+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: IF Drakeford says...

Re: IF Drakeford says...

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Perhaps , you’re right to be fair , time will tell like everything else regarding this divisive subject.
    Be fair. You have had a nightmare on this issue. How can anyone think that giving over 36m booster jabs in the UK, in around 3 months is ‘disappointing’ is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Be fair. You have had a nightmare on this issue. How can anyone think that giving over 36m booster jabs in the UK, in around 3 months is ‘disappointing’ is beyond me.
    You are going to get an initial surge , but I thought based on the fact that 483,361 were given in one day in week 49 (2021) then I my opinion it’s disappointing, at the end of the day it was just in reply to why perhaps they have lifted restrictions in England I didn’t realise I had to sense check.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    That's a really horrible, mean spirited post. The idea that our generation need older people to die so we can fix their mess. Really poor
    It did come across as a little harsh but this is a bit rich from the guy who was calling people "spineless pricks who deserve hatred" and "vermin" a couple of posts ago

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I wonder is those backing Drakeford for these latest round of restrictions would so supportive if they were out of work for a month with no furlough scheme to support them? or if their business would be going down the tubes as a result of the restrictions?

I would highly doubt it.
    I've never said I completely agree with all these restrictions, they're contradictory in a lot of ways and I can understand people's frustrations, especially when they're causing financial harm. But I do think saying that he's doing it because he's some kind of meglomaniac who's drunk on power is ludicrous, and I do think he's doing it because he feels it's the right thing to do to help the NHS

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    To be fair Croesy this is a subject dear to my heart and I have to say I think you're both correct. It's unhelpful to pit one against the other because the two problems have enormous environmental consequences. I think everyone needs to take personal responsibility as well as accept that for the majority of our lives we're lied to (advertising, party politics, corruption, greed etc.).
    I think most people do take personal responsibility I don’t think you can use pissed up teenagers as a festival as a point against that. Especially when everyone knows massive clean ups happen post festival.

My main problem with taking personal responsibility is it basically achieves **** all without structural change. I’m washing out my tomato tins after cooking while certain airlines are flying empty planes to keep routes open and oil companies are making more money than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You are singing to the choir Dorkus.

I’m only 45 im not pulling any ladder up as I’m not very far up the ladder myself. Ive benefited from having quite a low mortgage as I got on the ladder when I was early 20s and just before the boom in early 2000s but we are also victims of wages not increasing with inflation. I now earn around the average for the UK when I used to earn well above it for doing same job. My wife is a civil servant with the DWP and has barely had a pay rise in 10 years and is practically on minimum wage now so the streets are hardly paved with gold for me either.

I’ve had many sleepless nights over my children’s (17 and 13) future, employment and the wages to house prices being a main factor, so much so 3 years ago I had to go back on anti-depressants because my mental health seriously deteriorated after so many sleepless nights worrying about things so far in the future that I couldn’t control and so wasn’t able to live in the present.

I resent the fact you somehow think I have got it easy compared to your generation and don’t think we care about future generations. You couldn’t be further from the truth.
    May I be so bold as to ask what grade your wife is in the Civil Service?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I think most people do take personal responsibility I don’t think you can use pissed up teenagers as a festival as a point against that. Especially when everyone knows massive clean ups happen post festival.

My main problem with taking personal responsibility is it basically achieves **** all without structural change. I’m washing out my tomato tins after cooking while certain airlines are flying empty planes to keep routes open and oil companies are making more money than ever.
    It's not a clean-up though. It's shifting the problem elsewhere. It's consumption that's the trigger (in the eco sense). Anyway, I don't want to veer off topic too much and it's a thread on its own just to scratch the surface so I'll leave it there.

You are going to get an initial surge , but I thought based on the fact that 483,361 were given in one day in week 49 (2021) then I my opinion it’s disappointing, at the end of the day it was just in reply to why perhaps they have lifted restrictions in England I didn’t realise I had to sense check.
    How can you use 5 week old data to back up your point and accuse other people of using fabricated data provided by the Government when it is the same data but up to date. Since ‘week 49’’ , 11m boosters have been given in England alone or 2.2m a week. Definitely not ‘disappointing’ and one of the major success stories of the pandemic. England have also not cancelled the booster programme, as you claimed. It is still in full swing. The only thing they have done is decide to not introduce Covid passports. Why deliberately post inaccurate information on this ? You also accused doctors of fraudulently claiming money for fictitious jabs !!

