+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bielsa……….

Bielsa……….

Did not want Cody Drameh to leave Leeds.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...inion-22753156

Re: Bielsa……….

Drameh queen

I read Bielsas statement about Drameh and to be honest I still don't understand what he wanted or meant. His team talks must be a nightmare. His grasp of English remains poor, bearing in mind how long he has been working here.

Drameh comes out of this well.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I read Bielsas statement about Drameh and to be honest I still don't understand what he wanted or meant.
    I’m glad someone else said that. I read the article and I don’t have a clue what he was talking about. He made no sense at all. But I’m pretty sure if a Premier League manager genuinely didn’t want a 20 year-old to go out on loan to a Championship club, the player would be going nowhere.

Sounds like he wanted to keep him around as an option but not enough to actually just say no.

Clearly some disagreement there as its an unusual statement to make about a young loan player. Usually everyone is grateful of him getting some playing time.

I read Bielsas statement about Drameh and to be honest I still don't understand what he wanted or meant. His team talks must be a nightmare. His grasp of English remains poor, bearing in mind how long he has been working here.
    I took it as he respected the players view to go out on loan to get more game time. Seems healthy to me albeit a long article to get to that point 👍

I suspect it's more to do with his translator who goes everywhere with him. He just looks like some bloke he's grabbed off the street.

Anyone else reckon that Bielsa is a bit disrespectful? He’s been in the UK a while now yet doesn’t seem interested in learning English, other overseas coaches/managers have persevered over time and picked up enough to answer a few questions in an interview. Pochetinno was one who struggled but battled on eventually discarding the translator, Bielsa just carries on, sat on his bucket staring squinty eyed at the grass as if he’s having a massive turn out. I know he’s apparently well respected by his peers but as far as I can see he doesn’t even watch the match and has no interest in conversing in the language of the country where he chooses to ply his trade.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he can speak much better English than he lets on - I think that probably applies to a fair few players as well.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Wouldn’t be surprised if he can speak much better English than he lets on - I think that probably applies to a fair few players as well.
    That’s crossed my mind, I hope Leeds are making him pay the interpreter’s wages......’ark at me, I hope Leeds etc etc, I wouldn’t shed a tear if the buggers went bust

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    That’s crossed my mind, I hope Leeds are making him pay the interpreter’s wages......’ark at me, I hope Leeds etc etc, I wouldn’t shed a tear if the buggers went bust
    I would - it would be six points a season for us down the drain, if ever they get relegated or we go up again

I saw a clip of Gazza recently on that Italian Celebrity show hes been on. He sounded better talking Italian than English.

Drameh has also unfollowed all the Leeds players on Twitter and deleted all Leeds photos from his instagram, leaving only a pic of him signing for City. Leeds fans not happy

https://www.instagram.com/codydrameh/?hl=en

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Drameh has also unfollowed all the Leeds players on Twitter and deleted all Leeds photos from his instagram, leaving only a pic of him signing for City. Leeds fans not happy

yikes, that's a bit extreme.

Drameh loves the city nqat

He loves us!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Bielsa is potty. When he first arrived at Leeds he rented a one bedroom flat above a spar or something similar. The rent was Ł500 per month and he apparently knocked the landlord down a few quid. I really hope that is true

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Bielsa is potty. When he first arrived at Leeds he rented a one bedroom flat above a spar or something similar. The rent was Ł500 per month and he apparently knocked the landlord down a few quid. I really hope that is true
    he's not known as el loco for nothing.

Maybe there's an option to buy and he's planning on staying!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    he's not known as el loco for nothing.
    As I said he should have a grasp of English by now..... he should be known as the train by now

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Maybe there's an option to buy and he's planning on staying!
    im sure it was reported there was no option to buy.

maybe our PowerPoint presentation was just REALLY compelling

What are the chances of getting a leaked copy as I so want to see it now?

There were transitions and everything!

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    There were transitions and everything!

This kid’s a Londoner who Leeds bought out of Fulham’s youth system in August 2020. Perhaps living in Leeds doesn’t agree with him (can’t imagine why, honest…).

He’s obviously been given some sort of a guarantee of first team football here. It’s going to be interesting to see how this one works out, particularly if he’s been burning bridges at Leeds (in social media terms at least).