+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Traffic Light Frustration

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Traffic Light Frustration

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Anyone else had the dubious experience of the traffic lights in Llandaff, the ones just past Rookwood Hospital turning into Cardiff Rd. Had to drop someone off in Fairwater about 4ish this afternoon and got caught up in the queue. Was there about 35 minutes, I counted 7 seconds that the lights were actually on green, enabling about two cars to go through them. Found another problem when I hit the front of the queue, cars jump the lights on Cardiff Rd so when you’re on green you have no exit, so have to wait. Got through on my second green light. Pretty poor system all round.
    Turning left there's been a filter for a while, but if you want to turn left it's just a car or two, as you say. Light goes green, release hand brake, depress clutch, put into 1st gear, and slowly pull away..

International

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Turning left there's been a filter for a while, but if you want to turn left it's just a car or two, as you say. Light goes green, release hand brake, depress clutch, put into 1st gear, and slowly pull away..
    Light goes red and amber, foot of brake pedal... gone!!

I propose closing Llandaff City to all traffic and putting in ten bicycle lanes, close the pubs and turn them into Panini shops.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I propose closing Llandaff City to all traffic and putting in ten bicycle lanes, close the pubs and turn them into Panini shops.
    That's an oxymoron!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    That's an oxymoron!
    No Traffic, no problem with Traffic Lights. That's an old Chinese Proverb.

Did you know that Japan's traffic lights are red, orange and........blue?
    It's a linguistics thing as 'ao' describes both green and blue.

Similarly, we apply the adjective 'red' to some items that are actually orange e.g. red hair, robins etc. This is due to the word 'orange' not entering the English language before the eponymous fruit was brought here.

I bore myself sometimes......

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Did you know that Japan's traffic lights are red, orange and........blue?
    It's a linguistics thing as 'ao' describes both green and blue.

Similarly, we apply the adjective 'red' to some items that are actually orange e.g. red hair, robins etc. This is due to the word 'orange' not entering the English language before the eponymous fruit was brought here.

I bore myself sometimes......
    A few years back i had a thing for orange flavoured Yoghurt from M+S. I couldn't see any on the shelf in the refrigerated area so i asked one of the assistants if they had any in stock. She looked up and down the aisle and said no, the closest we have is Peach. Now, i can only conclude that she said Peach because a Peach has an orange tint on it's skin, that's the only resemblance. The closest thing to a peach is a nectarine and the closest thing to an orange is a Lemon. I can remember muttering 'Just ****off' under my breath at her.

I bore myself and plenty of others around me sometimes......

International

No Traffic, no problem with Traffic Lights. That's an old Chinese Proverb.
    But shirley cycles are "traffic"?

But shirley cycles are "traffic"?
    Friendly Traffic, Cyclists are passive.......

You wotk for Cardiff traffic planning dept, don't you.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    You wotk for Cardiff traffic planning dept, don't you.
    rumbled

Ridiculous idea. I can't imagine Llandaff being a thriving football sticker area.

Light goes red and amber, foot of brake pedal... gone!!
    I thought that whilst queueing but not a prayer, there’s nowhere for you to go, there’s a line of cars on Cardiff Rd itself, cars that have no doubt jumped the lights on the main drag. They aren’t moving to allow you in either because it’s choc a bloc down to the Western Avenue lights and they physically can’t make a space. There’s pedestrian crossing lights just before High St and I sussed out that if you’re lucky they’ve just been on red and there’s a ‘catch up’ run then which filters back to the lights in question.

I hope my workmate’s car is back on the road Monday, otherwise I’m in it again