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    May I be so bold as to ask what grade your wife is in the Civil Service?
    Not sure of the term but she’s just a mere worker in the DWP. Not supervisor or manager. She’s on about 19k a year full time. Little more than minimum wage.

International

It's been estimated that the restrictions, oops soory "protection" put in place by the Welsh government of late cost hospitality businesses an Average of £16,000.00 each, not to mention the loss of income for employees.
    Interesting to see that in response to the damage caused to hospitality businesses since 26 Dec Mr Drakeford said that the harm had not been caused by the Welsh government's actions but by the dreadful curse of Covid. His government's actions were clearly in no way responsible then. I'm glad he cleared that up? I feel better about it now!

Can we assume that it is also directly responsible for the derelict state of the NHS in Wales?

I just posted the wrong week, but the week posted was accurate , if it’s slightly out ,in respect of weeks 49 to week 2 so what ? It’s information that’s in the public domain that I can be corrected on, which I don’t mind. I was actually on about so thing else, so I don’t really care how many boosters have been administered.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    It did come across as a little harsh but this is a bit rich from the guy who was calling people "spineless pricks who deserve hatred" and "vermin" a couple of posts ago
    I noticed that too. Unhinged.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

And I thought that I'm the only idiot that does this!

I just posted the wrong week, but the week posted was accurate , if it’s slightly out ,in respect of weeks 49 to week 2 so what ? It’s information that’s in the public domain that I can be corrected on, which I don’t mind. I was actually on about so thing else, so I don’t really care how many boosters have been administered.
    Slightly out ? !! It is 11 MILLION booster jabs out for goodness sake. Plus your original post clearly states that the booster roll out is disappointing and that England has cancelled its booster programme which is totally factually incorrect. You also insinuated that my figure was fictitious because the Government were deliberately fiddling the figures, even though my figure was from the same data you were using, only my figure was up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I noticed that too. Unhinged.
    How would you feel if you were banned from seeing your disabled family member for 4 weeks based on spurious reasons ? Must be a much better man than me

Fair enough , thought it was 19 m apologies

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    And I thought that I'm the only idiot that does this!
    Lots of us idiots about!

(Can't put a tin in the recycling bin until it is clean and shiny!)

International

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Lots of us idiots about!

(Can't put a tin in the recycling bin until it is clean and shiny!)
    My mother used to wash the empty milk bottles before she put them out out, which were then collected and taken to a milk bottling plant which my father went to work to manage every day, where the bottles were then washed in a huge machine with incredibly high temperatures and water jets to make them sterile for the next load of milk.
    Madness, but my mother wouldn't let it be seen that there were dirty milk bottles on our front step.

Seems some things from your parents never rub off!!

Surprised by this survey going by what I read about Drakeford on here, but maybe it’s just a loud minority at work? I think he and the Welsh Government cocked up with their short “firebreak” lockdown in November 2020 and their decision to close sports grounds has, not surprisingly, been seen to be unjustified, but, overall, I’d put myself in the 60 per cent in the poll.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/p...wales-22791642

International

how polls work as explained by Sir Humpfrey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahgjEjJkZks

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    how polls work as explained by Sir Humpfrey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahgjEjJkZks
    Or you and the others on here always having a go at Drakeford represent less than a fifth of the Welsh population?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Surprised by this survey going by what I read about Drakeford on here, but maybe it’s just a loud minority at work? I think he and the Welsh Government cocked up with their short “firebreak” lockdown in November 2020 and their decision to close sports grounds has, not surprisingly, been seen to be unjustified, but, overall, I’d put myself in the 60 per cent in the poll.

I would be in the 31%.

Im not suprised at all.

The UK Government is so discredited and the PM a laughing stock no wonder Wales comes out on top.

I dont think its an endorsement of them its just the UK govt and Tory party led by a laughing stock is so unpopular.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

They must have done that survey outside the Labour Party headquarters.

I don’t know anyone who agreed with his latest covid policies

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I dont think its an endorsement of them its just the UK govt and Tory party led by a laughing stock is so unpopular.
    Exactly. This survey (of just 1,000 people, apparently) means next to nothing in real terms. It is just as you say - another small vote of no confidence in Boris Johnson and his cast of idiots rather than an endorsement of Drakeford and Co.