+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 BLACKBURN ROVERS. Match thread

Re: CARDIFF CITY v BLACKBURN ROVERS. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    For a few years we've been a side of few passes in midfield, and little possession. We now seem to be a side that has plenty of possession , particularly in the middle of the pitch. To some, it looks like a major improvement from McCarthy and Harris, but results tell a different tale.
    Yes it is not how much possession you have but how you use it.

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 BLACKBURN ROVERS. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln blue View Post
    Please stop picking on any City players!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    It doesn't really get said often enough this. Any player that refuses to get vaccinated and subsequently misses games with COVID should be docked their wages until they return, end of
    Totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I remember that night. In the old National Stadium. I think it was Jones's debut and he got sent off.
    It was a surreal experience that evening! I went with a Glaswegian mate who was screaming in an almost inaudible accent how crap we were and wanted to punch anyone who told him to keep it down!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I can't believe Blackburn are second. Was that easy for them today? It didn't look like it. I know we don't have much of a goal threat, but neither did they really. Their goal was the result of space opening up due to poor defending but was still speculative at best. Then they let us have the ball and just dealt with it. Did we get Warnocked?
    I do think that playing in an empty stadium would have had an effect on both sides and, like last season, I don't take the matches seriously because I think they skew all form and stats. They won't have played behind closed doors this season. That said, based on yesterday, I get what you're saying but they still came away with 3 points even down to 10 players. The table doesn't lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

That statistic is quite telling where our Right Back has the highest XG of our team.

I don't remember any of our strikers really having a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    There needs to be a new metric for us. uG = Unexpected Goals.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds17 View Post
    That statistic is quite telling where our Right Back has the highest XG of our team.

I don't remember any of our strikers really having a chance.
    It's also quite evident that once Blackburn scored they sat back as they knew we couldn't break them down