+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tommy Doyle - Man City midfielder linked for loan

Tommy Doyle - Man City midfielder linked for loan

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...mmy-Doyle.html

The 20-year old last week asked for his loan at German side Hamburg to be cut short so that he could move elsewhere and earn more game time.

A host of Championship sides have shown interest but Cardiff are pressing to fend off competition and win the race for the former City U23s captain.

Re: Tommy Doyle - Man City midfielder linked for loan

very highly rated at city, although has had some bad luck with injuries I think

Man City do seem to like short midfielders.

both of his grandfathers have won the league, FA cup and League cup.
    thats some pedigree

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    very highly rated at city, although has had some bad luck with injuries I think
    He hasn’t come to the City yet

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    He hasn’t come to the City yet
    Citeh vs City

This is a strange one. Apparently, he’s only made six substitute appearances for Hamburg in Bundesliga 2. This is the club where Robert Glatzel has made 18 starts and scored 9 goals this season.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    This is a strange one. Apparently, he’s only made six substitute appearances for Hamburg in Bundesliga 2. This is the club where Robert Glatzel has made 18 starts and scored 9 goals this season.
    Glatzel can give him a heads up about Cardiff then.

Do we need another midfielder?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    We need an attacking midfielder seeing as we have none.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    We've got a few defective ones

On his way according to Sky.

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    On his way according to Sky.
    On his way where?

he's supposed to be a good prospect, but it would be a slightly strange signing, given we have already at the club:
    ralls, pack, vaulks, bacuna, Wintle, Bowen, and Sang who can all play there.
    plus Patten, King and D'Almeida from the u23s

he may well go on to have a Stellar career and eclipse all of those , but it would be a strange loan to me

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    he's supposed to be a good prospect, but it would be a slightly strange signing, given we have already at the club:
    ralls, pack, vaulks, bacuna, Wintle, Bowen, and Sang who can all play there.
    plus Patten, King and D'Almeida from the u23s

he may well go on to have a Stellar career and eclipse all of those , but it would be a strange loan to me
    Especially as he struggled for game time at Hamburg - pretty sure they’re better than us, but not by a great deal.

Its not strange at all. Our midfield is garbage.

Only yesterday Wales Online were reporting sources at the club saying we had no interest....

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rison-22734166

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Especially as he struggled for game time at Hamburg - pretty sure they’re better than us, but not by a great deal.
    if it was an 8 month deal it would make more sense with potentially 3 of them leaving in the summer

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Its not strange at all. Our midfield is garbage.
    It is garbage, appalling on times. We need a player who has the ability to look up and play a pass, someone composed and a player with the ability to carry the ball those ten or fifteen yards that hurt the opposition and draw defenders out. I've heard good things about Bowen in terms of his ability to play a through ball and apparently he is composed (i've not seen him play yet) that's a positive. Maybe Doyle has the ability to carry the ball? We don't have anyone who can do that, and asking Ralls, Bacuna or Vaulks to do it is an act of negligence in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It is garbage, appalling on times. We need a player who has the ability to look up and play a pass, someone composed and a player with the ability to carry the ball those ten or fifteen yards that hurt the opposition and draw defenders out. I've heard good things about Bowen in terms of his ability to play a through ball and apparently he is composed (i've not seen him play yet) that's a positive. Maybe Doyle has the ability to carry the ball? We don't have anyone who can do that, and asking Ralls, Bacuna or Vaulks to do it is an act of negligence in my opinion.
    I think if watters is going to have any role or impact for us we desperately we need someone who can do as you say - actually look up and pick a pass

When Zimba was substituted at Preston I felt for him as he had made some intelligent runs but noone had the nous to pick a pass

I think a midfiled of any of Ralls wintle sang Bowen when fit gives us the options we need and if add Doyle to that then great because as far as I am concerned vaulks pack and bacuna can rot in the under 23s until they go or if someone is stupid enough to offer 50p for them then let them go - they have had their chance and added or offered practically zero to our efforts

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    I think if watters is going to have any role or impact for us we desperately we need someone who can do as you say - actually look up and pick a pass

When Zimba was substituted at Preston I felt for him as he had made some intelligent runs but noone had the nous to pick a pass

I think a midfiled of any of Ralls wintle sang Bowen when fit gives us the options we need and if add Doyle to that then great because as far as I am concerned vaulks pack and bacuna can rot in the under 23s until they go or if someone is stupid enough to offer 50p for them then let them go - they have had their chance and added or offered practically zero to our efforts
    Bacuna and Vaulks just aren't good enough, in fact, i'd say that they were poor footballers. Ralls, although never in the mould of a composed and weighted player did have something apart from what he offers now. I'm not saying that he would have ever been that player who could do those things that we need so badly, but i'm quite sure that the likes of Slade, Warnock and to a lesser degree Harris, took away any ounce of creativity he may have possessed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Bacuna and Vaulks just aren't good enough, in fact, i'd say that they were poor footballers. Ralls, although never in the mould of a composed and weighted player did have something apart from what he offers now. I'm not saying that he would have ever been that player who could do those things that we need so badly, but i'm quite sure that the likes of Slade, Warnock and to a lesser degree Harris, took away any ounce of creativity he may have possessed.
    Agree with that but I still think we are a poorer side without Ralls - he definitely brings something to the side that the others don't - whether he gets overtaken by new recruits or younger players coming through then so be it but for me he needs to be in the midfield as it stands 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Rock on Tommy.

Wonder if he’ll bring his Ma? Ideal in the canteen, “g’wan, g’wan, g’wan, will ye not have a cuppa tea now, sure”