+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 143

Thread: IF Drakeford says...

  1. #101

    Re: IF Drakeford says...

    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    You canít equate a bunch of drunk hungover kids leaving a mess to being against climate change etc ffs



    The original poster was trying to say that the older generation don't give a toss about the world around us. The Reading festival analogy is a small visual illustration. The amount of plastic waste, and 'disposable culture' that it represents is hardly in line with eco principles. My point was simple , that in all generations there are people who do give a toss, and those who don't.

  2. #102

    Re: IF Drakeford says...

    Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Yep, agree 100%. The whole Labour Party needs a overhaul not just Welsh Labour. The fact Labour have made very little ground against this shit show of a corrupt Tory government, the far worst government in our lifetime, is so depressing.

    Iíve always voted Labour except for last election voted Plaid Cymru. I also voted Plaid in the Senedd elections as I cannot stand the Labour AM in Merthyr - Dawn Bowden - a self serving, career politician from Bristol.

    Bizarrely, because Iíve been critical of Drakeford in this thread Iím being made out to be a well off Tory nationalist boomer who has pulled the ladder up for future generations.
    That's identical to me, and I was a member of the Labour Party at the time!

  3. #103

    Re: IF Drakeford says...

    reports coming out of westminster this morning COVID passes will be scrapped along with Work From Home to be stopped at the end of the month too but will still require to wear a face mask on trains and in shops whilst Mr Drakeford is now adding a booster to get a COVID pass here in Wales

    Follow the science

  4. #104

    Re: IF Drakeford says...

    Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    It's so so typical someone like you would say 'PoOr LiFe ChOicEs' while completely ignoring huge systemiatic issue that the elderly repeatedly vote for, Brexit is just one example. Justify why it should be so much harder for young people to get on the property ladder than it was 40 years ago - https://www.newstatesman.com/politic...-average-wages

    Tell me how things are getting better in the UK, give me anything. The economy is ****ed, the climate is ****ed and we are just waiting for the boomers to die off to try and fix the mess you've created.

    We're the most educated generation in history yet we have to work far far harder to get the same as the boomers. If you don't have wealthy parents nowadays you're pretty much ****ed.

    Before you say 'YoUrE jUsT JeAloUs' I made about £40k on the stock market last year and I'll have paid off my house in about 10 years, I'm not speaking for me I'm speaking for those my age who have done everything right, who have worked hard, who have got a skill but are still getting screwed by the system.
    What a bitter and twisted attitude you have towards your fellow human beings in the UK and particularly your elders, who have just as much right to a life and opinion as you do. I am surprised that you are able to get yourself up in the morning. It is the politics of envy, no matter how much you try to deny it. And by the way, if it wasn't for the ‘couldn't give a shit’ attitude of many people under 40, we wouldn't still be sitting in the middle of a pandemic and many thousand less deaths would have occurred, mainly in the older population, who you obviously despise so much.

  5. #105

    Re: IF Drakeford says...

    Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    What a bitter and twisted attitude you have towards your fellow human beings in the UK and particularly your elders, who have just as much right to a life and opinion as you do. I am surprised that you are able to get yourself up in the morning. It is the politics of envy, no matter how much you try to deny it. And by the way, if it wasn't for the Ďcouldn't give a shití attitude of many people under 40, we wouldn't still be sitting in the middle of a pandemic and many thousand less deaths would have occurred, mainly in the older population, who you obviously despise so much.
    Where have I said they don't have a right to an opinion? I'm criticising their/your opinion that you've constantly voted to make lives worse for the generations that come after you.

    And those under 40 who broke lockdown rules are pricks of the highest order, but let's not forget that anti vaxxers skew heavily with age mind.

    Notice that none of you are answering any of my questions.

  6. #106

    Re: IF Drakeford says...

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    And there aren't climate change deniers , anti vaxers etc in our generation?
    Did I say that?

  7. #107

    Re: IF Drakeford says...

    Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Where have I said they don't have a right to an opinion? I'm criticising their/your opinion that you've constantly voted to make lives worse for the generations that come after you.

    And those under 40 who broke lockdown rules are pricks of the highest order, but let's not forget that anti vaxxers skew heavily with age mind.

    Notice that none of you are answering any of my questions.
    Probably because it is all utter bollocks. I haven't voted for anything that I think makes things worse for future generations by the way. That's just your warped opinion. You really should consider going to live in Russia you know, it would suit you down to the ground but something tells me that you wouldn't stick it for long.

  8. #108

    Re: IF Drakeford says...

    Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    reports coming out of westminster this morning COVID passes will be scrapped along with Work From Home to be stopped at the end of the month too but will still require to wear a face mask on trains and in shops whilst Mr Drakeford is now adding a booster to get a COVID pass here in Wales

    Follow the science

    Only 19,718,497 (31%) have had the booster in England, perhaps thatís why they are scrapping it.

