+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: IF Drakeford says...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: IF Drakeford says...

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    What? We’ve only just got ourselves here vaccinated ffs…hopefully the economy will kick on now and we won’t see too many more issues despite the cost of living rising massively. Whilst doing this for the last year we also have to vaccinate the world do we? That’s never going to happen is it? There is still 4 million who haven’t here alone so no point banging that drum any longer. The vaccination programme is practically the only thing the Tories have nailed….
    Thats the point im making we cant vaccinate the world. Or it will take many years.

Countries able to mass produce vaccines should be able to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Delmbox is right. I'm pretty critical of Drakeford at this stage of the pandemic, and it's utterly preposterous he is happy for strangers to meet in pubs but not for work colleagues to meet face to face...but, clearly the direction of travel is to open up, and its right to do so, so it's not directly linked to the six nations.

I'm sure the WRU rightly piled the pressure on and he knows what a PR disaster it would have been, but clearly this isnt just because of the six nations or even primarily related to it.
    I was surprised the clubs didn't bother with any PR to get it reversed before Christmas. All it would have taken is city and swansea to say they are seeking negotiations with Bristol or forest Green about moving home games there and the WG would have folded I think.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    'Just in time' is now when you have three home rugby matches to play with 80,000 at each, tickets to sell, hospitality to arrange, hotel bookings to be made, staff to be hired, beer to be brewed and distributed, police to be organised etc.

There is no doubt in my mind that the decision by Mark Drakeford was a political one. Personally Im delighted that he's done it to help our local hospitality industry, allow fans back into the CC stadium, plus those who want to watch the rugby.

There is also no doubt in my mind that if he had not been pressurised by forthcoming international matches he would have kept us waiting for Level 0
    Of course its a political decision. All this following the science is just a get out for them as they can't explain it any further than that when asked. Eg how can he explain 51 people standing outside while socially distanced is not OK and not too dangerous but 140 sat inside drinking together is absolutely fine. He knows he can't. It's a nonsense.

And now 250k in Cardiff city centre for the rugby is all OK? What nonsense. Its every bit as political as what's happening at downing Street.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    I was surprised the clubs didn't bother with any PR to get it reversed before Christmas. All it would have taken is city and swansea to say they are seeking negotiations with Bristol or forest Green about moving home games there and the WG would have folded I think.
    The club wouldn't want to upset the WG. On my experience civic society in Wales is very small. Business and cultural groups are small and do not want to bite the hand of the govt that in most cases they are pretty chummy with. Same goes for the media in Wales and charity sector.

It's all a bit cosy.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    What? We’ve only just got ourselves here vaccinated ffs…hopefully the economy will kick on now and we won’t see too many more issues despite the cost of living rising massively. Whilst doing this for the last year we also have to vaccinate the world do we? That’s never going to happen is it? There is still 4 million who haven’t here alone so no point banging that drum any longer. The vaccination programme is practically the only thing the Tories have nailed….
    I think they nailed the removal of restrictions due to Omicron not being as deadly as some thought . Some countries were even cancelling events after Xmas Day, England didn't and they were right .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Some countries were even cancelling events after Xmas Day, England didn't and they were right .
    Haven't there been quite high daily numbers of covid deaths in England recently?

Quote Originally Posted by nomad blue View Post
    Haven't there been quite high daily numbers of covid deaths in England recently?
    Yes, around eight hundred in the UK (the large majority of them English) died in two days last week - LOM has form for ignoring such things going back months.