+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Things looking a bit better for Derby

Things looking a bit better for Derby

The Middlesbrough legal issue looks to be resolved which takes a major hurdle out of the way of finding a buyer for the club.

As a direct result of private conversations between Mel Morris and Steve Gibson both parties are pleased to announce that they have reached an accord on a resolution of the claims by Middlesbrough Football Club against Derby County Football Club, and others.

The basis of that accord will remain private but details have been shared with Quantuma the Administrators for Derby County who will urgently prepare the legal documentation to ratify the accord.

Gibson and Morris were keen to develop an accord ahead of the Middlesbrough Vs Derby County fixture to be played at the Riverside Stadium tomorrow. The claim has clearly been the source of much concern to both sets of fans, and especially those of Derby County. The fact that a resolution has been discussed and agreed should be comforting to both sets of supporters.

Details of the accord shall remain private. However, it is important for all interested parties, including potential bidders, to be confident that the Middlesbrough claim will not be an impediment to Derby County progressing its plans for a sale of the club.

Carl Jackson, partner on behalf of Quantuma, the joint Administrators of Derby County, said: “We are pleased to see that an acceptable resolution has been identified which allows us to push forward with our plans for the sale of the club.”

No further comment by any of the parties shall be made.

Re: Things looking a bit better for Derby

Bizarre by Gibson, amazed they could get anything…..

So that just leaves the Wycombe claim and £83m of other debts - including £29m to HMRC.

Let's hope they need a point to stay up from thier last game of the season

What a difference in the treatment of Bury and Derby.

I hope for the sake of most of their fans that they survive.

I also hope they get relegated.

Rooney and their playing squad have been amazing so far this season but it will feel as if they have cheated their creditors and the fans of other clubs who paid the price for Derby rule-breaking if they stay up. Other clubs with a lower profile got harsher treatment from the EFL. It will be a scandal if HMRC write off part of their debt - as some Derby sources have suggested is being discussed.

No chance of this, but purely selfishly (ease of away trip) if it is now likely to be 3 from 4 for the drop I hope Barnsley survive.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I hope for the sake of most of their fans that they survive.

I also hope they get relegated.

Rooney and their playing squad have been amazing so far this season but it will feel as if they have cheated their creditors and the fans of other clubs who paid the price for Derby rule-breaking if they stay up. Other clubs with a lower profile got harsher treatment from the EFL. It will be a scandal if HMRC write off part of their debt - as some Derby sources have suggested is being discussed.

No chance of this, but purely selfishly (ease of away trip) if it is now likely to be 3 from 4 for the drop I hope Barnsley survive.
    Agree with all of that, apart from not being bothered who from the current bottom four goes down with Derby.

On the Middlesbrough side of things, I can't see how they ever expected to get anything from this proposed case. Yes, Derby cheated, but Middlesbrough weren't playing Derby in every game that season - they had another 44 games against other sides, and if they'd won a few more, maybe they'd have made the playoffs (or whatever it is they're complaining about). Likewise Wycombe - if they'd won a few more games, they wouldn't have to worry about Derby.

As for Derby, I can't help but feel that the League itself believes they're not punished enough until they've been relegated, and I wouldn't be surprised to see another points deduction.

And lastly - Mr Rooney. What with a massive points deduction, and losing all his players not just once, but twice - if he keeps them up, he's got to be Manager of the Year.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    On the Middlesbrough side of things, I can't see how they ever expected to get anything from this proposed case. Yes, Derby cheated, but Middlesbrough weren't playing Derby in every game that season - they had another 44 games against other sides, and if they'd won a few more, maybe they'd have made the playoffs (or whatever it is they're complaining about). Likewise Wycombe - if they'd won a few more games, they wouldn't have to worry about Derby.

As for Derby, I can't help but feel that the League itself believes they're not punished enough until they've been relegated, and I wouldn't be surprised to see another points deduction.

And lastly - Mr Rooney. What with a massive points deduction, and losing all his players not just once, but twice - if he keeps them up, he's got to be Manager of the Year.
    Wycombe have a bit more of a case don't they? Didn't Derby withhold their accounts to avoid a points deduction?

Forest Green Village Rovers next season, potentially home games against Derby, Portsmouth, Sunderland & of course El Glosico, every week a cup final

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Forest Green Village Rovers next season, potentially home games against Derby, Portsmouth, Sunderland & of course El Glosico, every week a cup final
    Can't wait! Where my career started.

fgr-2.jpg

Derby were never going to be relegated but their cheating and entitlement of their fan gets on my wick.
    It is absurd they are allowed to play Bielik when they have yet to pay a single penny of his transfer fee.

Derby have been at it for years, Brian Clough was as crooked as they come, that’s how long they’ve been rotten. They’ve chanced their arm too many times and I hope eventually they’ll get their just desserts.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Can't wait! Where my career started.
    You’ll make a fortune renting out your driveway

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    You’ll make a fortune renting out your driveway

When they move to M5 junction 13, I wonder whether they will still be known as FGR.

Dale Vince might opt for Ecotricity Green Rovers FC

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Derby were never going to be relegated but their cheating and entitlement of their fan gets on my wick.
    It is absurd they are allowed to play Bielik when they have yet to pay a single penny of his transfer fee.
    Seriously?

Their fans are ridiculous, as far as I can tell the EFL have treated them far better than they did Bury

If HMRC do a deal then they need to offer every other club the same percentage rebate otherwise they are distorting the competition

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    If HMRC do a deal then they need to offer every other club the same percentage rebate otherwise they are distorting the competition
    I'll offer to pay the same percentage of income tax due when I do my next tax return too.