+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vincent Tan the White van vanished man.

Vincent Tan the White van vanished man.

Not heard much from him since the start of Covid. Not sure what that means! just wondering.

Re: Vincent Tan the White van vanished man.

Seems like he’s lost all interest.
    We just appear to be winging it on all fronts.
    From the squad, to the manager, to any direction or ambition.
    I’m starting to feel the same myself.
    After 50 Yrs of being City daft, i’m rapidly losing interest. Had a gut feeling we’d get beat today, and in all honesty, i didn’t even feel any emotion when we did.
    I would say i’m all footballed out, only theres not been any decent football played down the City for a good while now

Hasn't he got his man Jalil Rasheed virtually stalking the corridors of CCFC and reporting back ?

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...director-board

The OP is correct, in terms of VT it's all gone quiet over there. Has Rasheed ever made any pronouncements about CCFC ? I don't remember any. With Ken Choo having moved to London and is now keeping Mehmet Dalman company at arms length you certainly get the impression that the bridge of the good ship Cardiff City is a bit deserted.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Who hasn’t

I’m sure he’s got his hands full with saving multiple businesses with crippling COVID restrictions.

Football was just a vehicle to promote other businesses. It was never going to be his primary focus

And us lifelong supporters are just left in the doldrums as a rich man's plaything gathers dust.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Not heard much from him since the start of Covid. Not sure what that means! just wondering.

I've been to Tesco , Halfords , Kfc and a few other places this week and not once have i seen the owner of them,,
    I don't know why anyone cares if the owner is there or not.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I've been to Tesco , Halfords , Kfc and a few other places this week and not once have i seen the owner of them,,
    I don't know why anyone cares if the owner is there or not.
    And you don't think there's ever such an itsy bitsy difference between a retail store and a football club Stan?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    And you don't think there's ever such an itsy bitsy difference between a retail store and a football club Stan?
    Both are run like a business.
    I don't care if the owner is here or not and i don't know anyone else who is bothered by it either.
    The days of owners causing a circus to get attention from the fanboys are long gone thankfully..
    All i care about is the club and how it's run not Vinny or anyone else being in the stadium..

After 50 Yrs of being City daft, i’m rapidly losing interest. Had a gut feeling we’d get beat today, and in all honesty, i didn’t even feel any emotion when we did.
    I would say i’m all footballed out, only theres not been any decent football played down the City for a good while now
    50 years? You young ones are just moan, moan, moan all the bleedin time, get a grip!

I'm hoping the powers that be are now realising they have to clear out the crap and start afresh

Both are run like a business.
    I don't care if the owner is here or not and i don't know anyone else who is bothered by it either.
    The days of owners causing a circus to get attention from the fanboys are long gone thankfully..
    All i care about is the club and how it's run not Vinny or anyone else being in the stadium..
    I know a lot of people who are bothered by it.

One huge difference is that few people who have put their hearts and souls into supporting a football club all their lives would just casually do their shopping elsewhere. You can do that with a retail business but it's not so easy with a football club.

I know a lot of people who are bothered by it.

One huge difference is that few people who have put their hearts and souls into supporting a football club all their lives would just casually do their shopping elsewhere. You can do that with a retail business but it's not so easy with a football club.
    And the same people bothered by it wouldn't care if he was there or not if we were mid table in the premier league.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Hasn't he got his man Jalil Rasheed virtually stalking the corridors of CCFC and reporting back ?

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...director-board

The OP is correct, in terms of VT it's all gone quiet over there. Has Rasheed ever made any pronouncements about CCFC ? I don't remember any. With Ken Choo having moved to London and is now keeping Mehmet Dalman company at arms length you certainly get the impression that the bridge of the good ship Cardiff City is a bit deserted.
    I'm not surprised that VT isn't currently showing a personal interest. He's got enough on his plate trying to keep his total business interests going during the Covid era. The 'virtual' arrival of Abdul Jalil Rasheed as a director suggests to me that VT wants a strategist involved and this is the man. There is no doubt that KC and MD have made some mistakes in terms of personal involved with CC in recent years, and from critical comments made by Mehmet at a recent meeting with supporters groups maybe they are feeling a bit sore about the situation.

Also there are other things to do: HR Owen is a big business for VT and both Mehmet Dalman and Ken Choo are directors.
    Interestingly, in 2020 Ken Choo became a director of Ascend Care Ltd, a technical healthcare company based in Reading. Im not sure if this is one of VTs business. Ascend care are a major UK distributor of LFTs...and we all know what they are....so maybe development of this is a priority for him??

And the same people bothered by it wouldn't care if he was there or not if we were mid table in the premier league.
    Since I know them I can categorically say that's not true. Surely it doesn't take much effort for the guy to explain what his intentions are with the club? I know love is blind Stan but I reckon you probably agree with that.

The only interest VT has shown recently is the amount of £ leaving his bank account each month to subsidise the players wages.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    I'm not surprised that VT isn't currently showing a personal interest. He's got enough on his plate trying to keep his total business interests going during the Covid era. The 'virtual' arrival of Abdul Jalil Rasheed as a director suggests to me that VT wants a strategist involved and this is the man. There is no doubt that KC and MD have made some mistakes in terms of personal involved with CC in recent years, and from critical comments made by Mehmet at a recent meeting with supporters groups maybe they are feeling a bit sore about the situation.

Also there are other things to do: HR Owen is a big business for VT and both Mehmet Dalman and Ken Choo are directors.
    Interestingly, in 2020 Ken Choo became a director of Ascend Care Ltd, a technical healthcare company based in Reading. Im not sure if this is one of VTs business. Ascend care are a major UK distributor of LFTs...and we all know what they are....so maybe development of this is a priority for him??
    Maybe the guy's bitten more than he can chew. At the very least why doesn't he reduce his shareholding in CCFC and allow more experienced and able operators to drive it forward?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    The only interest VT has shown recently is the amount of £ leaving his bank account each month to subsidise the players wages.
    Well said, it helps to prop up his investment

Maybe the guy's bitten more than he can chew. At the very least why doesn't he reduce his shareholding in CCFC and allow more experienced and able operators to drive it forward?
    Tan likes being in charge. I can't imagine him reducing his shareholding, I think he'd just sell up.

I think this maybe appreciated more when a few more clubs struggle and get points deductions soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Tan likes being in charge. I can't imagine him reducing his shareholding, I think he'd just sell up.
    Sadly I agree. The fear I've got is that he won't sell for a reasonable offer and is trying to hold out for much more than the club's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I think this maybe appreciated more when a few more clubs struggle and get points deductions soon enough.
    Is his cunning plan to avoid relegation to hope there's 3 teams with enough points deducted finishing below us 😁

well he has kept the club afloat ie we don't seem to be breaking any financial fair play rules at the moment.i think he would love to get rid of us but the sala case is hanging over the club for now. maybe after that we may see some movement either way but we maybe in division one by then

Quote Originally Posted by driver blue View Post
    well he has kept the club afloat ie we don't seem to be breaking any financial fair play rules at the moment.i think he would love to get rid of us but the sala case is hanging over the club for now. maybe after that we may see some movement either way but we maybe in division one by then
    Everyone always says he wants to sell, he had the perfect time after Warnock got us promoted.

Everyone always says he wants to sell, he had the perfect time after Warnock got us promoted.
    Exactly, he should have done it then. He's going to be struggling to get his money back now.