+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Traffic Light Frustration

Re: Traffic Light Frustration

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I propose closing Llandaff City to all traffic and putting in ten bicycle lanes, close the pubs and turn them into Panini shops.
    Ridiculous idea. I can't imagine Llandaff being a thriving football sticker area.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Rhubarb Rhubarb Rhubarb Rhubarb

can't you tell from my silly posts today that i am bored sh**less. On a long night shift following a concrete pour sitting in the site office all on my own!
    Get the hessian on it, it’s a cold night

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Get the hessian on it, it’s a cold night
    It's being floated. we could be here all night with this temprature

I propose closing Llandaff City to all traffic and putting in ten bicycle lanes, close the pubs and turn them into (Panini ) shops.
    Is the demand for stickers that high ?

Oooops a doubler, just noticed I was late to the draw .

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    It's being floated. we could be here all night with this temprature
    Power floated-Factory floor? I've done them, 3 in the morning in the middle of January.

International

Power floated-Factory floor? I've done them, 3 in the morning in the middle of January.
    The pour was late because the temperature never got above +2 until about 10 AM, finished at 6.30 PM so we will probably be here all night :(

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Did you know that in South Africa traffic lights are called 'robots'?
    Did you know that the word robot was originally a Czech word?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Did you know that the word robot was originally a Czech word?
    Slavic i think. When i was working in London the Polish lads would say 'Robota' which meant work.

Slavic i think. When i was working in London the Polish lads would say 'Robota' which meant work.
    Fair play, I thought that covid virus was a decent mutator, just tuned in to find that my Llandaff traffic light complaint has mutated into mentioning Polish lads working away from home. I congratulate you CCMB

It's from specifically from Czech, which is obviously a Slavic language. It was coined in a Czech-language play.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It's specifically from Czech, which is obviously a Slavic language. It was coined in a Czech-language play.
    Minus the first 'from'

If they were referring to you, I thought you said you couldn't get on with stilts...

well as taxpayers as i presume that some of you are employed you could get in touch with the council and ask them to fix the fecking problem, coz you won't fix it moaning on here

Going back to the original subject, that road is indeed a nightmare. Not only is it carrying an awful lot of traffic at the best of times, but they are also planning to built a lot of new houses further out, and the owners will be coming to town along that route. Add in the fact that it leads to one of the few bridges over the Taff (in Llandaff North), and you have a recipe for congestion. There is no way that the Council will embark on a road-widening scheme, as this would need expensive compulsary purchases, so we're stuck with it.

To be fair, the length of time the lights are on green is ridiculous, and could easily be altered, and also the traffic should NOT be blocking the junction. But while the Council continues with its "We don't give a sh*t about motorists" stance, they're not going to do anything about it, and it's become dog eat dog in some places. Madness.

International

The sequencing has probably gone wrong and it just needs adjusting.
    But of course the council/Welsh Highways operative who should fix the problem is probably working from home on full pay.