+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: covid passports

covid passports

yet again there has been a medical problem interrupting a game. should fans have to show full medical status to be allowed in to stadiums ?

Re: covid passports

What do you mean by full medical status?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    What do you mean by full medical status?
    I think he's being facetious.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I think he's being facetious.
    With the amount of medically trained staff at matches these days, if you have a medical episode during a game you're probably going to get initial treatment faster than anywhere else.

There was a stoppage in a League One game recently because of an incident in the crowd and the Soccer Saturday reporter just assumed that it was a medical emergency, but it later turned out to have been a massive punch-up.

Quote Originally Posted by + the native hipster View Post
    yet again there has been a medical problem interrupting a game. should fans have to show full medical status to be allowed in to stadiums ?
    We never used to stop games for medical emergencies in the crowd, now it’s happening all the time. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    We never used to stop games for medical emergencies in the crowd, now it’s happening all the time. Why?
    Because it adds to the drama

I was on the Grange End, watching the Real Zaragoza game in the 60’s and a fella collapsed and died in front of us.

Some staff, eventually got to him, but with a sell out crowd, couldn’t get to him quick enough.

The game carried on, without any hesitation

RIP, bluebird, whoever you were

If it means the person in need of attention receives better/quicker attention then fair enough, but why would it?

If it means the person in need of attention receives better/quicker attention then fair enough, but why would it?
    I'm sure sometimes the clubs medical staff have run across the pitch from the dugout. Suppose may depend where the problem occurs as to whether the game would need to be stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I was on the Grange End, watching the Real Zaragoza game in the 60’s and a fella collapsed and died in front of us.

Some staff, eventually got to him, but with a sell out crowd, couldn’t get to him quick enough.

The game carried on, without any hesitation

RIP, bluebird, whoever you were
    Same here - during the Leicester semi - final at CCS 2010 Chopra Scores and the poor guy behind us keels over. not a bad way to go though. RIP Bluebird.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Same here - during the Leicester semi - final at CCS 2010 Chopra Scores and the poor guy behind us keels over. not a bad way to go though. RIP Bluebird.
    He was in the row behind me. Very sad.

Also, if the medical staff are dealing with an incident in the crowd, then there is no medical cover at that time for the players, so the game must be stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    He was in the row behind me. Very sad.
    I was 2-3 rows in front of you then.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Also, if the medical staff are dealing with an incident in the crowd, then there is no medical cover at that time for the players, so the game must be stopped.
    The first aiders amongst the stewards,not the pitchside medics, are meant to deal with medical emergencies in the crowd.