+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vincent Tan the White van vanished man.

Re: Vincent Tan the White van vanished man.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Maybe the guy's bitten more than he can chew. At the very least why doesn't he reduce his shareholding in CCFC and allow more experienced and able operators to drive it forward?
    Which is exactly what he needs to do else he will lose even more. Dont think he has what it takes to run a football club, at least he’s not getting the right people in to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I've been to Tesco , Halfords , Kfc and a few other places this week and not once have i seen the owner of them,,
    I don't know why anyone cares if the owner is there or not.
    hope your chopper is ok and those wings were tasty, but none of those are playing brizzle next week in a fight for survival are they.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Which is exactly what he needs to do else he will lose even more. Dont think he has what it takes to run a football club, at least he’s not getting the right people in to do it.
    I totally agree. If I were him I'd cut my losses quick and put it down to experience (or lack of in this case).

All all I can see from reports has had suffered loses due to Covid and of his liabilities he has so far off loaded his 30 million yacht and half of his stake in LAFC , but not us yet ??

He has in my era been the best and most loyal of owners.

Exactly, he should have done it then. He's going to be struggling to get his money back now.
    Or maybe he has never had any intention to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Or maybe he has never had any intention to sell.
    I don't think there's any reason to believe that. People don't make a return on their investment without selling up. I believe he was hoping to achieve a well established Premier club on limited funding then cash in on the profit. It'll never happen for him now so I can't understand why he doesn't allow a more professional set up to halt our decline.

International

I don't think there's any reason to believe that. People don't make a return on their investment without selling up. I believe he was hoping to achieve a well established Premier club on limited funding then cash in on the profit. It'll never happen for him now so I can't understand why he doesn't allow a more professional set up to halt our decline.
    You mean like Derby?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    You mean like Derby?
    No, don't you know what's happened to them? You've been asleep again.

International

No, don't you know what's happened to them? You've been asleep again.
    yes I know. Weren't those people supposed to make them a great club again?

You said there has never been any evidence that he does not want to sell. Isn't the fact that he has continually pumped money into the club and that he still owns it evidence enough?
    The fact that members of the board have said there is no intention to sell?
    It has been reported that there have been enquiries but he hasn't sold.
    What proof do you want ffs?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    yes I know. Weren't those people supposed to make them a great club again?

You said there has never been any evidence that he does not want to sell. Isn't the fact that he has continually pumped money into the club and that he still owns it evidence enough?
    The fact that members of the board have said there is no intention to sell?
    It has been reported that there have been enquiries but he hasn't sold.
    What proof do you want ffs?
    FFS do you believe anything you hear?

Derby has nothing to do with us.

Quite possibly those reports of enquiries have been of offers well below what he wants and what on Earth do you expect a subjugated board to say to the Press? Everyone's got a price.

Since I know them I can categorically say that's not true. Surely it doesn't take much effort for the guy to explain what his intentions are with the club? I know love is blind Stan but I reckon you probably agree with that.
    I agree he should explain his intentions but that could be through the media he doesn't have to attend a game to confirm what his intentions are.
    And the only people i love are my family not some owner of a club

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    hope your chopper is ok and those wings were tasty, but none of those are playing brizzle next week in a fight for survival are they.
    Him attending the bristol game doesn't make any diffence to the result?
    Has i said further up i don't care if he attends game or not but i agree that he should explain what his intentions are for the club

I know a lot of people who are bothered by it.

One huge difference is that few people who have put their hearts and souls into supporting a football club all their lives would just casually do their shopping elsewhere. You can do that with a retail business but it's not so easy with a football club.
    So if Tan explained his plans and intentions in the media you and the lot of people you know will still be bothered by him not attending games?
    Honestly i don't understand why some care if he attends i just watch the game i don't give two hoots who else is there.

Him attending the bristol game doesn't make any diffence to the result?
    Has i said further up i don't care if he attends game or not but i agree that he should explain what his intentions are for the club
    Doubt you’ll see him at Bristol but it’d be no shock to see him in the directors box at Anfield rubbing shoulders with the company he really craves, Premier League hierarchy.

International

FFS do you believe anything you hear?

Derby has nothing to do with us.

