+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: IF Drakeford says...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: IF Drakeford says...

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I think most people do take personal responsibility I don’t think you can use pissed up teenagers as a festival as a point against that. Especially when everyone knows massive clean ups happen post festival.

My main problem with taking personal responsibility is it basically achieves **** all without structural change. I’m washing out my tomato tins after cooking while certain airlines are flying empty planes to keep routes open and oil companies are making more money than ever.
    It's not a clean-up though. It's shifting the problem elsewhere. It's consumption that's the trigger (in the eco sense). Anyway, I don't want to veer off topic too much and it's a thread on its own just to scratch the surface so I'll leave it there.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I think most people do take personal responsibility I don’t think you can use pissed up teenagers as a festival as a point against that. Especially when everyone knows massive clean ups happen post festival.

My main problem with taking personal responsibility is it basically achieves **** all without structural change. I’m washing out my tomato tins after cooking while certain airlines are flying empty planes to keep routes open and oil companies are making more money than ever.
    And I thought that I'm the only idiot that does this!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    And I thought that I'm the only idiot that does this!
    Lots of us idiots about!

(Can't put a tin in the recycling bin until it is clean and shiny!)

International

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Lots of us idiots about!

(Can't put a tin in the recycling bin until it is clean and shiny!)
    My mother used to wash the empty milk bottles before she put them out out, which were then collected and taken to a milk bottling plant which my father went to work to manage every day, where the bottles were then washed in a huge machine with incredibly high temperatures and water jets to make them sterile for the next load of milk.
    Madness, but my mother wouldn't let it be seen that there were dirty milk bottles on our front step.

Seems some things from your parents never rub off!!

International

It's been estimated that the restrictions, oops soory "protection" put in place by the Welsh government of late cost hospitality businesses an Average of £16,000.00 each, not to mention the loss of income for employees.
    Interesting to see that in response to the damage caused to hospitality businesses since 26 Dec Mr Drakeford said that the harm had not been caused by the Welsh government's actions but by the dreadful curse of Covid. His government's actions were clearly in no way responsible then. I'm glad he cleared that up? I feel better about it now!

Can we assume that it is also directly responsible for the derelict state of the NHS in Wales?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I noticed that too. Unhinged.
    How would you feel if you were banned from seeing your disabled family member for 4 weeks based on spurious reasons ? Must be a much better man than me

Surprised by this survey going by what I read about Drakeford on here, but maybe it’s just a loud minority at work? I think he and the Welsh Government cocked up with their short “firebreak” lockdown in November 2020 and their decision to close sports grounds has, not surprisingly, been seen to be unjustified, but, overall, I’d put myself in the 60 per cent in the poll.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/p...wales-22791642

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Surprised by this survey going by what I read about Drakeford on here, but maybe it’s just a loud minority at work? I think he and the Welsh Government cocked up with their short “firebreak” lockdown in November 2020 and their decision to close sports grounds has, not surprisingly, been seen to be unjustified, but, overall, I’d put myself in the 60 per cent in the poll.

I would be in the 31%.

They must have done that survey outside the Labour Party headquarters.

I don’t know anyone who agreed with his latest covid policies

International

how polls work as explained by Sir Humpfrey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahgjEjJkZks

Or you and the others on here always having a go at Drakeford represent less than a fifth of the Welsh population?

Im not suprised at all.

The UK Government is so discredited and the PM a laughing stock no wonder Wales comes out on top.

I dont think its an endorsement of them its just the UK govt and Tory party led by a laughing stock is so unpopular.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I dont think its an endorsement of them its just the UK govt and Tory party led by a laughing stock is so unpopular.
    Exactly. This survey (of just 1,000 people, apparently) means next to nothing in real terms. It is just as you say - another small vote of no confidence in Boris Johnson and his cast of idiots rather than an endorsement of Drakeford and Co.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Exactly. This survey (of just 1,000 people, apparently) means next to nothing in real terms. It is just as you say - another small vote of no confidence in Boris Johnson and his cast of idiots rather than an endorsement of Drakeford and Co.
    A sample size of 1,000 is sufficient for polling. They aren't there to say "exactly this amount of people think this", they're just an indicator "60% of our sample think this, its probably about that nationwide"

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    A sample size of 1,000 is sufficient for polling. They aren't there to say "exactly this amount of people think this", they're just an indicator "60% of our sample think this, its probably about that nationwide"
    Thanks, although I was already fully aware of how polls work.

1,000 people (from who knows where) were apparently polled. That led Walesonline to produce a headline which read: "Almost Two Thirds Of People In Wales Say They Prefer Mark Drakeford's Approach to Covid to England's."

Which is, of course, utter horse shit.

1,000 people (from who knows where) were apparently polled. That led Walesonline to produce a headline which read: "Almost Two Thirds Of People In Wales Say They Prefer Mark Drakeford's Approach to Covid to England's."

Indeed. It could be more or less than that. What we might think due to our own bubble of friends isn't necessarily what everyone thinks.

Of course it is , and if it isn’t , why wouldn’t anybody want a return to normality ?

So why say "just" 1,000 people apparently in your comment? It's a perfectly acceptable amount.

WalesOnline using a clickbait headline? I'm shocked.

I don't know anyone that prefers Drakeford's approach

International

Or you and the others on here always having a go at Drakeford represent less than a fifth of the Welsh population?
    Your opinion of me doesn't alter the fact that that is how polls work though does it? Not that your opinion is worth anything in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    They must have done that survey outside the Labour Party headquarters.

I don’t know anyone who agreed with his latest covid policies
    I do.

Indeed.

There is also the angle of those who disagree with the results of polls who try then to discredit them. Ultimately we never really know and everyone still believes their opinion to be correct.

I believe the polls. I think Wales is an inherently small c conservative place and is happy being told what to do more so than other parts of the UK.

We are also older, less healthy so perhaps inevitably more cautious on any health issues, not to say less concerned about nightclubs.

As for Wales, I want a timescale to get out of this asap now and emailed my AM about it this afternoon.

Let us be free now FFS Drakey!

Tories also seem to always do better than polls suggest.

A lot just dont like admitting they are Tories.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I believe the polls. I think Wales is an inherently small c conservative place and is happy being told what to do more so than other parts of the UK.

We are also older, less healthy so perhaps inevitably more cautious on any health issues, not to say less concerned about nightclubs.

As for Wales, I want a timescale to get out of this asap now and emailed my AM about it this afternoon.

Let us be free now FFS Drakey!
    So, for the avoidance of doubt, you are happy for a total end to any restrictions, regardless of who is affected?