+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: IF Drakeford says...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: IF Drakeford says...

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    So are you just choosing to completely ignore how wages have been stagnant since basically as long as I've been alive and how house prices have increased drastically? I mean justify this - https://www.newstatesman.com/politic...-average-wages

Older people could work much less and get more for their money, now you're hellbent on pulling up the ladder behind you.

Explain to me how Drakeford doesn't care about the economy or is this something you're just parroting online that you can't actually back up? Tell me how the tories are good economically despite having the highest debt per GDP ratio since world war 2 (and this was before covid). Tell me anything that's getting better in the UK.
    You are singing to the choir Dorkus.

I’m only 45 im not pulling any ladder up as I’m not very far up the ladder myself. Ive benefited from having quite a low mortgage as I got on the ladder when I was early 20s and just before the boom in early 2000s but we are also victims of wages not increasing with inflation. I now earn around the average for the UK when I used to earn well above it for doing same job. My wife is a civil servant with the DWP and has barely had a pay rise in 10 years and is practically on minimum wage now so the streets are hardly paved with gold for me either.

I’ve had many sleepless nights over my children’s (17 and 13) future, employment and the wages to house prices being a main factor, so much so 3 years ago I had to go back on anti-depressants because my mental health seriously deteriorated after so many sleepless nights worrying about things so far in the future that I couldn’t control and so wasn’t able to live in the present.

I resent the fact you somehow think I have got it easy compared to your generation and don’t think we care about future generations. You couldn’t be further from the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You are singing to the choir Dorkus.

I’m only 45 im not pulling any ladder up as I’m not very far up the ladder myself. Ive benefited from having quite a low mortgage as I got on the ladder when I was early 20s and just before the boom in early 2000s but we are also victims of wages not increasing with inflation. I now earn around the average for the UK when I used to earn well above it for doing same job. My wife is a civil servant with the DWP and has barely had a pay rise in 10 years and is practically on minimum wage now so the streets are hardly paved with gold for me either.

I’ve had many sleepless nights over my children’s (17 and 13) future, employment and the wages to house prices being a main factor, so much so 3 years ago I had to go back on anti-depressants because my mental health seriously deteriorated after so many sleepless nights worrying about things so far in the future that I couldn’t control and so wasn’t able to live in the present.

I resent the fact you somehow think I have got it easy compared to your generation and don’t think we care about future generations. You couldn’t be further from the truth.
    May I be so bold as to ask what grade your wife is in the Civil Service?

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    May I be so bold as to ask what grade your wife is in the Civil Service?
    Not sure of the term but she’s just a mere worker in the DWP. Not supervisor or manager. She’s on about 19k a year full time. Little more than minimum wage.