+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: if Kieffer moore leaves

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: if Kieffer moore leaves

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    3m is 1m profit, and we have to give 20% of that to Wigan. If Bournemouth want to sign him, they’re think he’s at least a very good player at this level, and 3m is therefore a piss take.

They sold Sam Surridge to Stoke for 6.5m, and he is absolute garbage
    exactly. 8 m or piss off Bournemouth

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    exactly. 8 m or piss off Bournemouth
    £8 million for a 29 year-old with 5 goals to his name this season? Really? I'd say that's extremely optimistic

Danny Ward is less than a year older than Moore and has scored twice as many goals in the Championship this season. What do you reckon he's worth?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    £8 million for a 29 year-old with 5 goals to his name this season? Really? I'd say that's extremely optimistic

Danny Ward is less than a year older than Moore and has scored twice as many goals in the Championship this season. What do you reckon he's worth?
    Danny Ward didn't score 20 goals last season and doesn't consistently shine on the international stage though.

To answer your question, in my humble opinion:

Danny Ward - £2.5m
    Kieffer - £6.5m

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Danny Ward didn't score 20 goals last season and doesn't consistently shine on the international stage though.

To answer your question, in my humble opinion:

Danny Ward - £2.5m
    Kieffer - £6.5m
    Consistently shine?!? OK.....

My opinion, in the current transfer climate:

Danny Ward - £500,000 (at a push)
    Kieffer Moore - £4,500,000 (tops)

A 1 in 3 record for Wales is very good and he has a good influence on most of the games he plays for Wales. I don't think we'll get anywhere near £8m for Moore, nor should we, but there's no point downplaying how he does for Wales

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    A 1 in 3 record for Wales is very good and he has a good influence on most of the games he plays for Wales. I don't think we'll get anywhere near £8m for Moore, nor should we, but there's no point downplaying how he does for Wales
    Fair enough. I reckon a suggestion that Moore 'consistently shines for Wales' is well over the top, but each to their own.

Don't get me wrong, he's certainly a decent player on his day, does well in specific roles for both City and Wales when he's in form, but he rarely creates something out of nothing or scores goals from any sort of distance. He's not that kind of player. To my eyes, he never stands out in terms of his ability with the ball. He's an effective target man, but not much more.

I'm pretty sure that Bournemouth view him as a back-up to Solanke more than anything - a worthwhile punt for a few million if he can help them get over the line and into the Premier League. I doubt he'll get too much game time if they get there, though.

Fair enough. I reckon a suggestion that Moore 'consistently shines for Wales' is well over the top, but each to their own.

Don't get me wrong, he's certainly a decent player on his day, does well in specific roles for both City and Wales when he's in form, but he rarely creates something out of nothing or scores goals from any sort of distance. He's not that kind of player. To my eyes, he never stands out in terms of his ability with the ball. He's an effective target man, but not much more.

I'm pretty sure that Bournemouth view him as a back-up to Solanke more than anything - a worthwhile punt for a few million if he can help them get over the line and into the Premier League. I doubt he'll get too much game time if they get there, though.
    That's the thing, it would have to be Solanke over Moore for me. I'm totally on the same page as you with this.

Yes, Kieffer Moore plays consistently well for Wales.

I'm saying £2.5m for DW assuming he continues in this vein and gets at least 15 goals this season but yes I might be being a bit generous.

But Bournemouth don't want to sign Danny Ward, and there's a reason for that. Mainly because he isn't very good, and Moore is (when he can be bothered). He's also scored 1 in 3 for Wales. Bournemouth sold Sam Surridge for 6.5m to Stoke. He scored 8 goals last season, split between 2 sides that finished in the playoffs.

Bournemouth sold Sam Surridge for 6.5m to Stoke.
    Two points:

1) Sam Surridge is 23 and was an England Under-21 international not so long ago.

2) What Bournemouth managed to get from Stoke for another player is irrelevant. It's the equivalent of saying City should have paid £6 million for Moore because they sold Zohore to West Brom for £8 million.

Two points:

1) Sam Surridge is 23 and was an England Under-21 international not so long ago.

2) What Bournemouth managed to get from Stoke for another player is irrelevant. It's the equivalent of saying City should have paid £6 million for Moore because they sold Zohore to West Brom for £8 million.
    1) Surridge is not a proven goalscorer. Moore is.

2) What Bournemouth managed to get from Stoke is an indication of how much people will pay for goalscorers in the division. At the very least, Bournemouth are signing him to push them over the line and think he's a very good player. They've got a lot of money, and we should be asking for that. If he goes there, they've got to think he's got half a chance of scoring in the PL. I think Moore has been dreadful at times this season and has not wanted to be here at all but that doesn't mean he's a bad player. His performances on the international level are testament to that, especially when he bullies defenders such as Skrinar, and scores goals against sides like Belgium and Switzerland.

1) Surridge is not a proven goalscorer. MOORE IS

2) What Bournemouth managed to get from Stoke is an indication of how much people will pay for goalscorers in the division. At the very least, Bournemouth are signing him to push them over the line and think he's a very good player. They've got a lot of money, and we should be asking for that. If he goes there, they've got to think he's got half a chance of scoring in the PL. I think Moore has been dreadful at times this season and has not wanted to be here at all but that doesn't mean he's a bad player. His performances on the international level are testament to that, especially when he bullies defenders such as Skrinar, and scores goals against sides like Belgium and Switzerland.
    Not this season he isn’t

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Not this season he isn’t
    I know. I said so

1) Surridge is not a proven goalscorer. Moore is.

All fair enough. I don't agree with some of it, but fair enough.

I'm off out and the Moore argument kind of defeats me because I just don't rate him - not highly, anyway. But I'll leave you with two observations. Firstly, Stoke were obviously buying what they regarded as long-term potential when they purchased Surridge, much in the same way that Bournemouth were when they shelled out no less than £17 million to buy Solanke. Nobody buying Moore will have that in mind given his age. Secondly, not so very long ago there were people on this board seriously arguing that Moore was in the £20 to £25 million price bracket.

I agree with you. I don't believe he's worth that kind of money. There's a reason we got him on the cheap. If we get it, great, but I don't think we will. Sure, he had a great season last season but isn't that the only one he's ever had? If he hadn't have been the Wales striker, I don't think we'd have bought him. I think our Wales specs have clouded our Cardiff specs.

TBH I'm p*ssed off with him this season too. I think he's let us down.

I also agree with TOBW. It'll be an awful transfer window if we don't replace him with another striker, even if we get Giles back.