  9. #109

    Re: IF Drakeford says...

    Just watched Drakefords news conference. The man just can not bring himself to be optimistic in any way. He is still preaching the ‘we are probably still all going to die but in the meantime we will let you go out a bit more’ mantra that has dominated his thinking since the start.

  10. #110

    Re: IF Drakeford says...

    Looks like the number 10 Nudge Unit and behavioural scientists have really got to a few posters on here

  11. #111

    Re: IF Drakeford says...

    Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Only 19,718,497 (31%) have had the booster in England, perhaps that’s why they are scrapping it.
    the booster hasn't yet been offered to the whole population. plus your figures are wrong - over 30m booster doses have been given in England which is over 60% of the eligable population.

  12. #112

    Re: IF Drakeford says...

    The government always release the correct figures and tell the truth donít they Ö..just remember a G.P gets £12.50 a shot even if the person doesnít present themselves

  13. #113

    Re: IF Drakeford says...

    Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    The government always release the correct figures and tell the truth don’t they …..just remember a G.P gets £12.50 a shot even if the person doesn’t present themselves
    What a load of rubbish. You have no idea what you are talking about. where did you get the 19m figure from - thin air ? plus they havent cancelled the booster programme, so you made the whole thing up.

  14. #114

    Re: IF Drakeford says...

    Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    So are you just choosing to completely ignore how wages have been stagnant since basically as long as I've been alive and how house prices have increased drastically? I mean justify this - https://www.newstatesman.com/politic...-average-wages

    Older people could work much less and get more for their money, now you're hellbent on pulling up the ladder behind you.

    Explain to me how Drakeford doesn't care about the economy or is this something you're just parroting online that you can't actually back up? Tell me how the tories are good economically despite having the highest debt per GDP ratio since world war 2 (and this was before covid). Tell me anything that's getting better in the UK.
    You are singing to the choir Dorkus.

    Iím only 45 im not pulling any ladder up as Iím not very far up the ladder myself. Ive benefited from having quite a low mortgage as I got on the ladder when I was early 20s and just before the boom in early 2000s but we are also victims of wages not increasing with inflation. I now earn around the average for the UK when I used to earn well above it for doing same job. My wife is a civil servant with the DWP and has barely had a pay rise in 10 years and is practically on minimum wage now so the streets are hardly paved with gold for me either.

    Iíve had many sleepless nights over my childrenís (17 and 13) future, employment and the wages to house prices being a main factor, so much so 3 years ago I had to go back on anti-depressants because my mental health seriously deteriorated after so many sleepless nights worrying about things so far in the future that I couldnít control and so wasnít able to live in the present.

    I resent the fact you somehow think I have got it easy compared to your generation and donít think we care about future generations. You couldnít be further from the truth.

  15. #115

    Re: IF Drakeford says...

    It’s up to week 49 , so assume is increasing but again is disappointing

  16. #116

    Re: IF Drakeford says...

    Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    the booster hasn't yet been offered to the whole population. plus your figures are wrong - over 30m booster doses have been given in England which is over 60% of the eligable population.
    In England the boosters have been open to everyone since the middle of December at least.

    Thereís a lack of appetite but also everyone having covid means a lot of people have had to delay

    Theyíre going to become mandatory for travel at some point in certain countries so I expect take up will increase.

  17. #117

    Re: IF Drakeford says...

    Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Only 19,718,497 (31%) have had the booster in England, perhaps thatís why they are scrapping it.
    30,217,780 Boosters as of yesterday in England alone.

  18. #118

    Re: IF Drakeford says...

    Clearly Iím not making it up thenÖ. Itís a lower than anticipated take up which is why I suggested thatís the reason they are scrapping Vaccine Passports in England

  19. #119

    Re: IF Drakeford says...

    Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Clearly Iím not making it up thenÖ. Itís a lower than anticipated take up which is why I suggested thatís the reason they are scrapping Vaccine Passports in England
    Thereís never been vaccine passports used in England outside of scanning the track and trace app. Iíd actually say with the amount of people whoíve had to delay because theyíve had covid the booster take up is about where youíd expect it.

  20. #120

    Re: IF Drakeford says...

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    The original poster was trying to say that the older generation don't give a toss about the world around us. The Reading festival analogy is a small visual illustration. The amount of plastic waste, and 'disposable culture' that it represents is hardly in line with eco principles. My point was simple , that in all generations there are people who do give a toss, and those who don't.
    The plastic waste and ďdisposable cultureĒ is because itís ingrained in our manufacturing etc.

    Iím not saying there arenít young people who care more than old people but itís a bad analogy imo.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •