+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pressure on Rowberry?

Pressure on Rowberry?

They've lost 9 of their last 10 home games. Down in 17th, 3 points above the drop zone.

Re: Pressure on Rowberry?

Our next manager probably

No no no . Colin is returning..

Seems I was focusing on the wrong South Wales manager!

Lost at home to Rochdale who started today at the bottom of League Two.

Hope county go down
    Horrible Kents (copyright © SLUDGE)

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    They've lost 9 of their last 10 home games. Down in 17th, 3 points above the drop zone.
    I'm sure some fans were saying we had lost a top manager when he left us..

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I'm sure some fans were saying we had lost a top manager when he left us..
    I don't think he ever managed us.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Hope county go down
    Wrexham, now County. Who rattled Mr Grumpy's cage today? I'd love to see another Welsh Club playing in the English Football League and would hate to see Newport drop out. I wouldn't even want to see Swansea drop out.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Wrexham, now County. Who rattled Mr Grumpy's cage today? I'd love to see another Welsh Club playing in the English Football League and would hate to see Newport drop out. I wouldn't even want to see Swansea drop out.
    Nah, I would have laughed if Swansea had dropped out of the football league

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Nah, I would have laughed if Swansea had dropped out of the football league
    Bad Karma Eric. It could be argued that all Welsh clubs are guests of the English Football League these days and should f*ck off to the Cymru Premier if we're that proud of Wales. It's not what I'd like to see but some would say we're hypocrites.

Shovcking result for County yesterday (and a barmy one for Wrexham who are still strangely vulnerable at times in the National League - third time they’ve conceded five at home in the last six months or so I believe) - I think Rowberry might be sacked after that - two very poor results for Newport after their great win at Leyton Orient.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Shovcking result for County yesterday (and a barmy one for Wrexham who are still strangely vulnerable at times in the National League - third time they’ve conceded five at home in the last six months or so I believe) - I think Rowberry might be sacked after that - two very poor results for Newport after their great win at Leyton Orient.
    Newport look like an old version of us. Concede at home in the first 5 mins then the bulk of possession, 21 shots to their 7 and only 3 on target. 13 corners to their 2. They had 3 shots on target scored 1. Pathetic at home again.

As for Wrexham, they should be aiming to cruise that league with 1 or 2 goals a game and not conceding. They'll not get into the EFL with that attitude again this season. Someone needs to have a chat with the Hollywood guys. Maybe they've watched too much MSL. Their defence is still terrible and they don't want to go into another play off lottery with that lot. They need a new manager and defensive coaching team pronto.

Newport look like they've got a problem staying in the EFL whilst Wrexham have the problem of getting into it. I'd love to see home and away legs between the two just to gauge how bad it is.

Newport look like an old version of us. Concede at home in the first 5 mins then the bulk of possession, 21 shots to their 7 and only 3 on target. 13 corners to their 2. They had 3 shots on target scored 1. Pathetic at home again.

As for Wrexham, they should be aiming to cruise that league with 1 or 2 goals a game and not conceding. They'll not get into the EFL with that attitude again this season. Someone needs to have a chat with the Hollywood guys. Maybe they've watched too much MSL. Their defence is still terrible and they don't want to go into another play off lottery with that lot. They need a new manager and defensive coaching team pronto.

Newport look like they've got a problem staying in the EFL whilst Wrexham have the problem of getting into it. I'd love to see home and away legs between the two just to gauge how bad it is.
    The phrase that TOBW coined about City many years ago 'flat track bullies' applies I think to Wrexham. Can give a hiding to most teams at home, but can struggle away against more determined and organised sides.
    I agree that the manager or directors need to sort this vulnerability, or attitude, out otherwise yet another season in the National league beckons.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    The phrase that TOBW coined about City many years ago 'flat track bullies' applies I think to Wrexham. Can give a hiding to most teams at home, but can struggle away against more determined and organised sides.
    I agree that the manager or directors need to sort this vulnerability, or attitude, out otherwise yet another season in the National league beckons.
    Yes, it's a good phrase. That play off debacle last year was a horror show.

I'm surprised you didn't ask WTF is the MSL though?

It's surprising people have different view points to yourself.
    It kind of creeps up on you when you least expect Mr Happy chops.

It's surprising people have different view points to yourself.
    It kind of creeps up on you when you least expect Mr Happy chops.
    THWAAAK!

Will Mr Centre of The Universe aka Mr Happy Chops be back for another galactic joust with The Insider aka Mr Grumpy? Tune into another exciting episode of "Pressure on Rowberry" next week!

Hope county go down
    Can’t stand them either stems from a few run ins with them over the years (Newport v Everton, Cwmbran friendlies, Brown-hills days and bother in Milan )

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Can’t stand them either stems from a few run ins with them over the years (Newport v Everton, Cwmbran friendlies, Brown-hills days and bother in Milan )
    Let it go. Move on. Forgive. Forget. Love dude.

I was right (eventually!)