+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: VAR in the FA Cup

VAR in the FA Cup

Is it right to use it as it is only available at Premier League grounds?

Re: VAR in the FA Cup

No !
    All or nothing

Shouldn’t have different rules for different games

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    No !
    All or nothing

Shouldn’t have different rules for different games
    wot e sed

At Anfield will be the first time we experience VAR.
    I hope that the players are coached to cope with it.

Part of me thinks all or nothing but then it clearly isn't going to be used for the foreseeable at most grounds, similar to goal line tech.

If the idea is it helps eliminate some errors, then a cup final with it just sitting there unused while Chelsea win 2-1 with Azpilicueta a bus length offside would be a bit weird.

Liverpool score a 93rd min goal to equalise against us and its disallowed by VAR, yea I'm all for it

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    Is it really? For some reason I thought we'd had it

In what part of life is it fair to those with less prestige in the game , I reckon a court case with find against them , one team goes out for a blatant off side due to no VAR / poor refereeing , the exact incident is referred to VAR then changed .

Dreadful all or nothing in a single tournament I say

Weren't the Jacks on the wrong end of a couple of bad decisions against Man City a couple of years ago? If they'd had VAR then Man City's goals wouldnt have stood I think?

I’m not sure if this is a bad attempt at humour or not, but If not I’m fascinated as to how it would find its way into the coaching manual 😀

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    In what part of life is it fair to those with less prestige in the game , I reckon a court case with find against them , one team goes out for a blatant off side due to no VAR / poor refereeing , the exact incident is referred to VAR then changed .

Dreadful all or nothing in a single tournament I say
    Has there ever been a court case about an offside? We've been having dodgy offside calls for decades.

Do the early preliminary rounds of the fa cup have fourth officials by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    I’m not sure if this is a bad attempt at humour or not, but If not I’m fascinated as to how it would find its way into the coaching manual 😀
    That’s it isn’t it.
    What I mean is that if the assistants flag goes up you carry on and let VAR attempt to clear it up.

That’s it isn’t it.
    What I mean is that if the assistants flag goes up you carry on and let VAR attempt to clear it up.
    👍

Apparently it costs £9K to have VAR for a game and the clubs have to pay. (Sauce: Guardian football podcast - they quoted the Shrewsbury chairman).

That’s it isn’t it.
    That wouldn't be much different to normal. Players always play to the whistle, as the ref can overrule the linesman.

But linesmen flag late with var so it shouldn't be an issue anyway.

We have seen VAR in action many times and without any stats on the subject, I'd say that the decisions favour the "better" teams.

The referee will give what he sees, usually favouring Man Us, Liverpools Chelseas or Citehs of this world and if it's not "clear and obvious" then the refs decision stands.

Villa's disallowed goal last night was also an example where VAR can look for any misdemeanor, obstructing or fouling an opponent, one that goes on regularly without penalty.

I doubt in the game City v Liverpool such a decision would swing the result in our favour but on the whole, and in reply to the OP, I say don't have it at all if the facility isn't available at all grounds.

Judging by the attempts of the VAR officials last night to search out reasons to disallow the Villa goal until they eventually found one, I feel we have no chance.