+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Morison OUT

Re: Morison OUT

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    The speed of decline of the club since promotion to the Premier League in May 2018 is stunning and reflects the wretched incompetence of Tan, Dalman and Choo and Warnock’s prime focus on his own interests ahead of those of the football club.

I read on here that Choo is no longer based in Cardiff. Is there another club in the top 2 divisions where the owner, Chairman and Chief Executive are all absent? Is it imaginable that clubs like Brighton or Brentford, so recently our rivals, would be run on this basis?

The structure of the club is a mess, the money has been pissed against a wall and the leadership is missing in action. With a backdrop like that it’s difficult to imagine any manager having a chance.
    Agree, it's all so disheartening.

Not for me he's done well so far

I'm not saying Morison out, give me him over a Pulis or someone any day. I'd just like Bellamy to take over from the summer in an ideal world

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I'm not saying Morison out, give me him over a Pulis or someone any day. I'd just like Bellamy to take over from the summer in an ideal world
    Let's see how we finish the season first - if it starts to come together and some of the youngsters really start to make the leap then it would make sense to give Morison longer.
    If we don't improve then we have a decision to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Let's see how we finish the season first - if it starts to come together and some of the youngsters really start to make the leap then it would make sense to give Morison longer.
    If we still haven't kept a clean sheet then he needs to go.

Doesn't he have to play them for that to be the case though Rjk? If he brings in a few more loanees then that's less game time for our own lads. Loanees bugger off at the end of the season and we're back to square one. After a bright start, he's benching too many of them. Will Bacuna start against Bristol? I don't want him to fail but as I said in my earlier post, I don't understand his decisions anymore and he's starting to get later and later with his subs.

I can only assume he doesn't feel the bulk of talented younger players we have will keep us up or are good enough to start. What's with Colwill these days? I'm not sure what Morison has in mind for him anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Morison is displaying a few character flaws as well, always had them most probably but no bugger really knew who he was before.
    Is everyone else perfect then?

Maybe it's all wishful thinking about what lies ahead but if the summer is the Great Refresh I'm not sure Morison is the man to take that on. He seems quite standard and uninspiring to me. Of course, we could get someone else who is equally middling or keep SM cos it saves the board the bother of doing much.

4 home defeats in 5 league games has to change fast or it can only be a no thanks at the end of the season

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Maybe it's all wishful thinking about what lies ahead but if the summer is the Great Refresh I'm not sure Morison is the man to take that on. He seems quite standard and uninspiring to me. Of course, we could get someone else who is equally middling or keep SM cos it saves the board the bother of doing much.
    Who would you give it to in the summer then?

I hope Morison does enough to keep the job, as I at least like the direction he is trying to take us. If we are suddenly in the market for another manager, god knows who they'll give it to next time. If Morison comes good then at least we know it isn't another Warnock

I hope Morison does enough to keep the job, as I at least like the direction he is trying to take us. If we are suddenly in the market for another manager, god knows who they'll give it to next time. If Morison comes good then at least we know it isn't another Warnock
    They'll go for Newport's Manager after a series of scouting reports.

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    4 home defeats in 5 league games has to change fast or it can only be a no thanks at the end of the season
    ^^^^^^^
    This

I agree he's taking us in a more positive direction with getting us to pass the ball and get youngsters involved. However, I think he's not clever tactically and he has no idea on how to sort out our defensive frailties. Long term I don't think he's the right man. He's a stop gap, not someone who will drive us forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I agree he's taking us in a more positive direction with getting us to pass the ball and get youngsters involved. However, I think he's not clever tactically and he has no idea on how to sort out our defensive frailties. Long term I don't think he's the right man. He's a stop gap, not someone who will drive us forward.
    Hi team selection is never great either.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I agree with that. He doesn't know our best team.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Can’t stand the arrogant prick.

Wants to take all the credit for the positives, but no responsibility for the negatives.

So far out of his depth not even a rubber ring and arm bands can save him.
    i

Time is not on his side.
    VT and Co need to decide by the end of this month whether they are prepared to stick with him at the risk of relegation or appoint a more experienced or alternative person who might have a better chance of avoiding relegation.
    If we get relegated I do not believe that many of us would be enthused about Morison being the manager next season.
    As fans we would undoubtedly be disappointed to be relegated but I think VT and Co more so.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    it's a hell of a lot better than Mick McCarthy s was, at least the days of 5 centrebacks are behind us.

plenty of his selections have been not what I would want, bit none of them have been that terrible.
    I think he understands how this formation and style of play works and is trying to achieve that with what is the least valuable squad we've had in a decade.

