+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worst home record in the entire league

Re: Worst home record in the entire league

No we are crap, we struggle to score at home and can’t keep a clean sheet home or away despite playing 3 centre backs , 2 x full backs , and 2 holding midfielders .

Due to recruitment failures by our board and previous managers , we have an unbalanced squad hoping that our youngsters can make the step up from under 23 to championship with a rookie manager trying to change the team playing style with players who aren’t comfortable on the ball and don’t have the athleticism of playing that style.

This week I’ve had so many people contact me for Bristol tickets, meanwhile, all I see is ST holders moaning about having to pay SKY to watch the Blackburn game, even though they are getting refunded, and the club re arranged the KO so we could actually watch it on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Mare of a post
    Yeah…you know all about them !

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    City are definitely really crap this season. Were it not for points deductions at Derby and Reading, the side would have been entrenched in the relegation zone for much of the campaign.

The team has posted a club record run of 8 consecutive league defeats, they haven’t kept a clean sheet in 25 games in all competitions and they’ve lost 9 of the last ten 10 home league games, failing to score in 7 of those defeats.

City are really crap this season.
    I’m trying to put things into perspective….we lost almost half the team through injury, including most of our midfield, which contributed (in my opinion) to the bad run. If your strikers are not scoring goals, you ain’t winning that many games, so you could possibly say Moore, Collins and Harris are “crap” because they aren’t doing their job, but some of our players get a lot of unfair criticism…..again only my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    City are definitely really crap this season. Were it not for points deductions at Derby and Reading, the side would have been entrenched in the relegation zone for much of the campaign.

The team has posted a club record run of 8 consecutive league defeats, they haven’t kept a clean sheet in 25 games in all competitions and they’ve lost 9 of the last ten 10 home league games, failing to score in 7 of those defeats.

City are really crap this season.
    You might be interested in some more clean sheet stats.

Our previous worst run of successive home games without a clean sheet was in the 1937/38 season, when we went 17 games without a clean sheet at home. During that run we managed to win 6 and drew 4, conceding 25 goals in those games.

Our current record-breaking run is now up to 19 without a clean sheet at home, conceding 29 goals in those games, losing 11. I'm glad the Cardiff City stadium is a fortress; imagine how bad the run could be if it wasn't!

Our next target will surely be to surpass the club record of 29 successive games without a clean sheet, set in the 1933/34 season by Messrs Wilson and Watts-Jones. That impressive run saw the side ship 76 goals. Our current run of non-clean sheets has seen us concede a mere 46 goals and surely not even the most pessimistic of City fans can see us getting close to the 1933/34 tally.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    You might be interested in some more clean sheet stats.

Our previous worst run of successive home games without a clean sheet was in the 1937/38 season, when we went 17 games without a clean sheet at home. During that run we managed to win 6 and drew 4, conceding 25 goals in those games.

Our current record-breaking run is now up to 19 without a clean sheet at home, conceding 29 goals in those games, losing 11. I'm glad the Cardiff City stadium is a fortress; imagine how bad the run could be if it wasn't!

Our next target will surely be to surpass the club record of 29 successive games without a clean sheet, set in the 1933/34 season by Messrs Wilson and Watts-Jones. That impressive run saw the side ship 76 goals. Our current run of non-clean sheets has seen us concede a mere 46 goals and surely not even the most pessimistic of City fans can see us getting close to the 1933/34 tally.
    The club must have been in a hell of state in those days, the effects of the depression affecting life across the board. The fact that Bartley Wilson was (most probably reluctantly) managing the club that he’d founded thirty odd years earlier speaks volumes. Dark days indeed in troubled times, for a club who’d been to two Wembley Cup Finals a short while before. Ironic, perhaps, that some are comparing today’s woes to those days with the next two Wembley Cup Finals after the 1920s fresh in our memories.