Quite possibly those reports of enquiries have been of offers well below what he wants and what on Earth do you expect a subjugated board to say to the Press? Everyone's got a price.
    no I don't believe everything I hear, specially when you're saying it.
    Yes everything has it's price but that is not the same as someone actively looking to sell an asset.
    You said he should let people take over with a"more professional set-up" That is what the people who took over Derby were alleged to be when they took over and look how well they've done.
    As long as VT is supporting the finances of the club in these difficult times[perhaps we should just be grateful and stop knocking him for not pouring even more money in.

In the last few seasons the club has certainly lost the momentum it's had since 2000. We've been on thrilling couple of decades, and Covid, along with the changing demographics in the Championship, have no doubt contributed to a general feeling of 'going nowhere'. Having a squad of players that has become increasingly less exciting and competent hasn't helped City's cause in particular, and successive managers have been merely doing the best they can to keep City solid, hard-to-beat, and in the Championship. So I'm not sure what else people want from VT. Maybe some fans are bit more 'needy' than others.

I don't see what he gets from it.

Loses money for something he gets no enjoyment from, no way to promote anything using it in the champ.

Surely has to be looking at ways to offload and take as minimal a hit as possible.

I expect a lot of clubs in the same position and not quite as many foolish people with money.

So if Tan explained his plans and intentions in the media you and the lot of people you know will still be bothered by him not attending games?
    Honestly i don't understand why some care if he attends i just watch the game i don't give two hoots who else is there.
    Sorry Stan, I agree in fact. I should have said that I don't really care whether Tan attends games or not. I do think he should communicate with the fan base regularly about his intentions with the club. As you said he could make use of the media to channel a dialogue.

I know a lot of people who are bothered by it.

One huge difference is that few people who have put their hearts and souls into supporting a football club all their lives would just casually do their shopping elsewhere. You can do that with a retail business but it's not so easy with a football club.
    +1. I saw my first game at NP when I was 10 and I'll be seventy-one in a couple of months. I lived in Derby, just around the corner from a certain BC, when they won the league and I supported the City. Then I moved to Nottingham and they won the league and two European cups, but I still supported the City.

Perhaps I should move back to Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by NottinghamBlue View Post
    +1. I saw my first game at NP when I was 10 and I'll be seventy-one in a couple of months. I lived in Derby, just around the corner from a certain BC, when they won the league and I supported the City. Then I moved to Nottingham and they won the league and two European cups, but I still supported the City.

Perhaps I should move back to Cardiff
    Well done 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I don't see what he gets from it.

Loses money for something he gets no enjoyment from, no way to promote anything using it in the champ.

Surely has to be looking at ways to offload and take as minimal a hit as possible.

I expect a lot of clubs in the same position and not quite as many foolish people with money.
    Perhaps its simple loyalty , and wanting to be the better person ,lets not forget his age and Covid risks both his health and his families , and the loss of a lot of his own personal wealth ?

I don't think we'll se VT again until we have a chance of winning something, whether it be promotion or a cup. (fat chance, I know)
    But he craves attention, and IMO is a glory-hunter.

If we do reach a final or gain promotion, he'll turn up to claim the credit.

Tan won't sell because he can't. He invested far too much money to get us into the EPL and then when we got there he didn't invest enough to keep us there. He got rid of Malky because he was jealous, then we had the OGS debacle and all the cash flushed down the toilet with it. He made a decent hiring with Warnock but was foolish to let him manage in the EPL and waste even more money. Tan's basically ****ed himself and now he has no way out. I'm not surprised he doesn't show up. I'd be surprised if he even talks about Cardiff City. For a so-called businessman, it must be a huge embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I don't think we'll se VT again until we have a chance of winning something, whether it be promotion or a cup. (fat chance, I know)
    But he craves attention, and IMO is a glory-hunter.

If we do reach a final or gain promotion, he'll turn up to claim the credit.
    It would be his money and decisions that helped get us to a final or promotion so would deserve some credit?

Sorry Stan, I agree in fact. I should have said that I don't really care whether Tan attends games or not. I do think he should communicate with the fan base regularly about his intentions with the club. As you said he could make use of the media to channel a dialogue.
    I'm with you regarding the lack of communication.
    Us fans pay decent money to support the club and deserve to have a little bit of feedback from time to time.
    I think it's ignorant that Tan , Choo or Dalman ( Preferably Tan ) can't give us a minute or two interview just to give us the heads up regarding the plans and ideas for the future.
    That said i honestly believe we has a club are starting to get wiser and will start to come good after this season