+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Traffic Light Frustration

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Traffic Light Frustration

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Slavic i think. When i was working in London the Polish lads would say 'Robota' which meant work.
    If they were referring to you, I thought you said you couldn't get on with stilts...

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The roads in question in the OP were used by horses long before they were used by bicycles so get rid of the bicycles and lets have mounds of horse shite on the roads again. And Mr Drakeford would save a fortune not having to repair any roads at all.
    Bicycles which were pedal powered only started to be made in the 1830-1850s. not so long before the motor car, and I doubt they had caught on much in rural Wales by then.

It is worthy of note that as far back as 1819 people were using an old kind of bicycle that was propelled by pushing your feet on the ground and even then the riders thought they were a law unto themselves just like today, many being fined in London for riding on the pavement. Some things never change!

https://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryU...risis-of-1894/
    Probably the reason why mudguards were developed for bikes🙂

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Probably the reason why mudguards were developed for bikes��
    they weren't, bikes then didn't have any mudguards.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I propose closing Llandaff City to all traffic and putting in ten bicycle lanes, close the pubs and turn them into (Panini ) shops.
    Is the demand for stickers that high ?

Oooops a doubler, just noticed I was late to the draw .

well as taxpayers as i presume that some of you are employed you could get in touch with the council and ask them to fix the fecking problem, coz you won't fix it moaning on here

Going back to the original subject, that road is indeed a nightmare. Not only is it carrying an awful lot of traffic at the best of times, but they are also planning to built a lot of new houses further out, and the owners will be coming to town along that route. Add in the fact that it leads to one of the few bridges over the Taff (in Llandaff North), and you have a recipe for congestion. There is no way that the Council will embark on a road-widening scheme, as this would need expensive compulsary purchases, so we're stuck with it.

To be fair, the length of time the lights are on green is ridiculous, and could easily be altered, and also the traffic should NOT be blocking the junction. But while the Council continues with its "We don't give a sh*t about motorists" stance, they're not going to do anything about it, and it's become dog eat dog in some places. Madness.

International

The sequencing has probably gone wrong and it just needs adjusting.
    But of course the council/Welsh Highways operative who should fix the problem is probably working from home on full pay.