We need qualified people higher up the food chain. Then you might see some improvement. Until then, decisions made regarding managers will be hap hazard.

Morison is too inexperienced for the job. He is too much of an unknown quantity.

That said, I feel like a majority of the people on here wanted him, so we'll have to live with it for a while.

In the short space of time that he's been here i can see the direction in which he wants us to go.
    Sadly at the moment he hasn't had a transfer window to bring in the players that will suit his style of play so can only use what he's got. I'd like the club to give him time to have a good go rather that rush and jump the gun again.

Whilst there's absolutely no point getting rid now, has anyone really seen anything worthy of keeping him on at the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Whilst there's absolutely no point getting rid now, has anyone really seen anything worthy of keeping him on at the summer.
    We are playing better we are just stuck with the shit Warnock left us with.
    Hoplefully in the summer we can get rid of them and bring in players that can play the way Morison wants us to.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    We need qualified people higher up the food chain. Then you might see some improvement. Until then, decisions made regarding managers will be hap hazard.

Morison is too inexperienced for the job. He is too much of an unknown quantity.

That said, I feel like a majority of the people on here wanted him, so we'll have to live with it for a while.
    Agree, there is nothing to suggest the club has learned anything from the serial failures in decision making over the last 3 years or so.

There is no-one who knows anything about football on the board and the so-called leadership is AWOL. On the theme of recruitment does the batshit crazy Transfer Committee still exist anymore?

Expect more in the way of random managerial appointments until the club brings credible football expertise on board.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    if the season ended today then I dunno, you could understand them letting him go, but on the other hand I would fear a return to long ball style with whatever appointment they come up with next.

in terms of what we've seen so far I'd say:
    positives:
    a genuine desire for us to play a more modern style of football, that hasn't been abandoned at the first hurdle.
    undeniable improvement in results and performances from the end of the McCarthy regime.
    he's demonstrated that he understands the system that we are trying to play, no longer are we playing centre backs or central midfielders at wing back.
    continued McCarthy's good work in bringing young players into the side - more often playing them in their correct positions.
    the team seems motivated and with good togetherness (although it is still early days)
    the team can battle their way back into a match after going behind.

negatives:
    we are still very much in a relegation scrap
    results are still not good
    his interview style could use a lot of polish.
    seems a bit too defensive on a personal level
    we still concede soft goals far too easily often from simple through balls.
    we don't have very much attacking threat still.

I'd say 5.5/10 so far, but we need to turn some of the promising steps into actual results

if the season ended today then I dunno, you could understand them letting him go, but on the other hand I would fear a return to long ball style with whatever appointment they come up with next.

in terms of what we've seen so far I'd say:
    positives:
    a genuine desire for us to play a more modern style of football, that hasn't been abandoned at the first hurdle.
    undeniable improvement in results and performances from the end of the McCarthy regime.
    he's demonstrated that he understands the system that we are trying to play, no longer are we playing centre backs or central midfielders at wing back.
    continued McCarthy's good work in bringing young players into the side - more often playing them in their correct positions.
    the team seems motivated and with good togetherness (although it is still early days)
    the team can battle their way back into a match after going behind.

negatives:
    we are still very much in a relegation scrap
    results are still not good
    his interview style could use a lot of polish.
    seems a bit too defensive on a personal level
    we still concede soft goals far too easily often from simple through balls.
    we don't have very much attacking threat still.

I'd say 5.5/10 so far, but we need to turn some of the promising steps into actual results
    This I agree with.
    Morison has years of neglect to try and turn around.
    He needs time to do that and he’s trying to balance that with avoiding relegation.
    Maybe now would be a good time to appoint a Director of Football to give him a bit of headroom.
    Olé’s free, isn’t he? 😆

I think we'll stick with him until we drop into the bottom 3 and if we are in there with 10-12 games to go the board might act.

Either way, he's not really shown anything so far that would make me think he'd be the man to turn things around when half the squad is out of contract in the summer. Our defence is as useless as it's ever been, and we've not kept a clean sheet since he took over. Still just the one all season. The well talked about criticism of Davies whilst ignoring the more senior pros is quite telling as well.

Hopefully we can find a few wins from somewhere and manage to stay up courtesy of Reading and Derby's points deductions, and Peterborough and Barnsley being even worse than us, but if we lose to Barnsley away or Peterborough at home at the start of Feb it will be a bit nervy, if we lose both I don't see him surviving it.

I would try and get Nathan Jones in the summer, I know it didn't go well for him at Stoke but I'd be far more more confident in having him starting something from scratch than Morrison.