Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
if the season ended today then I dunno, you could understand them letting him go, but on the other hand I would fear a return to long ball style with whatever appointment they come up with next.

in terms of what we've seen so far I'd say:
positives:
a genuine desire for us to play a more modern style of football, that hasn't been abandoned at the first hurdle.
undeniable improvement in results and performances from the end of the McCarthy regime.
he's demonstrated that he understands the system that we are trying to play, no longer are we playing centre backs or central midfielders at wing back.
continued McCarthy's good work in bringing young players into the side - more often playing them in their correct positions.
the team seems motivated and with good togetherness (although it is still early days)
the team can battle their way back into a match after going behind.

negatives:
we are still very much in a relegation scrap
results are still not good
his interview style could use a lot of polish.
seems a bit too defensive on a personal level
we still concede soft goals far too easily often from simple through balls.
we don't have very much attacking threat still.

I'd say 5.5/10 so far, but we need to turn some of the promising steps into actual results
This I agree with.
Morison has years of neglect to try and turn around.
He needs time to do that and he’s trying to balance that with avoiding relegation.
Maybe now would be a good time to appoint a Director of Football to give him a bit of headroom.
Olé’s free, isn’t he? 😆