+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Morison OUT

Re: Morison OUT

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I agree with Rooney he's been outstanding at Derby this season.
    Bellamy has far more experience in a management role (although not as first team boss) than Rooney had before he took the manager's job at Derby yet Bellamy is discounted by some through lack of experience. Rooney is doing a good job but with far better players than we have. I think Bellamy, (even with his obvious character flaws) could do a decent job. However, Morison is not going to leave any time soon so speculating, as I have just done, is probably pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    How do you know they didn't get out of 2nd gear - maybe we kept the out of it - I prefer to be positive about yesterday's performance as others are free to look at that game as they see fit
    How do I know, well I seen them a lot on quest this season, Mowbray has put a nice team together and they score great goals and we didn’t trouble them yesterday and the table don’t lie. I prefer to take my bluuubird tinted glasses off now and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Not the time to sack him, but it is frustrating that he keeps picking 3 defensive CMs. 2 plus a more attacking option like Colwill or Sang would make a big difference I think. Maybe he'll play Doyle there if we get him.
    I am worried that Bacuna's ban is over now though. If he's in the starting line-up on Saturday I might change my mind.
    I'm also worried about Bacuna's ban being over too. It seems like Vaulks for some weird reason is undroppable under SM. Will we return to the Pack, Vaulks, Bacuna triumvirate?

[QUOTE=Undercoverinwurzelland;5264936]Not the time to sack him, but it is frustrating that he keeps picking 3 defensive CMs. 2 plus a more attacking option like Colwill or Sang would make a big difference I think. Maybe he'll play Doyle there if we get him.
    I am worried that Bacuna's ban is over now though. If he's in the starting line-up on Saturday I might change my mind.[/QUOTE

Agree with this - Said that all game yesterday that we missed that link between Ralls and wintle who were finding players in space and their pass success rate was good but there needed to be someone between Collins and Harris and the midfield two - vaulks is a passenger unfortunately

I'm pretty sure there are at least one or two people in this thread that have thrown around the term "drama queen" from time to time. What did everyone expect when we promoted the under 23 coach?

We have a squad made up of adequate or thereabouts young players and aging players some of whom don't seem to give a **** and one important team member who has made it obvious that he doesn't want to be here. Morison is on a hiding to nothing. The style of play has improved. We just have a soft center and no cutting edge. I'm not sure anyone could do much more with this squad to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    How do I know, well I seen them a lot on quest this season, Mowbray has put a nice team together and they score great goals and we didn’t trouble them yesterday and the table don’t lie. I prefer to take my bluuubird tinted glasses off now and again.
    Not wearing blue tinted glasses just stating that there were some real positives from yesterday's performance that we can build on

Still clearly some deficiencies including creativity from midfield which either sang or Colwill instead of vaulks could have solved

Blackburns defence has been immense over the last few weeks so we have faced the same issues of breaking them down as other sides

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I'm also worried about Bacuna's ban being over too. It seems like Vaulks for some weird reason is undroppable under SM. Will we return to the Pack, Vaulks, Bacuna triumvirate?
    Peterborough might well catch us if that’s the case

Whoever had inherited Mick’s squad and style of non play would have been seriously up against it so I can’t castigate the guy too much. He has improved the style- some may argue anyone could’ve done this it was so dreadful - but his conceited attitude together with not much of a departure from MM’s defensive mindset, and I have to say I hope he is gone in the Summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Bellamy has far more experience in a management role (although not as first team boss) than Rooney had before he took the manager's job at Derby yet Bellamy is discounted by some through lack of experience. Rooney is doing a good job but with far better players than we have. I think Bellamy, (even with his obvious character flaws) could do a decent job. However, Morison is not going to leave any time soon so speculating, as I have just done, is probably pointless.
    Bellamy is starting to remind me of Shearer - not sure if he wants to be a manager where as Rooney has found himself a club and dived in.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I just can't get my ahead around Rooney as a good manager but he's clearly doing something right, although you could argue he's in a no lose situation there because he's basically blameless if they end up bottom so anything good they do will be cheered to the rafters. Relatively pressure free in comparison to other jobs

This club's crying out for a Bellamy. If he came in, with all the youngsters that have now had a bit of experience and the inevitable clearout this summer I'd be more excited about next season than I have been for a long long time, even if we've been relegated
    Bellamy won't work under Tan if you listen to some?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Bellamy won't work under Tan if you listen to some?
    I've got no idea, I'd be surprised if he turned it down though if it was offered to him, being that it'd be a great opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Morison is displaying a few character flaws as well, always had them most probably but no bugger really knew who he was before.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I've got no idea, I'd be surprised if he turned it down though if it was offered to him, being that it'd be a great opportunity

