+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Congratulations on another club record being set

Congratulations on another club record being set

Prior to our win against Preston, we'd managed to lose 9 out of 10 home matches, comfortably beating the previous record of 7 (or 8 set against Hull last month).

7 games without a goal was one short of the record, set in 2003/04. We are also one non-clean sheet away from a club record of games at home without conceding a goal.

Great stuff. I bet the champagne is flowing freely.

Re: Congratulations on another club record being set

Why post this sarcasm on a website for Cardiff City fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    "Gallows humour"?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    "Gallows humour"?
    Absolutely, plus some are interested in this sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Prior to our win against Preston, we'd managed to lose 9 out of 10 home matches, comfortably beating the previous record of 7 (or 8 set against Hull last month).

7 games without a goal was one short of the record, set in 2003/04. We are also one non-clean sheet away from a club record of games at home without conceding a goal.

Gallows humour is just about the only thing that gets us football fans through the bad times. For me, it was at it's peak during Hibbert's 'Reign of Terror'. Hearing some wag's comments during that bad three period, was on most occasions, much better than the football on show

Plus we've scored in the first half of every game this year
    Is this some kind of record?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Gallows humour is just about the only thing that gets us football fans through the bad times. For me, it was at it's peak during Hibbert's 'Reign of Terror'. Hearing some wag's comments during that bad three period, was on most occasions, much better than the football on show

a record number of rainbows have been recorded over the ground , the unicorns graze in the 18yrd box , the stands have been repaved with gold, and the promotion pixies are dancing in the centre circle

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    It's how some cope I guess
    I guess Man City set a few records with their drop to Div 3 in 1998 - who can guess what is around the corner?
    (*I've dropped you a PM - just in case like me you hardly ever check that section)

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    It's how some cope I guess
    I guess Man City set a few records with their drop to Div 3 in 1998 - who can guess what is around the corner?
    (*I've dropped you a PM - just in case like me you hardly ever check that section)
    Thanks truthpaste. A great 2022 for both of us and our families is my hope, together with some success for our beloved City. Keep your interesting posts coming.

You lot have nothing to complain about. In the space of just four days we have recorded the worst FA Cup result in our 150 year history and followed it up with the biggest home defeat in our 150 year history. Awaiting tomorrow for the hat-trick.