+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: if Kieffer moore leaves

Re: if Kieffer moore leaves

I bet his “niggles” have been to protect him so he doesn’t get injured and so we can sell him. Either from him alone or the club. He’s got 2 more goals than James Collins. He doesn’t want to be here and he’s played like it. Still, £3m is a piss take considering we bought him on the cheap and he then scored 20 in that season in a pretty average team!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I bet his “niggles” have been to protect him so he doesn’t get injured and so we can sell him. Either from him alone or the club. He’s got 2 more goals than James Collins. He doesn’t want to be here and he’s played like it. Still, £3m is a piss take considering we bought him on the cheap and he then scored 20 in that season in a pretty average team!
    3 Million profit , he stopped playing a long time ago , its that or he sulks and sees his contract out , he knows Wales will put in the squad as there's no one who plays like him in the squad , in a sense he attracts hoof ball for us , let him go he doesn't want to be here .

If I was that club id take Lawrence first

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    3 Million profit , he stopped playing a long time ago , its that or he sulks and sees his contract out , he knows Wales will put in the squad as there's no one who plays like him in the squad , in a sense he attracts hoof ball for us , let him go he doesn't want to be here .

If I was that club id take Lawrence first
    3m is 1m profit, and we have to give 20% of that to Wigan. If Bournemouth want to sign him, they’re think he’s at least a very good player at this level, and 3m is therefore a piss take.

They sold Sam Surridge to Stoke for 6.5m, and he is absolute garbage

3m is 1m profit, and we have to give 20% of that to Wigan. If Bournemouth want to sign him, they’re think he’s at least a very good player at this level, and 3m is therefore a piss take.

They sold Sam Surridge to Stoke for 6.5m, and he is absolute garbage
    exactly. 8 m or piss off Bournemouth

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    8m and I'd be tempted
    I think we had all the luck when we sold Zohore to WBA . I cant see us doing it again with Moore, he isnt a 8m player.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I think we had all the luck when we sold Zohore to WBA . I cant see us doing it again with Moore, he isnt a 8m player.
    I'm still getting over selling Steve McLean to Plymouth for 500k

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Just because of COVID

Look at previous fees recently, Jordan Rhodes, Assombalonga etc

Moore on his day pisses all over them

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Just because of COVID

What ages are these players you compare him with? Rhodes seems to have been about for years and years

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Just because of COVID

Jordan Rhodes hasn't played well in about 6 years though

if we lose Moore, but bring back Giles, would that count as a good transfer window or a bad one?

exactly. 8 m or piss off Bournemouth
    £8 million for a 29 year-old with 5 goals to his name this season? Really? I'd say that's extremely optimistic

Danny Ward is less than a year older than Moore and has scored twice as many goals in the Championship this season. What do you reckon he's worth?

if we lose Moore, but bring back Giles, would that count as a good transfer window or a bad one?
    I like Moore but if we bring Giles back and bring in a decent striker on loan i'd be happy if we sold him aslong has we get a decent fee

A terrible one if we go into the rest of the season without someone better than the strikers we'll be left with.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    £8 million for a 29 year-old with 5 goals to his name this season? Really? I'd say that's extremely optimistic

Danny Ward is less than a year older than Moore and has scored twice as many goals in the Championship this season. What do you reckon he's worth?
    Danny Ward didn't score 20 goals last season and doesn't consistently shine on the international stage though.

To answer your question, in my humble opinion:

Danny Ward - £2.5m
    Kieffer - £6.5m

But Bournemouth don't want to sign Danny Ward, and there's a reason for that. Mainly because he isn't very good, and Moore is (when he can be bothered). He's also scored 1 in 3 for Wales. Bournemouth sold Sam Surridge for 6.5m to Stoke. He scored 8 goals last season, split between 2 sides that finished in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    A terrible one if we go into the rest of the season without someone better than the strikers we'll be left with.
    Moore is only worth keeping if he's fit and available... Let's me honest, Moore's absence shows how vulnerable and weak we are.

If he does go we desperately need a decent striker

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Danny Ward didn't score 20 goals last season and doesn't consistently shine on the international stage though.

To answer your question, in my humble opinion:

Danny Ward - £2.5m
    Kieffer - £6.5m
    Consistently shine?!? OK.....

My opinion, in the current transfer climate:

Danny Ward - £500,000 (at a push)
    Kieffer Moore - £4,500,000 (tops)

Bournemouth sold Sam Surridge for 6.5m to Stoke.
    Two points:

1) Sam Surridge is 23 and was an England Under-21 international not so long ago.

2) What Bournemouth managed to get from Stoke for another player is irrelevant. It's the equivalent of saying City should have paid £6 million for Moore because they sold Zohore to West Brom for £8 million.

No need to speculate.

Wales Online are here with their cutting edge journalism.

All you could ever want to know about the inside story of Kieffer Moore to Bournemouth.... or maybe not.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...riker-22871017

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    No need to speculate.

Wales Online are here with their cutting edge journalism.

All you could ever want to know about the inside story of Kieffer Moore to Bournemouth.... or maybe not.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...riker-22871017
    "baulk at the price tag" is a phrase that must have 90% of its usage in football transfer stories these days.

A 1 in 3 record for Wales is very good and he has a good influence on most of the games he plays for Wales. I don't think we'll get anywhere near £8m for Moore, nor should we, but there's no point downplaying how he does for Wales

Yes, Kieffer Moore plays consistently well for Wales.

I'm saying £2.5m for DW assuming he continues in this vein and gets at least 15 goals this season but yes I might be being a bit generous.

Surely we have to be looking for at least £5m for Moore. I know there are people who say he was a one-season wonder at Cardiff, but I can't see Bournemouth signing anyone on that basis, and also, there are plenty of clubs who would love to have him in their team. The question is whether this is the sale that sends us down. There's talk of Giles returning, but the player that would benefit from his crosses is surely Moore? Even if the money is spent wisely on the players we need, I still think it's not a good idea.

9 x the value of Danny Ward for a striker that’s only scored 5 goals this season compared to 15?

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    9 x the value of Danny Ward for a striker that’s only scored 5 goals this season compared to 15?
    moore is clearly worth a lot more than ward.