+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 BLACKBURN ROVERS. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 BLACKBURN ROVERS. Match thread

We played well, but created no chances. If you can't score one goal, you can't really say you deserved something from the game.

I turned over to catch the last 30 seconds of Luton v Bournemouth to see Luton score with the last kick of the game to win 3 - 2.

That 30 seconds showed more attacking excitement that we managed all 2nd half.

Platitudes don't keep you up home wins and possibly this year other sides having points deducted do.

Ah well, on the plus side it will be nice to see Blackburn go up instead of the big spenders

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I turned over to catch the last 30 seconds of Luton v Bournemouth to see Luton score with the last kick of the game to win 3 - 2.

That 30 seconds showed more attacking excitement that we managed all 2nd half.
    I feel like I'm living in a parallel universe after the crazy emptiness of our stadium and Luton scoring 3 against a side that did the double on us. Scrub that, I'm definitely living in a parallel universe.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v BLACKBURN ROVERS. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Neat and tidy, massively helped by Blackburn being sloppy and happy to sit in. Probably because they know we have nothing upfront.

It looks all neater but it's the usual home performance and the reason we are where we are.

Commentators almost celebrating a dire 1 nil home loss against Blackburn. I know it has been dark at times this season but come on.
    I decided I couldn't watch another game in an empty stadium so opted for the commentary instead. Had to switch it off after about 50 mins as I couldn't stand the mash-up of hyperbole and sycophancy. They were shocking! No analysis. Nothing.

Diehard Cardiff City fans they are. Performance today was okay against a team in 2nd place right now.

we havent had a decent midfield for over ten years Not strange that we're garbage up front

Frustrating and annoying that our last season 20 goal striker is on the sidelines again most probably due to his obstinance over the jabs. We were crying out for a striker today that our decent (on times) approach play desperately needed. The lanky streak of paralysed piss was on his settee again isolating I s’pose, still getting a decent monthly wage though. He’s our main striker but not worth a cup of cold water if he’s not on the pitch

9 defeats in 12 home games, bottom for home form by a long way. This must be one of our worst ever seasons for home performances, even under the darks days of Durban and the fall down the leagues I don’t recall a home record this bad.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    With nine defeats in ten home league games, eight with crowds in, I think that’s wishful thinking Mr Parker.
    We laid down and died in most of them, today we did show a bit of shape against a top of the table side. I do think the crowd & the players feed off each other when a bit of effort is shown.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Frustrating and annoying that our last season 20 goal striker is on the sidelines again most probably due to his obstinance over the jabs. We were crying out for a striker today that our decent (on times) approach play desperately needed. The lanky streak of paralysed piss was on his settee again isolating I s’pose, still getting a decent monthly wage though. He’s our main striker but not worth a cup of cold water if he’s not on the pitch
    Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Well said!
    We, justifiably, on times have a go at the players during games both individually & collectively but at least they’re out there or on the bench making themselves available. Years ago watching Wales at the Millennium Stadium a bloke sat in front of me moaned that he couldn’t believe Vinnie Jones was in the side, I tapped him on the shoulder and told him that Vinnie was a better player than Ryan Giggs. Of course he told me I was talking bollocks, I replied “He definitely is tonight”, as usual Giggs was on the missing list. He reluctantly agreed.

We, justifiably, on times have a go at the players during games both individually & collectively but at least they’re out there or on the bench making themselves available. Years ago watching Wales at the Millennium Stadium a bloke sat in front of me moaned that he couldn’t believe Vinnie Jones was in the side, I tapped him on the shoulder and told him that Vinnie was a better player than Ryan Giggs. Of course he told me I was talking bollocks, I replied “He definitely is tonight”, as usual Giggs was on the missing list. He reluctantly agreed.
    Was that the game where Stoichkov ran riot for Bulgaria. I think it was Vinnie's first Welsh cap?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Played ok. No cutting edge. Too many players not good enough and our better players are not flair players.

Can we stay up?

Not sure.
    My view hasn't changed - we're fortunate that Peterborough are doing their best to keep us up.

Well said, again .

I can't add too much, I'm in a crowded bar and a little bit pickled right now.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    My view hasn't changed - we're fortunate that Peterborough are doing their best to keep us up.
    Barnsley are putting in a good shift as well bless them

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Neat and tidy, massively helped by Blackburn being sloppy and happy to sit in. Probably because they know we have nothing upfront.

It looks all neater but it's the usual home performance and the reason we are where we are.

Commentators almost celebrating a dire 1 nil home loss against Blackburn. I know it has been dark at times this season but come on.
    I haven't seen many games this season as I only have the audio commentary on Cardiff City TV, but I did see it today thanks to the link to the stream service. Hence I was shocked to hear the almost euphoric comments from the commentators about the performance as being a great improvement and how much better City were than Blackburn. If that's the case, I dread to think what previous games must have looked like! In what way were City better....totally useless in the final third, sloppy passing, and poor defending for the goal? Even set pieces, supposedly our main weapon, were wasted.

It doesn't really get said often enough this. Any player that refuses to get vaccinated and subsequently misses games with COVID should be docked their wages until they return, end of

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Was that the game where Stoichkov ran riot for Bulgaria. I think it was Vinnie's first Welsh cap?
    I remember that night. In the old National Stadium. I think it was Jones's debut and he got sent off.

I can't believe Blackburn are second. Was that easy for them today? It didn't look like it. I know we don't have much of a goal threat, but neither did they really. Their goal was the result of space opening up due to poor defending but was still speculative at best. Then they let us have the ball and just dealt with it. Did we get Warnocked?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I haven't seen many games this season as I only have the audio commentary on Cardiff City TV, but I did see it today thanks to the link to the stream service. Hence I was shocked to hear the almost euphoric comments from the commentators about the performance as being a great improvement and how much better City were than Blackburn. If that's the case, I dread to think what previous games must have looked like! In what way were City better....totally useless in the final third, sloppy passing, and poor defending for the goal? Even set pieces, supposedly our main weapon, were wasted.
    For a few years we've been a side of few passes in midfield, and little possession. We now seem to be a side that has plenty of possession , particularly in the middle of the pitch. To some, it looks like a major improvement from McCarthy and Harris, but results tell a different tale.

I wasn't entirely happy with the starting line up but the substitutions were odd. Harris was playing much better than Collins who seems to have an aversion to the box how on earth did he use to be fairly prolific.

Vaulks had to be subbed as he couldn't pass water but with Wintle and Ralls on the pitched it needed to be for someone more attack minded not Pack. Also when they went down to ten we should have taken a centre back off not Dramah who was offering good width. Davies when he came on could have been through the middle or wide left.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Barnsley are putting in a good shift as well bless them
    literally keeping us up because we cant do it ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    I wasn't entirely happy with the starting line up but the substitutions were odd. Harris was playing much better than Collins who seems to have an aversion to the box how on earth did he use to be fairly prolific.

Vaulks had to be subbed as he couldn't pass water but with Wintle and Ralls on the pitched it needed to be for someone more attack minded not Pack. Also when they went down to ten we should have taken a centre back off not Dramah who was offering good width. Davies when he came on could have been through the middle or wide left.
    Absolutely agree...we need also to move forward with more pace..at times it's like a training session. I know it was premiership but watching Newcastle and Watford (yes Watford...) it was intense and high paced.