+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: if Kieffer moore leaves

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: if Kieffer moore leaves

I know he hasn’t been himself and it’s probably the right time to move him on but also think it will be a huge loss stilll. For me still the first name on the teamsheet even half arsed.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I know he hasn’t been himself and it’s probably the right time to move him on but also think it will be a huge loss stilll. For me still the first name on the teamsheet even half arsed.
    I agree

The only way selling Moore makes sense in the position we’re in is if there is a well thought through plan to spend at least some of the money received to leave us with, hopefully, a stronger squad than we have now - based on what we’ve seen in the past ten years or so, do you think that’s likely to be the case?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The only way selling Moore makes sense in the position we’re in is if there is a well thought through plan to spend at least some of the money received to leave us with, hopefully, a stronger squad than we have now - based on what we’ve seen in the past ten years or so, do you think that’s likely to be the case?
    That has to be a no from me. Not in the slightest. He's not my kind of a player, and as I've said, I think he's let us down this season, but it's going to make our job of staying in the division an awful lot harder if we sell him. I don't think our board will get a good price for him if they do decide to sell. We're dire on and off the pitch.

Josh Maja is in talks with Championship clubs. I hope the club are one of them. They won't be, though because that is far too sensible for Tan and Dalman.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Josh Maja is in talks with Championship clubs. I hope the club are one of them. They won't be, though because that is far too sensible for Tan and Dalman.
    Morison looks for the players he wants then asks the powers above..

Not in the slightest. I doubt we'll see any of the money, particularly as Wigan will grab a fair chunk. I'd prefer to keep him at least until the end of the season

How much do we lose in income being in league one compared to the Championship?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    That has to be a no from me. Not in the slightest. He's not my kind of a player, and as I've said, I think he's let us down this season, but it's going to make our job of staying in the division an awful lot harder if we sell him. I don't think our board will get a good price for him if they do decide to sell. We're dire on and off the pitch.
    To be fair the board have occasionally managed to get very good deals: £8m for Zohore, £3m for Mason, £6m for Mutch

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    To be fair the board have occasionally managed to get very good deals: £8m for Zohore, £3m for Mason, £6m for Mutch
    You're right, to be fair. I'm just annoyed we're in this position and a bit grumpy at the moment. I can't believe my heart rate during a match between Brum and Posh. I can't take this!

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    They dont really like to talk about the money they get in though from sky, selling, crowds etc….just what goes out

I wonder if we're talking to Andy Carroll as a potential replacement

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    More likely to be talking to Andy Campbell….

Sorry, open goal. Couldn’t resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    'Moore' like Lewis Carroll then we'd be in wonderland.

Sell on clauses may not necessarily be standard, so it all depends on what was agreed when we bought Kieffer.
    I’d be surprised profit is the value used, because it would be possible to downplay it in order to reduce the amount paid onwards.

He doesn’t want to be here, his attitude stinks, people saying we’ll be worse off if he goes. How can we be worse off getting shot of someone who spends match days on his settee? If he stays, he won’t play much, I think he’s trying to break the world record for catching Covid. Should he be allowed in the ground with the relevant vaccination proof anyway? He’s let us down badly.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    He doesn’t want to be here, his attitude stinks, people saying we’ll be worse off if he goes. How can we be worse off getting shot of someone who spends match days on his settee? If he stays, he won’t play much, I think he’s trying to break the world record for catching Covid. Should he be allowed in the ground with the relevant vaccination proof anyway? He’s let us down badly.
    This is how I've felt this season. If he stays and wears the shirt I hope he can win me over. We didn't get to see him in his 20 goal season. I'd like to see that version, and please can we stop making excuses for him. He's a 29-year-old Cardiff City striker and we're in the sh*t. We need wins, goals and can't afford to keep anyone who doesn't want to be here.

Edit: and FFS the 20 goals were last season. That's gone. None of us can live on past glories. It's this season's tally that's important. If any of us f*ck up at work we don't get to use the excuse 'well, I was bloody brilliant last year!'

One would imagine that he can't just **** off for an entire season and expect to get a move. He's got about 3 months to make a good impression. Let's see what he does. He'll be lucky to get in the Wales squad at this rate.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    One would imagine that he can't just **** off for an entire season and expect to get a move. He's got about 3 months to make a good impression. Let's see what he does. He'll be lucky to get in the Wales squad at this rate.
    I wonder how this messageboard would react if we were about to splash a few million quid on a (non Welsh international) striker with Moore’s current playing record? As Citizen’s Nephew has pointed out, last season’s 20 goal haul is very much in the past, football is all about the here and now regarding multi million pound outlays. He’s hardly one for the future, if we can squeeze the pips out of Bournemouth all well and good. I was a massive fan of Moore prior to these last few months, he’s disappointed me immensely.

I was a massive fan of Moore prior to these last few months, he’s disappointed me immensely.
    Really? I can't say I'd noticed.

I wonder how this messageboard would react if we were about to splash a few million quid on a (non Welsh international) striker with Moore’s current playing record?
    A few reasonable comments then an eight page slanging match. It's tradition!

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Sell on clauses may not necessarily be standard, so it all depends on what was agreed when we bought Kieffer.
    I’d be surprised profit is the value used, because it would be possible to downplay it in order to reduce the amount paid onwards.
    I think it’s exactly on profit and clubs do reduce the amount received in respect of the onward sale.

Swansea did it to Utrecht in respect of Michel Vorm

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...e-Swansea.html