+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Would Keiffer want to stay?

Would Keiffer want to stay?

Much was written about him wanting to go to Wolves last summer. Maybe he did, maybe he didn’t.
    He has certainly not been as good this season as last. Whether that be due to him being disappointed at not going, Being disappointed at the Euros, Tiredness, Covid, the form of the team, the service he gets. It’s hard to say.
    Will he ever find last seasons form again and for us is the key question.

An offer of £10m looks to me to be good business in the current circumstances if he wants to go.

Re: Would Keiffer want to stay?

I wouldn’t blame him for wanting away. We make no effort to play to his strengths and our squad is probably the worst I have seen for over 20 years

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Much was written about him wanting to go to Wolves last summer. Maybe he did, maybe he didn’t.
    He has certainly not been as good this season as last. Whether that be due to him being disappointed at not going, Being disappointed at the Euros, Tiredness, Covid, the form of the team, the service he gets. It’s hard to say.

An offer of £10m looks to me to be good business in the current circumstances if he wants to go.
    Are you taking the p1ss?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post

I reckon an offer of £10m would only occur in an episode of a remake of Fantasy Island..........and not just in the current circumstances.

How fortunate were we to get £8m for Zohore

In today’s climate , he’s not going to be worth than £3/4m upfront

Our best hope of getting decent money is that Burnley panic on deadline day and overspend on him, that however would obviously come with its own negative ramifications for ourselves.

I suspect Luke Jephcott will be high up on our list of replacements in the event Kieffer leaves this month.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    How fortunate were we to get £8m for Zohore

In today’s climate , he’s not going to be worth than £3/4m upfront
    Burnley pretty desperate maybe lost other main striker to afcon

Where's this £10m figure coming from? I'd be surprised if we get £5m

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Yes I read that, but I’d be amazed if Burnley would want him , hope I’m wrong though as I think we should get shot and cash in

Yes I read that, but I’d be amazed if Burnley would want him , hope I’m wrong though as I think we should get shot and cash in
    So do I…

He’s liable to catch the next two or three variants before the end of the season, cash in while he’s negative.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Not another covid variant FFS

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    He’s liable to catch the next two or three variants before the end of the season, cash in while he’s negative.
    Maybe he hasn't got covid again perhaps he's keeping himself injury free in the hope of a move

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Maybe he hasn't got covid again perhaps he's keeping himself injury free in the hope of a move
    I suspect the club would want more than just a phone call as proof....

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I suspect the club would want more than just a phone call as proof....
    Maybe the club are in on it to

I'd be surprised if he goes this window - especially for anything close to the figures being quoted.

Just been listening to Iwan Roberts on EJFOF saying that Keiffer Moore looks like someone who would rather be somewhere else than Cardiff City - I reckon he’s right.

Do Burnley actually want him? Think they are planning g for next season already and know they are going down…..

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just been listening to Iwan Roberts on EJFOF saying that Keiffer Moore looks like someone who would rather be somewhere else than Cardiff City - I reckon he’s right.
    Has he only just noticed?

My thoughts exactly. looks disinterested ,looks like he thinks playing for Cardiff is below him.

I personally don't think he's playing like he wants out but I can understand why it may look that way to some.

All the speculation of a multi-million pound move after his best ever season with club and country less than a year ago to being a sicknote firing blanks in a team made up of basically defenders, and not very good ones at that, fighting relegation must be pretty soul destroying.