There’s a good chance it’d be the spark the club desperately needs. Bit of excitement, would put us in the spotlight with the fors and againsts in full flow. The ‘edge’ in the ground with the away fans would, no doubt, increase which usually bolsters the home fans. It’s a terrible grind at the moment, the whole shebang needs a massive kick up the arse. What’s to lose?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Morison is displaying a few character flaws as well, always had them most probably but no bugger really knew who he was before.
    I’ve heard it said, possibly by the man himself, that Morison was regarded as a bit of a “Mr Angry” in his playing days.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Not the time to sack him, but it is frustrating that he keeps picking 3 defensive CMs. 2 plus a more attacking option like Colwill or Sang would make a big difference I think. Maybe he'll play Doyle there if we get him.
    I am worried that Bacuna's ban is over now though. If he's in the starting line-up on Saturday I might change my mind.
    I think he's played with 3 CMS against the likes of Bournemouth, West brom and Blackburn for obvious reasons, against weaker sides I would expect more creativity

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I’ve heard it said, possibly by the man himself, that Morison was regarded as a bit of a “Mr Angry” in his playing days.
    I reckon to be a nasty, sarky manager you’ve got to be very good with a record to back you up otherwise you come across as bullying prick.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    ok sure, they hammered us 1-0

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    There’s a good chance it’d be the spark the club desperately needs. Bit of excitement, would put us in the spotlight with the fors and againsts in full flow. The ‘edge’ in the ground with the away fans would, no doubt, increase which usually bolsters the home fans. It’s a terrible grind at the moment, the whole shebang needs a massive kick up the arse. What’s to lose?
    exactly

I think he's played with 3 CMS against the likes of Bournemouth, West brom and Blackburn for obvious reasons, against weaker sides I would expect more creativity
    And in fairness to him it worked against West Brom and seemed to work ok against Blackburn

I think the selection for Bristol City will be interesting, stick with the more workmanlike 3 or throw in some creativity for a more winnable game?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There seem to be a few on here with connections to the club or the families of local players. Does anyone know what the young players or the families of younger players think of Morison?

Personally, I don't care if he's arrogant, grumpy or whatever as long he makes some progress.

We've got to stick with him for the season.
    What I do feel is the team needs a spark like Warnock was able to give it with the signings of Bamba and Hoilett, as have players in the dim and distant past.
    This is perhaps where Morison shows his own inexperience and lack of connections in the game.

for all those clamouring for Bellamy - he has put himself across well in interviews, but we have yet to see much evidence of him putting it into practice. he might turn out to be an excellent manager but I'm not sure what to base that on.

we have a manager there now who is inexperienced, has flaws, but is at least trying to take us in the right direction. let's give him until the summer at least to prove if he's good for the job.

if we get rid of Morison in the summer, the chances are it wouldn't be to bring in Craig Bellamy, the board are probably more likely to turn to a Tony Pulis or someone like that, and any work to drag us into the 21st century would be undone.

for all those clamouring for Bellamy - he has put himself across well in interviews, but we have yet to see much evidence of him putting it into practice. he might turn out to be an excellent manager but I'm not sure what to base that on.

we have a manager there now who is inexperienced, has flaws, but is at least trying to take us in the right direction. let's give him until the summer at least to prove if he's good for the job.

if we get rid of Morison in the summer, the chances are it wouldn't be to bring in Craig Bellamy, the board are probably more likely to turn to a Tony Pulis or someone like that, and any work to drag us into the 21st century would be undone.
    It maybe there but I haven't seen seen any evidence that Bellamy wants to manage us

Oh and this board doesn't halve like to dismantle managers despite the fact that they have been in the job a few minutes, has stopped the rot to an extent, given us a different style with players probably not bes suited to it and inherited a midfield bar Ralls that are stealing a living as footballers after more than enough chances and time to prove they are not frauds

Interestingly no one is suggesting an alternative except Bellamy.

we were screaming for the past few mangers to buy / promote from U23 some younger players, we have a manager who has worked with them youngsters and is playing them, might be worth giving the guy a fair crack at it

The speed of decline of the club since promotion to the Premier League in May 2018 is stunning and reflects the wretched incompetence of Tan, Dalman and Choo and Warnock’s prime focus on his own interests ahead of those of the football club.

I read on here that Choo is no longer based in Cardiff. Is there another club in the top 2 divisions where the owner, Chairman and Chief Executive are all absent? Is it imaginable that clubs like Brighton or Brentford, so recently our rivals, would be run on this basis?

The structure of the club is a mess, the money has been pissed against a wall and the leadership is missing in action. With a backdrop like that it’s difficult to imagine any manager having a chance.