+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Taking the piss.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Taking the piss.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post

Surely he has a calligrapher who does that sort of stuff for him?
    Posted in error

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Hes looks and sounds like a buffon everytime he speaks.

Its probably the most idiotic performance ive ever seen.

Question of how stupid he thinks the public is with the he didnt know it was a party , the garden is extension of the office sh!t is another matter.

Hes banking on the stupidity as thats how this lot treat the public. He will try and ride this out. The option of going now and in disgrace will not be what this appalling govt will want to be shown in history especially after the shame of the Health Secretary.

He will ride this out and go before the election.

I couldnt even get angry it really was actually very funny on how stupid he looked and sound.

Straight out of Little Britain.
    Come on now, all will be revealed after the senior civil servant's review.
    We are all jumping the gun

Sir Kier missed a trick not asking him if he'd lied to the house.
    He Johnson couldn't have hid behind the "wait til the findings of the review " comment.

Can't see the backbenchers taking much more brassnecking.
    The end is nigh.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

He Johnson couldn't have hid behind the "wait til the findings of the review " comment.

The end is nigh.
    He just doesn't have a knock-out punch.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Starmer couldn't ask that question as it's akin to accusing Johnson of lying which is not permissible in the House.

He correctly plays the long game, waiting until today to call on Johnson to resign. If he'd made frequent earlier calls, which would have fallen on deaf ears, the impact would have been negated.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    Starmer couldn't ask that question as it's akin to accusing Johnson of lying which is not permissible in the House.

He correctly plays the long game, waiting until today to call on Johnson to resign. If he'd made frequent earlier calls, which would have fallen on deaf ears, the impact would have been negated.
    I could be totally wrong here but does asking him if he lied to The House constitute him calling him a liar (I'm aware that's not the done thing though I think it's one of those stupid rules)? He's not stating that Johnson lied, he's asking him 'if' he lied whereby Johnson implicates himself or makes things worse or both? Isn't this the Erskine May bible thing?

I could be totally wrong here but does asking him if he lied to The House constitute him calling him a liar (I'm aware that's not the done thing though I think it's one of those stupid rules)? He's not stating that Johnson lied, he's asking him 'if' he lied whereby Johnson implicates himself or makes things worse or both? Isn't this the Erskine May bible thing?
    You maybe right although I suspect that Starmer and his team deemed it safer not to make this point and risk losing a question.

Lyndsey Hoyle is not the strongest speaker sadly - i guess Starmer may have made this correct point if Bercow was still in situ!!

I've just thought about this and I think you're right - it's akin to an accusation and is against the 'rather dated and stupid' Erskine May rules.

Just looked and you can't call anyone a blackguard, coward, git, guttersnipe, hooligan, rat, swine or stoolpigeon either, which in fairness, does leave any leader of the opposition a bit stumped when it comes to Johnson!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

The end is nigh.
    I'm not so sure. Over 2 years to the next general election and I think the economy is going to decide who governs the UK in 2024. Scandals like this - however distasteful - tend to have a short-term effect on government popularity. Also personality is a big factor - it's nothing new despite what people say. You can be the leader of the opposition or the Prime Minister and have good, popular policies, but if folk don't like you, you're toast. As they say, it's the economy stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Another attempt at trying to shift focus or blame. Do you work at Conservative HQ?
    You clearly haven't read what I've written, which is that the scandal is disgusting and I don't see how he gets out of it and in all honesty I think he should resign.

But you can't change facts. The email wasn't sent by him. But he attended and tried to deny it and he's in it up to his neck.

There is no problem with sticking to the facts though is there? I always find that quite a useful strategy to employ tbh

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    You clearly haven't read what I've written, which is that the scandal is disgusting and I don't see how he gets out of it and in all honesty I think he should resign.

But you can't change facts. The email wasn't sent by him. But he attended and tried to deny it and he's in it up to his neck.

There is no problem with sticking to the facts though is there? I always find that quite a useful strategy to employ tbh
    Alright Boris?

I clearly read what you wrote, because I made reference to it and then you responded to my comment.

I'm all for sticking to facts. You said the secretary had a "brass neck" for sending the invitation email. Is this a fact?

It's not the sending of an email that's the problem!

Nope.
    I wouldn't be happy with him representing me in a court of law.
    Wonder what his record was.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I'm a bit confused, perhaps I need to be a bit more nuanced but was it Johnsons secretary who attended the event on his behalf, swigging a bottle of Chablis and singing the theme tune to Peppa Pig or Johnson?

If it's Johnson? Obviously it's the secretary's fault he attended as everyone knows Johnson has never read fully any email of briefing papers he's ever been given.

She should be sacked.
    Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    My point is this, If those with misgivings about the party had gone to the press then many of the emergency lockdown mandates which were voted in by all political parties would have been invalid.

This would have had an impact on compliance, at the time. I wonder how many of the public were fined doing the same things ?
    I'm trying to follow your reasoning here.

Were you diametrically opposed to all lockdowns?

To be fair hes such a feckwit taking 25minutes to realise that this was a Tory tw@ts piss up gathering and not a work event is probably something you can expect from him.

Doesnt sound as though the p!ss up was risk assessed either.😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    To be fair hes such a feckwit taking 25minutes to realise that this was a Tory tw@ts piss up gathering and not a work event is probably something you can expect from him.

Doesnt sound as though the p!ss up was risk assessed either.😂😂😂
    The best piss ups never are risk assessed..

Starmer has not been strong enough to hammer him in the past.

Today he nailed it. Johnson made himself a laughing stock. His attempted comebacks pathetic and made him look worse.

Called for him to resign and let himself hang himself even further.

If he wont go its up to the Tories to kick him out.

The Scottish Tory Leader at least showed some courage and has called for him to go.

Arty pathetic.

There's a rumour that he shagged priti in the bogs and she's now carrying his love child.
    far fetched?....this government...naaaahhh!!

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    There's a rumour that he shagged priti in the bogs and she's now carrying his love child.
    far fetched?....this government...naaaahhh!!

That’s too believable, it must be false

I’m confused. 5 weeks ago when Bodger and the Tories were denying there had been any parties at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    I’m confused. 5 weeks ago when Bodger and the Tories were denying there had been any parties at all.
    Keep up.

He thought dozens of pissed up toffs clutching bottles of chablis was a works meeting.

If Gove was there it wouldn’t be just wine …….

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    If Gove was there it wouldn’t be just wine …….
    What about greasy Rishi, he lives next door, did he report the party (cough I mean meeting) to the police?

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    What about greasy Rishi, he lives next door, did he report the party (cough I mean meeting) to the police?

I very much doubt it… the police let them in