+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Did the club drop the ball on James Rowberry?

Did the club drop the ball on James Rowberry?

Thinking back did the club miss the boat with James Rowberry by not sacking Mick earlier. On reflection of the results since he became Newport No.1, would him and Morison been a dream team? (from with in our on ranks)
    Discuss

Re: Did the club drop the ball on James Rowberry?

What part of the dream is Morison? The nightmare?

JR is certainly doing well at Cewnty, they’re playing with a flair helped by an on fire front line.

You also need to look at the fantastic job Rob Edwards is doing @ FGR, another new manager aided by a very hot strike force.
    I’d go get Matt Stevens & Jamille Matt now.

But of course all of this is league 2 & it’s light years away from the Championship.

Cardiff City would be a better club with JR still employed. Given the current direction of the leadership / directors it needs something far more radical & planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    JR is certainly doing well at Cewnty, they’re playing with a flair helped by an on fire front line.

You also need to look at the fantastic job Rob Edwards is doing @ FGR, another new manager aided by a very hot strike force.

But of course all of this is league 2 & it’s light years away from the Championship.

Cardiff City would be a better club with JR still employed. Given the current direction of the leadership / directors it needs something far more radical & planned.
    Well said Des.

Maybe.

But I think our squad has been neglected for a few seasons.

Now well into January and I genuinely only think a combo of points deductions and others in poor form can even come close to saving us.

No pace, no creativity, leaky defence, awful home form, ridiculous home form, pathetic really.

I don't see how anyone but maybe the one or two that would have built a siege mentality could have done much better than SM and I don't think his record is anything to get too excited over. It has just become such a poor squad.

We pass the ball a bit better but move it at such a pace that at times I wrongly feel my stream is buffering even if there in person.

Not now, but the first Warnock we had could have helped us, organised us, someone like that but then what outlet does the team have through midfield and upfront.

If the form continues, sadly I do think the club will panic and go for an even more short term answer than even SM, I just don't see it working though.

Happy Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post

Rowberry was first-team coach when we were crap under Warnock, he was first-team coach when we were crap under Harris, and he was first-team coach when we were crap under McCarthy. I'm not convinced that he would be a magic bullet.

I wonder what Newport County supporters currently think of James Rowberry.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I wonder what Newport County supporters currently think of James Rowberry.
    7 points from their last 9 games is vintage Dave Jones form.

I don't know what went wrong there, but they won 2-1 at Carlisle in mid March and were 3rd in the table. Since then their form has only been better than Oldham, Scunthorpe and Hartlepool.

A narrow escape I'd say.

One point from the first four games this season for Newport.

Quote Originally Posted by skunkatron View Post
    Thinking back did the club miss the boat with James Rowberry by not sacking Mick earlier. On reflection of the results since he became Newport No.1, would him and Morison been a dream team? (from with in our on ranks)
    Discuss
    Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Probably not.
    The only thread that we regularly bump is the “Haaland is going to turn out like Cornelius” thread. Please bear this in mind in future.

Probably the new coach incoming lol