+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: if Kieffer moore leaves

Re: if Kieffer moore leaves

Quote Originally Posted by Punxsutawney Phil View Post
    This means we'd lose money on the transfer (£2.6m spent and £2.4m back in), which is ridiculous considering the season he had last year and his Wales exploits
    yeah that is ridiculous

City has been the graveyard of many strikers in recent years. They simply don't receive decent supply.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The only way selling Moore makes sense in the position we’re in is if there is a well thought through plan to spend at least some of the money received to leave us with, hopefully, a stronger squad than we have now - based on what we’ve seen in the past ten years or so, do you think that’s likely to be the case?
    Josh Maja is in talks with Championship clubs. I hope the club are one of them. They won't be, though because that is far too sensible for Tan and Dalman.

Quote Originally Posted by Punxsutawney Phil View Post
    This means we'd lose money on the transfer (£2.6m spent and £2.4m back in), which is ridiculous considering the season he had last year and his Wales exploits
    It'll be 20% on the profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    It'll be 20% on the profit.
    Is it really that simple though? Presumably there are costs (and possibly taxes) when buying and selling players.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Is it really that simple though? Presumably there are costs (and possibly taxes) when buying and selling players.
    VAT for one. I'm pretty sure it is standard that it is based on the profit.

Sell on clauses may not necessarily be standard, so it all depends on what was agreed when we bought Kieffer.
    I’d be surprised profit is the value used, because it would be possible to downplay it in order to reduce the amount paid onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Josh Maja is in talks with Championship clubs. I hope the club are one of them. They won't be, though because that is far too sensible for Tan and Dalman.
    Morison looks for the players he wants then asks the powers above..

He doesn’t want to be here, his attitude stinks, people saying we’ll be worse off if he goes. How can we be worse off getting shot of someone who spends match days on his settee? If he stays, he won’t play much, I think he’s trying to break the world record for catching Covid. Should he be allowed in the ground with the relevant vaccination proof anyway? He’s let us down badly.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    He doesn’t want to be here, his attitude stinks, people saying we’ll be worse off if he goes. How can we be worse off getting shot of someone who spends match days on his settee? If he stays, he won’t play much, I think he’s trying to break the world record for catching Covid. Should he be allowed in the ground with the relevant vaccination proof anyway? He’s let us down badly.
    This is how I've felt this season. If he stays and wears the shirt I hope he can win me over. We didn't get to see him in his 20 goal season. I'd like to see that version, and please can we stop making excuses for him. He's a 29-year-old Cardiff City striker and we're in the sh*t. We need wins, goals and can't afford to keep anyone who doesn't want to be here.

Edit: and FFS the 20 goals were last season. That's gone. None of us can live on past glories. It's this season's tally that's important. If any of us f*ck up at work we don't get to use the excuse 'well, I was bloody brilliant last year!'

One would imagine that he can't just **** off for an entire season and expect to get a move. He's got about 3 months to make a good impression. Let's see what he does. He'll be lucky to get in the Wales squad at this rate.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Sell on clauses may not necessarily be standard, so it all depends on what was agreed when we bought Kieffer.
    I’d be surprised profit is the value used, because it would be possible to downplay it in order to reduce the amount paid onwards.
    I think it’s exactly on profit and clubs do reduce the amount received in respect of the onward sale.

Swansea did it to Utrecht in respect of Michel Vorm

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...e-Swansea.html

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    One would imagine that he can't just **** off for an entire season and expect to get a move. He's got about 3 months to make a good impression. Let's see what he does. He'll be lucky to get in the Wales squad at this rate.
    I wonder how this messageboard would react if we were about to splash a few million quid on a (non Welsh international) striker with Moore’s current playing record? As Citizen’s Nephew has pointed out, last season’s 20 goal haul is very much in the past, football is all about the here and now regarding multi million pound outlays. He’s hardly one for the future, if we can squeeze the pips out of Bournemouth all well and good. I was a massive fan of Moore prior to these last few months, he’s disappointed me immensely.

I was a massive fan of Moore prior to these last few months, he’s disappointed me immensely.
    Really? I can't say I'd noticed.

I wonder how this messageboard would react if we were about to splash a few million quid on a (non Welsh international) striker with Moore’s current playing record?
    A few reasonable comments then an eight page slanging match. It's tradition!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Really? I can't say I'd noticed.

Nothing gets past you