+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BBC montage on 'Breakfast' of folk who lost loved ones while Boris partied.

BBC montage on 'Breakfast' of folk who lost loved ones while Boris partied.

I used to think Boris was just a buffoon after his HIGNFY appearances.
    Now I regard him as a dangerous and wicked liar.
    It isn't often a sequence like what was shown moves me, but Breakfast shone a light on a dark time.
    P'raps it was because we lost my father-in-law to Covid in similar circumstances.
    How can his party not boot him out after this?

Re: BBC montage on 'Breakfast' of folk who lost loved ones while Boris partied.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    It isn't often a sequence like what was shown moves me, but Breakfast shone a light on a dark time.
    P'raps it was because we lost my father-in-law to Covid in similar circumstances.
    It makes you wonder who else was at the party or has been to similar parties.

They really are pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Because it's not grieving families that rock their boat it's poll ratings. He may well last as long as until May but then the local elections will seal his fate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Because it's not grieving families that rock their boat it's poll ratings. He may well last as long as until May but then the local elections will seal his fate.
    https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics...b-38-11-12-jan

I can't see things improving between now and May so I'm sure these polls will be worse for Johnson by the time of the elections. Factor in rising inflation, greater energy costs and tax rises and there's a perfect storm brewing.

They'll wait until his reputation is as bad as it can get, sweep him aside and install someone (Sunak) as the face of the "new", compassionate Conservative Party who are terribly sorry

And then they'll win the next election

I don't think any potential leaders will come out and challenge him directly in the first instance.
    Similar to when Margaret Thatcher was ousted, it'll need a stalking horse first, to take one further team , to see if he still maintains the support of the party. If he doesnt, the doors will be open for a leadership challenge.

Could have written himself into history books being one of the greats due to simultaneously dealing with 2 crises at the same time (Brexit and COVID) but has tarnished his reputation beyond repair. He also hasn't really done a brilliant job of either.

It's not just what he's done, it's what example he's set for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    It makes you wonder who else was at the party or has been to similar parties.

They really are pathetic.
    Loads of people I know were doing the same things in their gardens to be fair to the buffoon….I reckon Labour voters should hope they keep him, replacing him will no doubt make them stronger in the next year or so….

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Could have written himself into history books being one of the greats due to simultaneously dealing with 2 crises at the same time (Brexit and COVID) but has tarnished his reputation beyond repair. He also hasn't really done a brilliant job of either.

He was an appalling Foreign Secretary and has been an even worse Prime Minister. The people in his party who backed him to become Prime Minister knew what they were getting and, as in the case with most political parties, chose to put party before country - they are now reaping what they sowed.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He was an appalling Foreign Secretary and has been an even worse Prime Minister. The people in his party who backed him to become Prime Minister knew what they were getting and, as in the case with most political parties, chose to put party before country - they are now reaping what they sowed.
    Absolutely. He got the job because they knew he would be popular and people would vote for him.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

He ****ed up brexit and covid ffs. This is just another nail in his coffin.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Absolutely. He got the job because they knew he would be popular and people would vote for him.
    Which is often half the battle, you can then proceed with implementing the manifesto with little opposition

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I reckon Labour voters should hope they keep him, replacing him will no doubt make them stronger in the next year or so….
    The problem with that is that people will not only distrust the Tories, they will not trust politicians.. period.

Many have lost all faith in our country's leaders across all parties for quite a while and this idiot of a man, let alone politician, has done nothing to try and reverse that.

The train of the self-serving do what you like but don't get caught has arrived, departed and gathering speed.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Loads of people I know were doing the same things in their gardens to be fair to the buffoon….I reckon Labour voters should hope they keep him, replacing him will no doubt make them stronger in the next year or so….
    I don’t think ‘loads of people’ were actually making laws against such things though. The ‘loads of people’ were also most probably loyal to each other and kept their powder dry. The snakes, sneaks, frauds etc in political circles seem to store up info and then drip feed it when they reckon the time is right for them, regardless of whether they’re dropping one of their own in it or members of a rival party. Johnson has had years of being akin to these people never thinking he’d eventually be the hunted rather than hunter, because he was one of the lads.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    How this pratt was popular with anyone I'll never know.

How this pratt was popular with anyone I'll never know.
    Think he mentioned something about taking control of our borders, which was enough for many.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Think he mentioned something about taking control of our borders, which was enough for many.
    Oh yes and Rule Britannia wasn't it?

Don’t forget the £350m a week to the NHS

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Ah, the prat didn't actually say £350 million (what we were allegedly to the EU) to the NHS it was "let's fund the NHS".... which could be £350!
    Clever or devious, take your pick.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Ah, the prat didn't actually say £350 million (what we were allegedly to the EU) to the NHS it was "let's fund the NHS".... which could be £350!
    Clever or devious, take your pick.
    Well hes not clever. Hes too feckin stupid to be devious as well.

Cummings puppet.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Oh and back to blue passports; yeah really important stuff.

Am I still meant to be washing my hands to the tune of Rule Britannia or am I getting that mixed up with something else.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Am I still meant to be washing my hands to the tune of Rule Britannia or am I getting that mixed up with something else.
    Yes I think you're supposed to and also have a Union Jack placed strategically near you like all the Tory elite. Sadly Keir Starter is also following suit nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    The problem with that is that people will not only distrust the Tories, they will not trust politicians.. period.

Many have lost all faith in our country's leaders across all parties for quite a while and this idiot of a man, let alone politician, has done nothing to try and reverse that.

The train of the self-serving do what you like but don't get caught has arrived, departed and gathering speed.
    I don’t trust any politicians really, I’m sure there are some good ones. A friend of mine was buddies with Ron Davies under the Bliar government, he seemed alright when I met him once but maybe others on Clapham Common saw him in a different light.