+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: if Kieffer moore leaves

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: if Kieffer moore leaves

Moore scored twenty league goals last season and not too many of them were penalties. Losing Harry Wilson and, to a lesser extent, all of the club’s under performing wingers, has not helped him, but to score that many in a team which has created so little in open play in recent seasons was an outstanding achievement- it’s not so long ago that we were despairing of ever having a twenty goal a season striker again.

So, for me, the ability is still there, but there have to be questions about Moore’s attitude - like a few in this season’s team, I’m not sure that it is effort that is missing, more determination. We’ve fought back impressively from deficits in some away games this season, but heads seem to go down in home games when we fall behind and Moore appears to be as bad as anyone in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Moore scored twenty league goals last season and not too many of them were penalties. Losing Harry Wilson and, to a lesser extent, all of the club’s under performing wingers, has not helped him, but to score that many in a team which has created so little in open play in recent seasons was an outstanding achievement- it’s not so long ago that we were despairing of ever having a twenty goal a season striker again.

So, for me, the ability is still there, but there have to be questions about Moore’s attitude - like a few in this season’s team, I’m not sure that it is effort that is missing, more determination. We’ve fought back impressively from deficits in some away games this season, but heads seem to go down in home games when we fall behind and Moore appears to be as bad as anyone in that regard.
    He’s also been in and out with injury and Covid.

Not sure that he’s played many games at full fitness.

He also seems in his career to have scored goals in bursts, he’s had lots of fairly barren spells.

Maybe that has con in ideas with injury/ fitness issues as again he’s been focal for his last few clubs and I’d expect that he’s often played when ge shouldn’t have due to lack of similar cover, hence why with us Collins was brought in

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    He’s also been in and out with injury and Covid.

Not sure that he’s played many games at full fitness.

He also seems in his career to have scored goals in bursts, he’s had lots of fairly barren spells.

Maybe that has con in ideas with injury/ fitness issues as again he’s been focal for his last few clubs and I’d expect that he’s often played when ge shouldn’t have due to lack of similar cover, hence why with us Collins was brought in

He's contributed very little this season, due to the issues you mentioned and our lack of width/crossing...

Interestingly, under Morison, Moore has played very little so we don't really know how he will adapt... saying that we still have set pieces to relay on and Doyle is an exceptional set piece taker who will challenge/share with Ralls for set piece duties. With the two new loan signings and perhaps Giles coming back, Moore needs to have a good second half of the season if we are to avoid relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    He's contributed very little this season, due to the issues you mentioned and our lack of width/crossing...

Interestingly, under Morison, Moore has played very little so we don't really know how he will adapt... saying that we still have set pieces to relay on and Doyle is an exceptional set piece taker who will challenge/share with Ralls for set piece duties. With the two new loan signings and perhaps Giles coming back, Moore needs to have a good second half of the season if we are to avoid relegation.
    How do you know Doyle is an "exceptional" set piece taker? Do you watch a lot of Man City under 23 games?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    How do you know Doyle is an "exceptional" set piece taker? Do you watch a lot of Man City under 23 games?
    https://youtu.be/oRVnwYGn6aA

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Wow some beauties in there

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I seen African on twitter yesterday say he hasn’t seen the YouTube video so I’m just intrigued how he would know the player so well?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I seen African on twitter yesterday say he hasn’t seen the YouTube video so I’m just intrigued how he would know the player so well?
    Like I mentioned yesterday - his coaches at England and Man City have all said so. Also many Man City fans who watch the U23's have spoken about his ability to keep the ball, move forward and also take great set pieces.

Also like I said yesterday, let's see.