As you know I haven't warmed to the guy and I find it increasingly difficult to stay objective. We've won 3 League matches since he took over at Stoke on 30th October. Four matches in total if you include the FA cup win against Preston. We've had some spectacular draws (can't believe I wrote that) from 3 and 2 nil down. Impressive fightbacks from the players who could have crumbled.

But, and this is a huge 'but', not once do I think he knows his starting eleven (we're January 16th), and after being encouraged by his boldness to play younger players and early substitutions he now looks like a rabbit in the headlights and tactically, I think he's poor. On two occasions we've looked clueless when the opposition has been down to 10.

It's been said that the comments about Isaak Davies were blown up out of all proportion. I believe they were very revealing about him and I'll always regard them as damaging to both him as a manager and to Isaak.

TOBW quite rightly mentioned on a thread about attack v defense that we can't keep coming back from goals down. This is absolutely true of course. Why are we able to kick into gear and pull back those draws after going goals down? What's the mindset of the players from the off? I remember one season when Arsenal under Wenger were terrible in defence but if they let in 3 Arsenal would score 4 or 5. It was end-to-end stuff. We trundle up the park and never, ever, look like a winning side.

Sang, Colwill, Davies, Harris have so much more to offer us and he's wasting them. Worse than that, he's now, IMO damaging them as they're not getting enough minutes.