Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
I am not here to argue that lockdown is good and freedom is bad. You clearly haven't read enough of my posts on this issue or you'd know that is not the case.

I know lots of people who are still wary to go out and enjoy life. The more restrictions are lifted, the more wary they will become.

I've read on here that working from home is bad for everyone. I can prove otherwise. I've read on here that everyone wants restrictions lifted. I can prove otherwise.

The biggest danger from Covid at present is mass absence from work and public and essential services not being fulfilled. Responsible governments, couldn't care less what party is in charge, needs to manage this. We're not at a stage where Covid is just a cold and those who have it would be expected to come into work.
No Eric you cannot 'prove' otherwise unless you can canvas the whole country and 'prove' that working from home is good for everyone. For each of your comments there are those for and against. I acknowledged that when I pointed out that the HNS and unions have been trying to lock things throughout this emergency. They are clearly against, eahc for their own reasons.
You may know people who are afraid to go out and people who prefer to work from home. I do not know any person bar 1 who is afraid to go out, but I know several who like the idea of not having to go out and getting everything done for them.
I know some people are in need of isolation but isn't it true that people we hear about on the news and in the reports who are terrified because they have no immune systems also didn't have the immune systems before the pandemic and they managed their lives satisfactorily. These stories are researched by people who want to broadcast the worst possible scenarios becuase it sells paper or gets clicks.
Human beings are social animals, we prosper from contact with others we grow from it. We need interaction it is in our make-up. Working from home and/or self isolating removes that from a person's life.
Fine if they want to do that but the whole nation doesn't need to be forced to do it with them. It is utter bollox!