Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dancing on Phillip’s grave

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dancing on Phillip’s grave

More parties

Re: Dancing on Phillip’s grave

that's got to be the final nail in the coffin isn't it?

edit

unfortunate metaphor but you know what I mean

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

edit

You're dead right.

They were following the Nolan principle of being in the mood for dancing.

Or

Thirty parties hath September, April, June, and November, all the rest have thirty-one. February then has one day more.

Nicked from Twitter

Tick tock

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

edit

That'll be the coup de grace; Daily Mail readers will be apoplectic.

If this was leaked to The Telegraph, Johnson's pet paper, then it is more likely to feed an alternative narrative that his staff were out of control and he will sort it out by making heads roll!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    If this was leaked to The Telegraph, Johnson's pet paper, then it is more likely to feed an alternative narrative that his staff were out of control and he will sort it out by making heads roll!
    Nah, different angle I think. He's lost one of his biggest cheerleaders and it's a sign that he is gone already. I can't believe after all the absolutely terrible things this government has done that this moderate faux pas is the killer blow but he's on borrowed time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Nah, different angle I think. He's lost one of his biggest cheerleaders and it's a sign that he is gone already. I can't believe after all the absolutely terrible things this government has done that this moderate faux pas is the killer blow but he's on borrowed time.
    Maybe so but if Sue Gray had been made aware of these events then leaking it in advance of her reporting it would be trying to mitigate the damage. It did not even dislodge an alleged sex offender from the majority of front pages.

Saying that, the leakers could hardly have gone to The Sun with the exclusive!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    That'll be the coup de grace; Daily Mail readers will be apoplectic.
    There are still people (or bots?) on the dm website posting about how this is all a mainstream media hatchet job because they can't deal with how popular Boris is.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    There are still people (or bots?) on the dm website posting about how this is all a mainstream media hatchet job because they can't deal with how popular Boris is.
    The Daily Mail have ramped up that narrative, claiming it's the "woke" BBC's fault. Obviously looking to distance themselves from his downfall, blame the "wokes" and ensure a sweet majority for Sunak in 2024

Let's face it, what we knew nearly a month ago just before Christmas was absolutely shocking and, in different, more responsible, times would have been enough to bring down a Prime Minister and, probably, a Government, but, surely, the juxtaposition of the Queen sat alone at Prince Philip's funeral and the images (who's to say that there won't be pictures to follow?) has to mean the end for Johnson? Yes, the rules at the time were not as stringent as they were on 20 May 2020, but the very fact that the Queen was following the rules at the time with what she did, tells you that we were still a long way from the sort of state where "works meetings" like the ones described in the Telegraph (I'm no fan of the paper, but you have to think that they are 100 per cent sure of their story) were within the rules.

Just done a bit more research and it turns out Johnson did not go to the funeral because only 30 people were allowed to attend - given that it seems about thirty were present for the two works meetings described in the Telegraph piece, I daresay this will be his excuse for saying there was nothing wrong with them.

The wheels are on motion now. If more local associations unanimously call for this, then support will collapse and calls for a handover will get louder and louder.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/new...-vote-22743330

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    The wheels are on motion now. If more local associations unanimously call for this, then support will collapse and calls for a handover will get louder and louder.

I see Andrew Bridgen has now sent in a letter of no confidence in Boris to the 1922 committee.

If more Brexiteer MP's begin to feel the same way, the outcome is surely inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post

I'm sure you will forgive me for ' lapping ' up on you comment I think the plan has been in place for ages to replace him and put in a more one nation Tory .

One interesting point to consider: Rishi Sunak support /back up team are all Dominic Cummings ex staffers , the old DOM is on record as saying he wanted and got Rishi in power and tricked Boris into that situation , the sting in the tail is Labour lapping up the leaks from a Tory leaking machine , if true that is great covert political operation, as old Rishi is well dishy .

Sir Kier better pray Boris stays in power if he wants power , its bit like when Boris loved it when Corbyn was Labours leader as it brought silly power to Boris .

I cant help think if old Phil was about he'd have broken some Covid rules , he's probably having a chuckle as he looks down on us .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I cant help think if old Phil was about he'd have broken some Covid rules , he's probably having a chuckle as he looks down on us .
    At least one of his kids seems to have inherited his disregard for the law if that's the case. Probably having a chuckle about that as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I see Andrew Bridgen has now sent in a letter of no confidence in Boris to the 1922 committee.

If more Brexiteer MP's begin to feel the same way, the outcome is surely inevitable.
    Absolutely. I really can't see how he survives now. Would take some kind of extraordinary unexpected event. The question is when and how and how damaging he makes it to the party

That was significant for me Elwood: Andrew Bridgen 😲 he's always had his tongue up BoJo's arse.

On the other hand Andrew is known to be a serial PM assassin. He's sent letters to the 1922 on the last two occasions we had a change of Tory pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    That was significant for me Elwood: Andrew Bridgen �� he's always had his tongue up BoJo's arse.

On the other hand Andrew is known to be a serial PM assassin. He's sent letters to the 1922 on the last two occasions we had a change of Tory pm.
    Yes I had seen that Mr Bridgen had form for writing to the 1922 committee, although it seems that he withdrew the letter about David Cameron when no one else seemed interested.

Doesn't seem to have done him much good; as far as I can see he has never held even a junior government post.

Yes I had seen that Mr Bridgen had form for writing to the 1922 committee, although it seems that he withdrew the letter about David Cameron when no one else seemed interested.

Doesn't seem to have done him much good; as far as I can see he has never held even a junior government post.
    This is exactly what is rotten about the whole set-up. Just look at the comments from cabinet members over the last 2 or 3 days, all repeating the mantra "we must wait for the outcome of the inquiry" . No-one will say what they really feel as they know it will severely hamper their chances in the future.

Christ were all loving royalist now lol

Yes you're right but Andrew's got his cherished Brexit secured so he's a contented man. I get the impression he knows his place and is happier sniping from the sidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    This is exactly what is rotten about the whole set-up. Just look at the comments from cabinet members over the last 2 or 3 days, all repeating the mantra "we must wait for the outcome of the inquiry" . No-one will say what they really feel as they know it will severely hamper their chances in the future.
    Bloated pigs with their noses stuck in troughs spring to mind, oink oink.