+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: While we're at it, let's make a list of Cardiff City legends

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: While we're at it, let's make a list of Cardiff City legends

What defines a football club legend?

Skill/ability? Longevity at the club? Loyalty? 'Magic moments'? Inspiration to fans and emerging players? Behaviour on and off the pitch?

Or is it just a player who is talked about in the pub, the ground, on message boards years/decades/generations after he (or she) called it a day? Can a current player be a legend?

I reckon if there are more than half a dozen names on a Cardiff City legends list the point has been missed.

Re: While we're at it, let's make a list of Cardiff City legends

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    What defines a football club legend?

Skill/ability? Longevity at the club? Loyalty? 'Magic moments'? Inspiration to fans and emerging players? Behaviour on and off the pitch?

Or is it just a player who is talked about in the pub, the ground, on message boards years/decades/generations after he (or she) called it a day? Can a current player be a legend?

I reckon if there are more than half a dozen names on a Cardiff City legends list the point has been missed.
    Phil Dwyer is obviously top of the list. In my lifetime, Whitts probably comes second. John Toshack was a bit before my time. I don't even remember him going to Liverpool. A promotion definitely would have helped. Earnie. Players of that ilk.