+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Morison OUT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Morison OUT

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Whilst there's absolutely no point getting rid now, has anyone really seen anything worthy of keeping him on at the summer.
    if the season ended today then I dunno, you could understand them letting him go, but on the other hand I would fear a return to long ball style with whatever appointment they come up with next.

in terms of what we've seen so far I'd say:
    positives:
    a genuine desire for us to play a more modern style of football, that hasn't been abandoned at the first hurdle.
    undeniable improvement in results and performances from the end of the McCarthy regime.
    he's demonstrated that he understands the system that we are trying to play, no longer are we playing centre backs or central midfielders at wing back.
    continued McCarthy's good work in bringing young players into the side - more often playing them in their correct positions.
    the team seems motivated and with good togetherness (although it is still early days)
    the team can battle their way back into a match after going behind.

negatives:
    we are still very much in a relegation scrap
    results are still not good
    his interview style could use a lot of polish.
    seems a bit too defensive on a personal level
    we still concede soft goals far too easily often from simple through balls.
    we don't have very much attacking threat still.

I'd say 5.5/10 so far, but we need to turn some of the promising steps into actual results

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    if the season ended today then I dunno, you could understand them letting him go, but on the other hand I would fear a return to long ball style with whatever appointment they come up with next.

positives:
    a genuine desire for us to play a more modern style of football, that hasn't been abandoned at the first hurdle.
    undeniable improvement in results and performances from the end of the McCarthy regime.
    he's demonstrated that he understands the system that we are trying to play, no longer are we playing centre backs or central midfielders at wing back.
    continued McCarthy's good work in bringing young players into the side - more often playing them in their correct positions.
    the team seems motivated and with good togetherness (although it is still early days)

negatives:

I'd say 5.5/10 so far, but we need to turn some of the promising steps into actual results
    I think the problem of turning promising steps into results is that it won't happen overnight. We're moving to a different style of playing which is going to take more than a dozen games to be settled and work. Patience is clearly the key, though as the games tick by, patience will grow increasingly thin. If we're in the bottom 3 with a few games to go, I imagine we'd end up reverting back to a more gung-ho type of game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

positives:

negatives:

I would be more impressed if Morison demonstrated that he understands the system we are trying to play doesn't work with the players he has available.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I would be more impressed if Morison demonstrated that he understands the system we are trying to play doesn't work with the players he has available.
    I agree with this. There's one thing about getting players to play a certain way, to a certain formation, but I've always felt that the formation should suit the strengths of the players you have, rather than trying to shoehorn players to play in a certain formation.

I think this is particularly true of our 3 centre backs, where the old brigade are used to playing as part of a back 4. If most of them are likely to be going this summer, it makes little sense to try and get them to play as they are currently, but to play to their strengths and bring in centre backs during the summer that suit a back 3.

Harris, MM and Morison have all struggled with the rubbish Warnock signed.High wages and long contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Harris, MM and Morison have all struggled with the rubbish Warnock signed.High wages and long contracts.
    In the end, Warnock struggled with the rubbish he'd signed!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    In the end, Warnock struggled with the rubbish he'd signed!

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Exactly. It would be unfair to judge Morison since he's been using the bunch of he was left with

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Exactly. It would be unfair to judge Morison since he's been using the bunch of he was left with
    Logic would show it's entirely fair to judge Morison on the players he picks, given he was previously u23 manager playing that style and thus knows the youngsters are entirely capable of playing that style and formation.

The lack of gametime for Bowen and Sang in midfield is entirely on Morison, even given injuries.