+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: IF Drakeford says...

IF Drakeford says...

From Saturday restrictions will be lifted (he has an announcement tomorrow) I assume it will be too late for us to attend the blackburn game, in terms of organising etc.

Re: IF Drakeford says...

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    From Saturday restrictions will be lifted (he has an announcement tomorrow) I assume it will be too late for us to attend the blackburn game, in terms of organising etc.
    I’d guess it would be from Monday - unless they were given prior notice, I couldn’t see City being able to get things ready for Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I’d guess it would be from Monday - unless they were given prior notice, I couldn’t see City being able to get things ready for Saturday.
    We’ve struggled to get a team ready let alone a crowd.

He only said two days ago he will look at it a week Friday (21st) but cases had to be on the way down over a number of days.

Changing them tomorrow will be admitting hes been too cautious so thats unlikely to happen.

The man is drunk on power.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He only said two days ago he will look at it a week Friday (21st) but cases had to be on the way down over a number of days.

Changing them tomorrow will be admitting hes been too cautious so thats unlikely to happen.

lol

The reaction he gets is hilarious.

drunk on power because he was slightly more cautious in easing restrictions than some nearby countries?.
    I don't think it's going to make anyone's top ten of examples of people being drunk on power any time soon.

Clubs have already said it will be behind closed doors and kick off time moved. No chance for this one.

You really believe he's the only one who makes the decision?

Too late to order the pies anyway.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Probably! Remember when Plaid complained earlier about "Rule by dictat" ?

What really irritates me is how he is using the pro-lockdown peoples new speak to try to fool folks into accepting the crap.
    we no longer have restriction we have 'protections'. The fact that he is 'protecting'people who don't particularly feel the need for or want protecting is lost. The pro lockdown sage advisers and NHS pro lockdown brigade started using it 1 day and he started using it the next.
    He is so worried about us he is even 'protecting' Chester FC.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Probably! Remember when Plaid complained earlier about "Rule by dictat" ?

What really irritates me is how he is using the pro-lockdown peoples new speak to try to fool folks into accepting the crap.
    we no longer have restriction we have 'protections'. The fact that he is 'protecting'people who don't particularly feel the need for or want protecting is lost. The pro lockdown sage advisers and NHS pro lockdown brigade started using it 1 day and he started using it the next.
    He is so worried about us he is even 'protecting' Chester FC.
    All him personally.....

International

All him personally.....
    the 'protection' word is deffo him. If the rest was all him it would only be true to form from anecdotal evidence mentioned on here in the past/ but it doesn't matter, nothings going to change if it is or if it isn't

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    He doesn't do footy or footy fans ,if he did and had a a thought process he could use Saturday as a first step crowd trail with full Covid pass restriction in place .

What will happen it will coincide with Rugby .

This is a man who shut the pantomime down in the new theatre for grandparents and children whilst pubs along that street and in the surrounding areas who saw more footfall and people .

Man is an arse

Keep voting for him folks

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    lol

drunk on power because he was slightly more cautious in easing restrictions than some nearby countries?.
    I don't think it's going to make anyone's top ten of examples of people being drunk on power any time soon.
    How more cautious can you get though? Most of the restrictions he has brought in recently have had a minimal impact of the case rate .

These restrictions are fine if you’re unaffected , however, with Wales, It particularly affected the hospitality sector. it’s one of the biggest employers and a brings in £216m p.a It was well documented the Omicron variant was mild , yet he chose to implement additional restrictions regardless.

Tomorrow's game should be played in front of a crowd.

He may announce that crowds can come back from next week but far more likely it will be a week Friday before any announcement.

The restrictions will undoubtedly be lifted in time for the 6 Nations.
    It won't be because of the 6 Nations starting, but because the data allows him to. That won't stop many football fans claiming he's anti-football and pro-rugby, forgetting that Welsh rugby teams have also been playing behind closed doors.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    How more cautious can you get though? Most of the restrictions he has brought in recently have had a minimal impact of the case rate .

These restrictions are fine if you’re unaffected , however, with Wales, It particularly affected the hospitality sector. it’s one of the biggest employers and a brings in £216m p.a It was well documented the Omicron variant was mild , yet he chose to implement additional restrictions regardless.
    Hear hear

Anyone defending him clearly hasn’t been affected by these ridiculous, illogical restrictions he has put in place.

What he has done to the hospitality sector is bordering on criminal.

As First Minister the buck stops with him.

Do you really believe Boris is the only one who makes the decision

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Do you really believe Boris is the only one who makes the decision
    Of course not someone arranged a piss up in the poor tw@ts back garden without asking

Hear hear

Anyone defending him clearly hasn’t been affected by these ridiculous, illogical restrictions he has put in place.

What he has done to the hospitality sector is bordering on criminal.
    Nobody 'needs' hospitality. The funding is there to keep them afloat whilst the restrictions are in place. People do need hospitals though. I'd rather the thought of an ambulance turning up for me than the awful prospect of having to order a drink from your seat, what an ordeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    lol

Yes, drunk on power.

All along he has played politics to be different to England. Look at me, I’m calling the shots in Wales.

For all their faults, and there are way too many, at least the Tories give a shit about the economy and keeping the wheels of industry turning.

Here in Wales it’s head in the sand worrying about covid even though the vaccine has been rolled out and no thought for the economy, mental health, people missing appointments and operations for other issues.etc

Putting in illogical restrictions which are having little impact on infection but a big impact on the economy of Wales.

Nevermind it has a survival rate of 99.7% and probably higher the more we get vaccinated, let’s just do all we can to protect a tiny fraction of the population of having a few more years on an already long life whilst we ignore the damage it’s doing to our children’s futures. Teenagers and young adults will be the ones to pay for these decisions for many years to come, probably the rest of their lives.

England are now past the peak of Omnicrom, where was the big NHS collapse that Drakeford warned about? Even with all the data and all the reports from those further into the variant than we are saying it was mild he still won’t row back and lose face, blaming this variable, or that variable. I’m surprised the guy can cross the road by the time he takes into account the chances of being run over and the variables to consider.

Ironically, for all his posturing and showing Wales are independent of Westminster he’s probably set Welsh independence back decades.

Governed by the most corrupt, dishonest, shameless government on one side and Dictator Drakeford on the other. Oh what a time to be a Welshman living in Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Of course not someone arranged a piss up in the poor tw@ts back garden without asking
    And when he was trying to work as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Nobody 'needs' hospitality. The funding is there to keep them afloat whilst the restrictions are in place. People do need hospitals though. I'd rather the thought of an ambulance turning up for me than the awful prospect of having to order a drink from your seat, what an ordeal.
    Nobody needs hospitality. Only the people who rely on the income for their livliehood. Most people working in pubs, restaurants.etc are on zero hour contracts. The funding doesn’t come close to recompensing the industry and its staff.

Maybe it's Beijing pulling his strings you mean?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59984380

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    On that basis, I would assume that you would be happy with crowds never being allowed into stadiums again then because of the chance of viruses being passed amongst the crowd. Crowded hospitals and delayed ambulances happen every year, pandemic or not. His decision has nothing to do with Covid. The numbers in hospital and intensive care with Covid in Wales is very small. If he gets away with this, then he will do it anytime.