+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Taking the piss.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Taking the piss.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It's not the sending of an email that's the problem!
    Actually for me, it is. And I think for others hence why 'that email' was leaked. Because other events could be passed off as work meetings taken outside, whereas this quite clearly was an organised social event with BYOB - totally not allowed.

So Boris' only response should have been to condemn it and and not attend. The email changes my perception of it all, hence why I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Actually for me, it is. And I think for others hence why 'that email' was leaked. Because other events could be passed off as work meetings taken outside, whereas this quite clearly was an organised social event with BYOB - totally not allowed.

So Boris' only response should have been to condemn it and and not attend. The email changes my perception of it all, hence why I said it.
    The tortured alternative reality you are trying to project is that Johnson's functionary, on his own initiative, decided to invite 100 people to a drinks party in complete disregard of the rules at the time, the brass neck of the fella. Johnson for his part should have stepped in when he found out about it and stopped it but should be criticised because he didn't.

The e-mail, which wasn't sent to Johnson, said

"Hi all,

"After what has been an incredibly busy period we thought it would be nice to make the most of the lovely weather and have some socially distanced drinks in the No10 garden this evening.

"Please join us from 6pm and bring your own booze!"

We don't know who the mysterious We and Us referenced in the mail from Johnson's PPS are, just that Johnson and his wife coincidentally racked up whilst it was going on thinking it was a work meeting.

Still the brass neck of the fall guy that sent it seems to be the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post

The email is just the evidence we have that it happened.

If someone breaks into your house and they're identified on security camera, then it's not the picture that's the problem, it's the burglar.

Johnson's secretary invited 100 people, so it's most likely that it was Johnson's idea or that he at least approved it. That's generally how secretaries operate, and is even more likely to have been the case given that it was in peak pandemic time and they all knew that an alcoholic event for 100 odd people was not the done thing - especially given that there are quotes from people at the time saying as much.

If someone breaks into your house and they're identified on security camera, then it's not the picture that's the problem, it's the burglar.

Johnson's secretary invited 100 people, so it's most likely that it was Johnson's idea or that he at least approved it. That's generally how secretaries operate, and is even more likely to have been the case given that it was in peak pandemic time and they all knew that an alcoholic event for 100 odd people was not the done thing - especially given that there are quotes from people at the time saying as much.
    Bearing in mind too that at the cheese & wine 'business event' on the 15th May, Carrie and baby's attendance was justified on the basis that they were sat there too as it's their garden. So you'd think Johnson's private secretary would perhaps at least mention that 100 people might just rock-up at their garden for the evening armed with booze before sending out the invites.

Latest polling does not look good for the tories, unless they bounce back quickly Boris will be out sooner rather than later

Yes, I get that. I'm not literally angry at the email, it's whats in the email. The email is the evidence that the party was pre planned and not related to work etc. I'm sure we agree with eachother here!

The Tory party is just rotten to the core.

The backing of him with the laughable wait for the enquiry comments.

Wasnt there an enquiry on Priti Patel but that got ignored.

Even the bank benchers calling for him to go seem more concerned about the damage being done in the polls than the piss take this govt have taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The Tory party is just rotten to the core.

The backing of him with the laughable wait for the enquiry comments.

Wasnt there an enquiry on Priti Patel but that got ignored.

Even the bank benchers calling for him to go seem more concerned about the damage being done in the polls than the piss take this govt have taken.
    The Standards Commissioner found that Patel broke the Ministerial Code. Johnson rejected his conclusions. The Standards Commissioner resigned and Johnson appointed Lord Geigt. The guy who did the anodyne report on the money Johnson got to refurbish his pad in his place.

Sue Gray, the Civil Servant doing this report has no real powers to conclude on whether the Ministerial Code was breached by Johnson. The person who determines if that is the case is one, Alexander Boris de pfeffel Johnson. Neat eh!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    The Standards Commissioner found that Patel broke the Ministerial Code. Johnson rejected his conclusions. The Standards Commissioner resigned and Johnson appointed Lord Geigt. The guy who did the anodyne report on the money Johnson got to refurbish his pad in his place.

Sue Gray, the Civil Servant doing this report has no real powers to conclude on whether the Ministerial Code was breached by Johnson. The person who determines if that is the case is one, Alexander Boris de pfeffel Johnson. Neat eh!
    A law firm is now raising concerns over Gray’s past conduct. We all know it’s going to be a whitewash.

https://bylinetimes.com/2022/01/13/l...rties-inquiry/

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    A law firm is now raising concerns over Gray’s past conduct. We all know it’s going to be a whitewash.

https://bylinetimes.com/2022/01/13/l...rties-inquiry/
    Interestingly she is Permanent Secretary to Michael Gove. Now that's a man who knows how to wield a stiletto!

That said she is in a difficult position as the system is almost set up either to exonerate or not reach definitive conclusions. In that system the idea that a civil servant could conclude on the fate of a Prime Minister is far fetched as this is ultimately a political matter.

There is a need for a truly independent body to investigate and report on these matters to Parliament rather than people like Gray and Geidt, hamstrung before they start.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Interestingly she is Permanent Secretary to Michael Gove. Now that's a man who knows how to wield a stiletto!

That said she is in a difficult position as the system is almost set up either to exonerate or not reach definitive conclusions. In that system the idea that a civil servant could conclude on the fate of a Prime Minister is far fetched as this is ultimately a political matter.

There is a need for a truly independent body to investigate and report on these matters to Parliament rather than people like Gray and Geidt, hamstrung before they start.
    The Met have just issued a statement https://twitter.com/pippacrerar/stat...080894976?s=21

Basically they are waiting for Gray’s report before deciding whether to prosecute. So next time you commit a crime just say to the old bill, hang on I’m just waiting for my mate to write a report and when he does, I’ll let you know if I’ve committed a crime

I see he’s gone into hiding now saying one of his family members has tested positive for COVID.

The stupid fool, under HIS current RULES he doesn’t even need to isolate as he’s been fully jabbed.

More bare faced lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    To me, this is the real injustice. We get the book thrown at us, no legal aid, no support, no help. On top of that, they're making it very likely that you'll be committing a crime if you protest about it i.e. ask the police first if it's OK. What could possibly go wrong?
    Wasn't one of the main planks of the Tories' Brexit prospectus ending elite favouritism?

More piss taking.

https://twitter.com/pippacrerar/stat...358242825?s=21

Is this ever going to stop. Gray will be here until 2035 the way it’s going.

Just resign and take the rest of the cabinet with you. They all knew what was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    ok she looks like a spitting image puppet but he's still in about 8 divisions below her. WTF did she see in that tumbleweed of lard and fake blonde pubes?

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    ok she looks like a spitting image puppet but he's still in about 8 divisions below her. WTF did she see in that tumbleweed of lard and fake blonde pubes?

I think she's foxy.