+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Taking the piss.

Re: Taking the piss.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    There is no way that party ( or any others ) would have taken place without a thorough risk assessment before hand. Clearly the P.M’s advisors, medical staff , bodyguards, thought he and other high ranking government members were ok to attend.

There was no vaccine at the time either .
    A risk assessment is obtainable via Freedom of Information. Plus, if there had been one, d'ya not think that our great and esteemed leaders would want to keep it quiet? I doubt that lot had the fortitude to fake one, pre-date it, scrunch it up, stand on it and suck on the edges a bit. They're liars, but even sh*t at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    A risk assessment is obtainable via Freedom of Information. Plus, if there had been one, d'ya not think that our great and esteemed leaders would want to keep it quiet? I doubt that lot had the fortitude to fake one, pre-date it, scrunch it up, stand on it and suck on the edges a bit. They're liars, but even sh*t at that.
    Correction...dy'a think....

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I have read your first sentence a number of times and still don't have a scooby what it means. That's notwithstanding the fact that the document you attached says nothing whatsoever about 250k deaths, which I presume you got from Imperial College's initial analysis of what would happen if no restrictions were imposed.

Witter on about risk analysis all you like. This is about the people who made the rules living by a completely different set. Pure and simple!

Sage predicted 250,000 deaths at the time apologies if it’s the incorrect documentation, perhaps you could post the reasons for the initial lockdown and figures quoted ( I’m sure you are acutely aware of what I was trying to say )

A risk assessment would have been undertaken, ( even something like have you had a cold in the last 28 days, are any family members displaying symptoms or high risk etc ).

Up to 100 people were at the party, not withstanding bar staff, security, and they would have been in contact with many taxi drivers taking them to and from the venue.

The people who attended would then have gone home to parents , children, grandparents etc.

The party held is not my concern ( as I wasn’t there ) but it appears that they were less concerned about the dangers to Covid compared to what they told the public to be at the time. I wonder why ?

Impossible as it may seem, I think this latest exposure spells the death knell for Boris Johnston as P.M. He should do the honourable thing and fall on his sword before the outcome of the inquiry. He won't of course as it is not in his nature, but unless the inquiry is a total whitewash*, he will get his come-uppance anyway.

*According to those in the know it seems that the lady heading the inquiry is no mug, so hopefully this won't be the case.

Sage predicted 250,000 deaths at the time apologies if it’s the incorrect documentation, perhaps you could post the reasons for the initial lockdown and figures quoted ( I’m sure you are acutely aware of what I was trying to say )

A risk assessment would have been undertaken, ( even something like have you had a cold in the last 28 days, are any family members displaying symptoms or high risk etc ).

Up to 100 people were at the party, not withstanding bar staff, security, and they would have been in contact with many taxi drivers taking them to and from the venue.

The people who attended would then have gone home to parents , children, grandparents etc.

The party held is not my concern ( as I wasn’t there ) but it appears that they were less concerned about the dangers to Covid compared to what they told the public to be at the time. I wonder why ?
    From memory, Neil Ferguson’s modelling back in 2020 predicted 250,000 deaths as a worst case scenario in the event of no restrictions being in force and I think it’s fair to say that it was reported as the biggest single factor in convincing both Government and their scientists from going on with their early decision to look towards Herd Immunity as the way of conquering Covid.

As I said it was Neil Ferguson's Imperial College Advisory Group that came up with the 250k figure and was their estimate of what would happen if no restrictions were applied. Obviously they were hence the Sage documentation estimating 50k in the the 1st wave (if people paid poor regard to the restrictions). A factor reduction as a consequence of restrictions in plain to most but not it seems all.

I just don't understand the risk assessment point. These were people who made the rules and were in daily briefings and warnings to the general populace about their infringement. A number would have already had covid including Boris Johnson. These were people who thought themselves above the law.

I presume that your final point is a projection of the it's nothing more than a cold narrative on the day that we reach 175,000 deaths with Covid.

The reasons for their flagrant law breaking and presumed ignoring of possible risk assessments?

A: They're Tories and they believe themselves to be teflon and above the law.

B: They're Tories and they believe themselves to be teflon and immune to Covid.

C: They're libertarians and the Devil can take the hindmost.

Some coming out in support of Bodger saying give him a break he nearly died. Does anyone really believe he was at deaths door? He wasn’t incubated and was up and out of hospital in around 4 days. Big lump of lying lard.

There is no way that party ( or any others ) would have taken place without a thorough risk assessment before hand. Clearly the P.M’s advisors, medical staff , bodyguards, thought he and other high ranking government members were ok to attend.

