Minister, I would not be the least bit surprised if there wasn't. Even if there was, it was still a flagrant breaking of the rules which cannot be fobbed off this time as a work meeting - you need to cast your mind back to what it was like in May 2020, bring a bottle parties were not allowed if I remember rightly.

My point is this, If those with misgivings about the party had gone to the press then many of the emergency lockdown mandates which were voted in by all political parties would have been invalid.

This would have had an impact on compliance, at the time. I wonder how many of the public were fined doing the same things ?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    My point is this, If those with misgivings about the party had gone to the press then many of the emergency lockdown mandates which were voted in by all political parties would have been invalid.

This would have had an impact on compliance, at the time. I wonder how many of the public were fined doing the same things ?
    There is a different perspective. Two days after this party the allegations about Dominic Cummings and Barnard Castle hit the press. Johnson and the Tory Party rallied around him, we had that ridiculous press conference in the very same Downing St gardens that the parties took place where he said he was testing his eyesight and Cummings survived when many thought that not possible. The result was the hitherto strong levels of lockdown compliance weakened when people saw someone of power applying different rules.

I suspect that the reason Johnson and his cronies rallied around Cummings was because they feared if he was let go details of the parties would soon emerge and do for a few of them.

I would presume Cummings and his associates are in "Revenge is a dish best served cold" for his ultimate departure at the alleged behest of Johnson's wife. Who knows what else will filter out if this one doesn't finish him off!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Poor old Boris, let down by his secretary.

Even at this stage, even after concluding that he should resign, you still manage to slip in a dig at Corbyn and still trying to point out Johnson is alright really. Bit embarrassing to post that. Unless it was your secretary that did it.
    Oh I'm sorry, you aren't happy unless someone downloads your own thoughts and then replicates them?

Some people like understanding people's thought processes, others don't.

That's upto you if you aren't interested I suppose.

Johnson gives a “heartfelt” apology at PMQs after admitting attending the bring a bottle Party on 20 May 2020 - he’s just keeps repeating that we should wait for the outcome of the inquiry.
    If the Tory MP's have any sense they will be getting out their Parker's or Shaeffers,undoing their bottle of dark blue Quink and penning their letters to the chairman of the 1922 committee.

I presume these days most people know the implication of Tory Mp's writing to the 1922 committee?

If one gets sent written with a quill pen, Boris has really had it 'cos that will be from Jacob Rees Mogg

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Oh I'm sorry, you aren't happy unless someone downloads your own thoughts and then replicates them?

tbf your intimation that Johnson's Principal Private Secretary was showing a brass neck for sending the e-mail invitation (of his own back) for an event that Johnson subsequently racked up to does leave you open to this type of ridicule. It's almost like sending e-mails on behalf of the person who you are Principal Private Secretary to is part of your job description!

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    If the Tory MP's have any sense they will be getting out their Parker's or Shaeffers,undoing their bottle of dark blue Quink and penning their letters to the chairman of the 1922 committee.

I presume these days most people know the implication of Tory Mp's writing to the 1922 committee?

If one gets sent written with a quill pen, Boris has really had it 'cos that will be from Jacob Rees Mogg

Surely he has a calligrapher who does that sort of stuff for him?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    [/B]

Sorry I had forgotten his calligrapher.

I wonder if, like Henry VIII hes has a " Groom of the Stool" as well!

Another attempt at trying to shift focus or blame. Do you work at Conservative HQ?

Posted in error

There is a different perspective. Two days after this party the allegations about Dominic Cummings and Barnard Castle hit the press. Johnson and the Tory Party rallied around him, we had that ridiculous press conference in the very same Downing St gardens that the parties took place where he said he was testing his eyesight and Cummings survived when many thought that not possible. The result was the hitherto strong levels of lockdown compliance weakened when people saw someone of power applying different rules.

I suspect that the reason Johnson and his cronies rallied around Cummings was because they feared if he was let go details of the parties would soon emerge and do for a few of them.

I would presume Cummings and his associates are in "Revenge is a dish best served cold" for his ultimate departure at the alleged behest of Johnson's wife. Who knows what else will filter out if this one doesn't finish him off!

