+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Did anybody see Andy Carroll's disallowed goal of the month competition last night?

Did anybody see Andy Carroll's disallowed goal of the month competition last night?

The first one's a good goal, the second one is one of the best I've ever seen

https://twitter.com/SkySportsPL/stat...509202944?s=20

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Re: Did anybody see Andy Carroll's disallowed goal of the month competition last night?

Very unfortunate with the two offside calls. The second effort is world class

Re: Did anybody see Andy Carroll's disallowed goal of the month competition last night?

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Very unfortunate with the two offside calls. The second effort is world class
    Agree the second one was special, though for some reason they always look better from a leftie.

Very tight decision the second one but 100% of all offside ‘goals’ (yes, 100%) are a result of the attacker moving towards goal, Carroll actually controlled the ball and moved away from Fulham’s goal before shooting. Should have been given for that alone. Reading fans must have been pissed off but having notched many similar efforts in my time (all allowed) Carroll must have been devastated. And,yes, I’m left footed

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Very tight decision the second one but 100% of all offside ‘goals’ (yes, 100%) are a result of the attacker moving towards goal, Carroll actually controlled the ball and moved away from Fulham’s goal before shooting. Should have been given for that alone. Reading fans must have been pissed off but having notched many similar efforts in my time (all allowed) Carroll must have been devastated. And,yes, I’m left footed
    Yeah only coz there were no linesmen

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Yeah only coz there were no linesmen
    Oh we had linesmen, couldn’t keep up with me, I was like diarrhoea with daps on

Oh we had linesmen, couldn’t keep up with me, I was like diarrhoea with daps on

The trouble is he doesn't play enough football, think he's forgotten about the offside rule.

Yeah it annoys me that ones like that aren't given - he's not gained any advantage from being marginally offside, as by the time he's hit it he's miles onside - I suppose if they try to allow those it would make the rule even more complicated than it is.

That second strike was special though.

Whilst he may look gangly and awkward, on his day he's an incredible athlete and decent footballer.

First Team

Probably one of the few who would agree with you on this.
    Unfortunately, he seemed to get injured almost every time he got out of bed and any momentum in his career was lost.

Keeper left the second one.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Keeper left the second one.
    He wouldn’t have got to it.
    Both times I was up from my seat jumping up and down only to see the linesman’s flag. Clearly offside for the first but I’m not so sure about the second. It was just another bad night.

Whose their winger, looks useful.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Canadian fella?

You should have kept him. Comfortably our best summer signing. Clever player.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    You should have kept him. Comfortably our best summer signing. Clever player.
    Some on here were saying his legs had gone but he had hardly been given a chance either way so wasn’t sure. I still think he would have been ideal for us as a wingback.

Some on here were saying his legs had gone but he had hardly been given a chance either way so wasn’t sure. I still think he would have been ideal for us as a wingback.