There was no vaccine at the time either .

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Some coming out in support of Bodger saying give him a break he nearly died. Does anyone really believe he was at deaths door? He wasn’t incubated and was up and out of hospital in around 4 days. Big lump of lying lard.

20/3/20 he caught it
    No way

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...nd-coronavirus

Once you’re awake you can’t unsee

20/3/20 he caught it
    No way

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...nd-coronavirus

Once you’re awake you can’t unsee
    How many times in that chronicle did Bodger's cronies mention he was in "good spirits"? Did they mean whisky?

The blogger strikes again

"The May 20 party was first alluded to in a blog by the Prime Minister's former advisor Dominic Cummings on Friday."

I have suggested before the Labour should employ him to ensure they get a romping 80 seat victory the lad has form into tapping into the countries thinking .

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    How many times in that chronicle did Bodger's cronies mention he was in "good spirits"? Did they mean whisky?

I hope he’s gone soon after all this , but who knows

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics...ign=question_1

YouGov Poll: Do you think Boris Johnson should resign from his role as Prime Minister, or should he remain in his role?

Should resign - 56%

Should remain in his role - 27%

Don’t know - 17%

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics...ign=question_1

YouGov Poll: Do you think Boris Johnson should resign from his role as Prime Minister, or should he remain in his role?

Should resign - 56%

Should remain in his role - 27%

Don’t know - 17%
    In the spirit of the McCarthy song sung by the Jacks when we were down there:

"Boris Johnson, we want you to stay"...

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    In the spirit of the McCarthy song sung by the Jacks when we were down there:

"Boris Johnson, we want you to stay"...
    Fair point! I feel I'm starting to love Bodger now and I'd like to keep him in post till the next General Election.

Sky interview with Gove this morning …….l

https://twitter.com/kayburley/status...086008320?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Fair point! I feel I'm starting to love Bodger now and I'd like to keep him in post till the next General Election.
    Whilst I have some sympathy with that view politically it is far less important to me than ridding the country of this cancerous Prime Minister as soon as possible.

They broke the rules because they knew they were bullshit

They broke the rules because they knew the people at the party would not be at risk. (The P.M’s Personal protection would have vetoed it otherwise)
    Dunno about that. I have a relative who used to work in the Protection unit of The Met. He was trained in armed security not dispensing advice on medical risks.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Whilst I have some sympathy with that view politically it is far less important to me than ridding the country of this cancerous Prime Minister as soon as possible.
    Quite, but the bigger prize is getting this horrendous government out of power.

However, in the interim, I'm also concerned the new Tory PM might want to change the Downing Street decor again. It's unlikely he or she will want to tap up Tory donors again so it'll be poor dumb Johnny Taxpayer who will have to find £50k just for a whim.

So I've defended Johnson thus far broadly speaking for three reasons;

1 / I think the only viable alternative in 2019 would have been for worse all things considered

2 / I think there was a degree of sour grapes and hysteria over some of the original claims. Hatchet job stuff

3 / I actually like that he has a more liberal approach and seems to want to get us out of this..

But...

The latest scandal is fkn disgusting. The sheer brass neck of his secretary to send that email at the very height of the first lockdown is outrageous. The only suitable response from Johnson was to have responded at the time and firmly say that such a gathering must not take place. I don't see how he gets away with it now. If there's proof he was there and enjoying the party he's toast. The red waller's will demand it and so will party doners and anyone else who wants them to be electable.

I'm planning to set up a "keep Bodger as PM" petition.

Johnson gives a “heartfelt” apology at PMQs after admitting attending the bring a bottle Party on 20 May 2020 - he’s just keeps repeating that we should wait for the outcome of the inquiry.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    So I've defended Johnson thus far broadly speaking for three reasons;

1 / I think the only viable alternative in 2019 would have been for worse all things considered

2 / I think there was a degree of sour grapes and hysteria over some of the original claims. Hatchet job stuff

3 / I actually like that he has a more liberal approach and seems to want to get us out of this..

But...

The latest scandal is fkn disgusting. The sheer brass neck of his secretary to send that email at the very height of the first lockdown is outrageous. The only suitable response from Johnson was to have responded at the time and firmly say that such a gathering must not take place. I don't see how he gets away with it now. If there's proof he was there and enjoying the party he's toast. The red waller's will demand it and so will party doners and anyone else who wants them to be electable.
    Poor old Boris, let down by his secretary.

Even at this stage, even after concluding that he should resign, you still manage to slip in a dig at Corbyn and still trying to point out Johnson is alright really. Bit embarrassing to post that. Unless it was your secretary that did it.