Perhaps the government’s £320m media payments have run dry :hehe

I suspect these stories will continue to surface for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Hes looks and sounds like a buffon everytime he speaks.

Its probably the most idiotic performance ive ever seen.

Question of how stupid he thinks the public is with the he didnt know it was a party , the garden is extension of the office sh!t is another matter.

Hes banking on the stupidity as thats how this lot treat the public. He will try and ride this out. The option of going now and in disgrace will not be what this appalling govt will want to be shown in history especially after the shame of the Health Secretary.

He will ride this out and go before the election.

I couldnt even get angry it really was actually very funny on how stupid he looked and sound.

Straight out of Little Britain.
    Come on now, all will be revealed after the senior civil servant's review.
    We are all jumping the gun

Sir Kier missed a trick not asking him if he'd lied to the house.
    He Johnson couldn't have hid behind the "wait til the findings of the review " comment.

Can't see the backbenchers taking much more brassnecking.
    The end is nigh.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Come on now, all will be revealed after the senior civil servant's review.
    We are all jumping the gun

Sir Kier missed a trick not asking him if he'd lied to the house.
    He Johnson couldn't have hid behind the "wait til the findings of the review " comment.

Can't see the backbenchers taking much more brassnecking.
    The end is nigh.
    He just doesn't have a knock-out punch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Another attempt at trying to shift focus or blame. Do you work at Conservative HQ?
    You clearly haven't read what I've written, which is that the scandal is disgusting and I don't see how he gets out of it and in all honesty I think he should resign.

But you can't change facts. The email wasn't sent by him. But he attended and tried to deny it and he's in it up to his neck.

There is no problem with sticking to the facts though is there? I always find that quite a useful strategy to employ tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Nope.
    I wouldn't be happy with him representing me in a court of law.
    Wonder what his record was.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I'm a bit confused, perhaps I need to be a bit more nuanced but was it Johnsons secretary who attended the event on his behalf, swigging a bottle of Chablis and singing the theme tune to Peppa Pig or Johnson?

If it's Johnson? Obviously it's the secretary's fault he attended as everyone knows Johnson has never read fully any email of briefing papers he's ever been given.

She should be sacked.
    Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post

I'm trying to follow your reasoning here.

Were you diametrically opposed to all lockdowns?

To be fair hes such a feckwit taking 25minutes to realise that this was a Tory tw@ts piss up gathering and not a work event is probably something you can expect from him.

Doesnt sound as though the p!ss up was risk assessed either.😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    To be fair hes such a feckwit taking 25minutes to realise that this was a Tory tw@ts piss up gathering and not a work event is probably something you can expect from him.

Doesnt sound as though the p!ss up was risk assessed either.😂😂😂
    The best piss ups never are risk assessed..

You clearly haven't read what I've written, which is that the scandal is disgusting and I don't see how he gets out of it and in all honesty I think he should resign.

But you can't change facts. The email wasn't sent by him. But he attended and tried to deny it and he's in it up to his neck.

There is no problem with sticking to the facts though is there? I always find that quite a useful strategy to employ tbh
    Alright Boris?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Starmer couldn't ask that question as it's akin to accusing Johnson of lying which is not permissible in the House.

He correctly plays the long game, waiting until today to call on Johnson to resign. If he'd made frequent earlier calls, which would have fallen on deaf ears, the impact would have been negated.

Starmer has not been strong enough to hammer him in the past.

Today he nailed it. Johnson made himself a laughing stock. His attempted comebacks pathetic and made him look worse.

Called for him to resign and let himself hang himself even further.

If he wont go its up to the Tories to kick him out.

The Scottish Tory Leader at least showed some courage and has called for him to go.

Arty pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    Starmer couldn't ask that question as it's akin to accusing Johnson of lying which is not permissible in the House.

He correctly plays the long game, waiting until today to call on Johnson to resign. If he'd made frequent earlier calls, which would have fallen on deaf ears, the impact would have been negated.
    I could be totally wrong here but does asking him if he lied to The House constitute him calling him a liar (I'm aware that's not the done thing though I think it's one of those stupid rules)? He's not stating that Johnson lied, he's asking him 'if' he lied whereby Johnson implicates himself or makes things worse or both? Isn't this the Erskine May bible thing?