+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: if Kieffer moore leaves

Re: if Kieffer moore leaves

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    £8 million for a 29 year-old with 5 goals to his name this season? Really? I'd say that's extremely optimistic

Danny Ward is less than a year older than Moore and has scored twice as many goals in the Championship this season. What do you reckon he's worth?
    I agree with you. I don't believe he's worth that kind of money. There's a reason we got him on the cheap. If we get it, great, but I don't think we will. Sure, he had a great season last season but isn't that the only one he's ever had? If he hadn't have been the Wales striker, I don't think we'd have bought him. I think our Wales specs have clouded our Cardiff specs.

TBH I'm p*ssed off with him this season too. I think he's let us down.

I also agree with TOBW. It'll be an awful transfer window if we don't replace him with another striker, even if we get Giles back.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    A 1 in 3 record for Wales is very good and he has a good influence on most of the games he plays for Wales. I don't think we'll get anywhere near £8m for Moore, nor should we, but there's no point downplaying how he does for Wales
    Fair enough. I reckon a suggestion that Moore 'consistently shines for Wales' is well over the top, but each to their own.

Don't get me wrong, he's certainly a decent player on his day, does well in specific roles for both City and Wales when he's in form, but he rarely creates something out of nothing or scores goals from any sort of distance. He's not that kind of player. To my eyes, he never stands out in terms of his ability with the ball. He's an effective target man, but not much more.

I'm pretty sure that Bournemouth view him as a back-up to Solanke more than anything - a worthwhile punt for a few million if he can help them get over the line and into the Premier League. I doubt he'll get too much game time if they get there, though.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    9 x the value of Danny Ward for a striker that’s only scored 5 goals this season compared to 15?
    At a push. And Ward has scored 10.

Fair enough. I reckon a suggestion that Moore 'consistently shines for Wales' is well over the top, but each to their own.

Don't get me wrong, he's certainly a decent player on his day, does well in specific roles for both City and Wales when he's in form, but he rarely creates something out of nothing or scores goals from any sort of distance. He's not that kind of player. To my eyes, he never stands out in terms of his ability with the ball. He's an effective target man, but not much more.

I'm pretty sure that Bournemouth view him as a back-up to Solanke more than anything - a worthwhile punt for a few million if he can help them get over the line and into the Premier League. I doubt he'll get too much game time if they get there, though.
    That's the thing, it would have to be Solanke over Moore for me. I'm totally on the same page as you with this.

Two points:

1) Sam Surridge is 23 and was an England Under-21 international not so long ago.

2) What Bournemouth managed to get from Stoke for another player is irrelevant. It's the equivalent of saying City should have paid £6 million for Moore because they sold Zohore to West Brom for £8 million.
    1) Surridge is not a proven goalscorer. Moore is.

2) What Bournemouth managed to get from Stoke is an indication of how much people will pay for goalscorers in the division. At the very least, Bournemouth are signing him to push them over the line and think he's a very good player. They've got a lot of money, and we should be asking for that. If he goes there, they've got to think he's got half a chance of scoring in the PL. I think Moore has been dreadful at times this season and has not wanted to be here at all but that doesn't mean he's a bad player. His performances on the international level are testament to that, especially when he bullies defenders such as Skrinar, and scores goals against sides like Belgium and Switzerland.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    1) Surridge is not a proven goalscorer. MOORE IS

2) What Bournemouth managed to get from Stoke is an indication of how much people will pay for goalscorers in the division. At the very least, Bournemouth are signing him to push them over the line and think he's a very good player. They've got a lot of money, and we should be asking for that. If he goes there, they've got to think he's got half a chance of scoring in the PL. I think Moore has been dreadful at times this season and has not wanted to be here at all but that doesn't mean he's a bad player. His performances on the international level are testament to that, especially when he bullies defenders such as Skrinar, and scores goals against sides like Belgium and Switzerland.
    Not this season he isn’t

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Not this season he isn’t
    I know. I said so

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    1) Surridge is not a proven goalscorer. Moore is.

All fair enough. I don't agree with some of it, but fair enough.

I'm off out and the Moore argument kind of defeats me because I just don't rate him - not highly, anyway. But I'll leave you with two observations. Firstly, Stoke were obviously buying what they regarded as long-term potential when they purchased Surridge, much in the same way that Bournemouth were when they shelled out no less than £17 million to buy Solanke. Nobody buying Moore will have that in mind given his age. Secondly, not so very long ago there were people on this board seriously arguing that Moore was in the £20 to £25 million price bracket.

He is worth 5 million tops

Talk on Wigan message boards that they would be entitled to a 20% sell-on fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Sensible View Post
    Yes that's widely known so will factor into any decision

he's only worth what someone is worth paying for him and what we are willing to sell him for.
    no point at all in selling for 3 million, especially as 20% goes to Wigan.
    I think it would take a fair bit over 5m to convince us to sell, bearing in mind we'd need to bring in a replacement and they won't come cheap

I know he hasn’t been himself and it’s probably the right time to move him on but also think it will be a huge loss stilll. For me still the first name on the teamsheet even half arsed.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I know he hasn’t been himself and it’s probably the right time to move him on but also think it will be a huge loss stilll. For me still the first name on the teamsheet even half arsed.
    I agree

The only way selling Moore makes sense in the position we’re in is if there is a well thought through plan to spend at least some of the money received to leave us with, hopefully, a stronger squad than we have now - based on what we’ve seen in the past ten years or so, do you think that’s likely to be the case?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The only way selling Moore makes sense in the position we’re in is if there is a well thought through plan to spend at least some of the money received to leave us with, hopefully, a stronger squad than we have now - based on what we’ve seen in the past ten years or so, do you think that’s likely to be the case?
    Not in the slightest. I doubt we'll see any of the money, particularly as Wigan will grab a fair chunk. I'd prefer to keep him at least until the end of the season

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That has to be a no from me. Not in the slightest. He's not my kind of a player, and as I've said, I think he's let us down this season, but it's going to make our job of staying in the division an awful lot harder if we sell him. I don't think our board will get a good price for him if they do decide to sell. We're dire on and off the pitch.

How much do we lose in income being in league one compared to the Championship?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    That has to be a no from me. Not in the slightest. He's not my kind of a player, and as I've said, I think he's let us down this season, but it's going to make our job of staying in the division an awful lot harder if we sell him. I don't think our board will get a good price for him if they do decide to sell. We're dire on and off the pitch.
    To be fair the board have occasionally managed to get very good deals: £8m for Zohore, £3m for Mason, £6m for Mutch

To be fair the board have occasionally managed to get very good deals: £8m for Zohore, £3m for Mason, £6m for Mutch
    You're right, to be fair. I'm just annoyed we're in this position and a bit grumpy at the moment. I can't believe my heart rate during a match between Brum and Posh. I can't take this!

I wonder if we're talking to Andy Carroll as a potential replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    More likely to be talking to Andy Campbell….

Sorry, open goal. Couldn’t resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    'Moore' like Lewis Carroll then we'd be in wonderland.

They dont really like to talk about the money they get in though from sky, selling, crowds etc….just what goes out

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Sensible View Post
    This means we'd lose money on the transfer (£2.6m spent and £2.4m back in), which is ridiculous considering the season he had last year and his Wales exploits