+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: if Kieffer moore leaves

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: if Kieffer moore leaves

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    £8 million for a 29 year-old with 5 goals to his name this season? Really? I'd say that's extremely optimistic

Danny Ward is less than a year older than Moore and has scored twice as many goals in the Championship this season. What do you reckon he's worth?
    But Bournemouth don't want to sign Danny Ward, and there's a reason for that. Mainly because he isn't very good, and Moore is (when he can be bothered). He's also scored 1 in 3 for Wales. Bournemouth sold Sam Surridge for 6.5m to Stoke. He scored 8 goals last season, split between 2 sides that finished in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Bournemouth sold Sam Surridge for 6.5m to Stoke.
    Two points:

1) Sam Surridge is 23 and was an England Under-21 international not so long ago.

2) What Bournemouth managed to get from Stoke for another player is irrelevant. It's the equivalent of saying City should have paid £6 million for Moore because they sold Zohore to West Brom for £8 million.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Two points:

1) Sam Surridge is 23 and was an England Under-21 international not so long ago.

2) What Bournemouth managed to get from Stoke for another player is irrelevant. It's the equivalent of saying City should have paid £6 million for Moore because they sold Zohore to West Brom for £8 million.
    1) Surridge is not a proven goalscorer. Moore is.

2) What Bournemouth managed to get from Stoke is an indication of how much people will pay for goalscorers in the division. At the very least, Bournemouth are signing him to push them over the line and think he's a very good player. They've got a lot of money, and we should be asking for that. If he goes there, they've got to think he's got half a chance of scoring in the PL. I think Moore has been dreadful at times this season and has not wanted to be here at all but that doesn't mean he's a bad player. His performances on the international level are testament to that, especially when he bullies defenders such as Skrinar, and scores goals against sides like Belgium and Switzerland.

1) Surridge is not a proven goalscorer. MOORE IS

2) What Bournemouth managed to get from Stoke is an indication of how much people will pay for goalscorers in the division. At the very least, Bournemouth are signing him to push them over the line and think he's a very good player. They've got a lot of money, and we should be asking for that. If he goes there, they've got to think he's got half a chance of scoring in the PL. I think Moore has been dreadful at times this season and has not wanted to be here at all but that doesn't mean he's a bad player. His performances on the international level are testament to that, especially when he bullies defenders such as Skrinar, and scores goals against sides like Belgium and Switzerland.
    Not this season he isn’t

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Not this season he isn’t
    I know. I said so

1) Surridge is not a proven goalscorer. Moore is.

All fair enough. I don't agree with some of it, but fair enough.

I'm off out and the Moore argument kind of defeats me because I just don't rate him - not highly, anyway. But I'll leave you with two observations. Firstly, Stoke were obviously buying what they regarded as long-term potential when they purchased Surridge, much in the same way that Bournemouth were when they shelled out no less than £17 million to buy Solanke. Nobody buying Moore will have that in mind given his age. Secondly, not so very long ago there were people on this board seriously arguing that Moore was in the £20 to £25 million price bracket.