+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fans back in Scotland next week

Fans back in Scotland next week

Fans will be allowed back in Scotland after the end of next week.

Over to you Drakey

Re: Fans back in Scotland next week

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Isn’t it the end of this week? Or sooner?

Says football fans can return to stadiums when the Scottish Premiership’s winter break ends next week.

Scotland’s Clinical Director has admitted that closing nightclubs and sports stadiums has had little impact, which is a huge shock.

Pressure is on Drakeford. NQAT

It was obvious to me that when UK Government decided not to have further restrictions last week, it would leave Scotland and Wales out on a limb. Now that Scotland have made this decision I hope Wales Government do the same quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    It was obvious to me that when UK Government decided not to have further restrictions last week, it would leave Scotland and Wales out on a limb. Now that Scotland have made this decision I hope Wales Government do the same quickly.
    No chance. Drakeler is as stubborn as they come.

Says football fans can return to stadiums when the Scottish Premiership’s winter break ends next week.
    The winter break ends on Monday 17th, when Celtic play Hibs. There is a full set of Premiership fixtures on Tuesday 18th. My understanding from the reports is that fans will be allowed to attend all of those games.

There has been a further reduction in cases as well today. I can understand nightclub and indoor restrictions but no crowds for outdoor sports events??

We should be playing Saturday with a crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    We should be playing Saturday with a crowd.
    Not in Wales, butty bach. And not in Chester, either. Oh no. But don’t worry, it’ll be all systems go for the rugger in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Not in Wales, butty bach. And not in Chester, either. Oh no. But don’t worry, it’ll be all systems go for the rugger in a few weeks.
    As I have documented many times on here I am a supporter of Wales Government. I also believe that they have made decisions , some right, some wrong, in good faith, which is more can be said for that lot over the border.
    In my opinion Wales government would be foolish not to follow Scotland's lead and allow large gatherings immediately. They would lose a lot of goodwill if they dont.

As I have documented many times on here I am a supporter of Wales Government. I also believe that they have made decisions , some right, some wrong, in good faith, which is more can be said for that lot over the border.
    In my opinion Wales government would be foolish not to follow Scotland's lead and allow large gatherings immediately. They would lose a lot of goodwill if they dont.
    I agree, I have generally supported most measures to date and for the right reasons but to hang onto this one would show pathetic stubborness.

Over to you Drakey
    Old Charlie Drake ford is usually a week behind the old Sturgeness , and she is a month behind Boris

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I agree, I have generally supported most measures to date and for the right reasons but to hang onto this one would show pathetic stubborness.
    playground politics at its best .

#PressuresonDrakeford NQAT

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Isn’t it the end of this week? Or sooner?
    Aberdeen v Rangers on the 18th .

Because for most its a cold. WTF is going on here in Wales ?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    No chance. Drakeler is as stubborn as they come.
    Won’t admit he ballsed that up hey

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Just to say there were 379 deaths today, UK wide.

We're still very much on the grip of the pandemic , even though I think Wales government has little alternative but to follow Scotland's lead and abandon restrictions over crowds.

He didn't balls up.

The evidence said otherwise.

Unfortunately the choices he has to reduce social interaction are limited given no extra funding from the UK Treasury, so sport was one thing that copped for it.

There are too many hospitals in England in emergency measures to suggest that the lack of measures in England was the right approach, even if Omicron has turned out much milder for most than previous strains.

Our health boards are clearly far from running smoothly but ....

Easy for me to try and be objective; I can still go and watch my football team this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    How could you tell if they ballsed it up or not? Just because things were done differently elsewhere doesn't mean anyone ballsed anything up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    How could you tell if they ballsed it up or not? Just because things were done differently elsewhere doesn't mean anyone ballsed anything up.
    He instituted a ban in something where him and his own experts had already admitted was not a high risk area. His excuse was that they were worried about fans meeting and drinking together outside and inside the ground but all he had to do was ask clubs to temporarily close hospitality areas. People attending games were already supposed to be double vacc’d - they could have asked for booster jab proof as well. It was just an easy target, to make it appear that WAG were being tough. Plus, although cases and hospital admissions were high, intensive care bed occupation for the whole of the UK is now under 800 and falling - actually lower than it was 3 months ago. This clearly indicates that Omicron is not as serious but was totally ignored.