Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Possibly, but there still hasn't been any vote in Welsh history I'm aware of that has shown a majority in favour of independence (or where Plaid have got the most votes). Given what was being said in the year prior to the vote, Plaid Cymru's performance in the election last May has to be viewed as disappointing.

For myself, I've never been closer to backing an independent Wales in my life, but still have this feeling that a vote for Plaid is a wasted one and a possible way of letting the Tories take control of the Senedd - maybe there are thousands in Wales who feel like this?
As someone with 95% 'Welsh blood', I regret I find the welsh more parochial and self -obsessed than any of the other home nations. The local news is cringe-worthy, with all those 'experts' in their political field spouting the Senydd mantra for then. The National Newspaper of Wales is a joke, and the local rag is even worse - no serious critique, no counter-debate, dreadful schoolboy editorials. And now Labour & Plaid are in coalition [don't let them kid you otherwise], you have effectively the end of any democracy in Wales. Read the news - from across the border - you won't get it here - train/bus companies wanting to invest in factories in Wales being virtually told to get lost. Motorway schemes turned down to be replaced by 2 extra train stations in Newport. New homes in Wales increasing by up to 10% compared with England. Extra taxes, and when UK GOV. cuts income tax by 2% in April, you bet Wales will do it by 1%. The Wife nearly froze to death on a train from Carmathen back to Cardiff yesterday as the train didn't have any heating, or hot drinks. I call it a train, actually they're 40yr old converted diesil trams.
Working in the public sector I'm sure has been worthwhile and rewarding, but I'll be frank - work in the private sector and you'll possibly have a different outlook.
This isn't Party politics - I don't vote for this party or that one, I just have my views on a few things that may affect me, but we've been given 'independence' in all but name, and talentless, liberal, uninspiring Welshies are going to be in charge for a long long time