+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Morison OUT

Re: Morison OUT

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Because it's Emotive. Morison is talking like a Fan.
    Maybe he’s talking sense about the journeyman going not caring? Maybe he just shouldn’t pick them at all then?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Maybe he’s talking sense about the journeyman going not caring? Maybe he just shouldn’t pick them at all then?
    We could infer that from his team selections. But he's been first team manager for 3 months now so he should have a handle on things by now. Instead we are getting worse.

Some of them probably don't care, probably the case with loads of clubs with players who have one eye on an exit in the summer. He's playing a dangerous game in my opinion because the players will get him the boot if he carries on saying things that should stay in a dressing room and be forgotten by Monday morning. He may well be right about what he has said, but it doesn't change a thing and he wont get a positive reaction from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Because it's Emotive. Morison is talking like a Fan.
    Pretty much, they reckon he "gets it" or whatever

It’s ok everyone, he’s not lumping them ball forward 🤷🏻*♂️

Maybe he’s talking sense about the journeyman going not caring?
    The only player that I can say has looked to me to be disinterested at times is Bacuna, but then that seems to be his natural demeanor - he's often looked lethargic from day one.

I genuinely don't believe any of these players either don't care or are not trying. Instead, I think the side simply isn't good enough. The midfield is badly lacking in quality, there isn't nearly enough width or creativity, the defence is often all over the shop and several of the players are just not up to this level no matter how hard they try.

I believe City will avoid relegation due to the various problems at the four other clubs who are in the mix, but the biggest worry going forward is that this manager really does appear to be out of his depth. Given the number of players who are out of contract in the summer and the amount of wheeling and dealing that will need to be done, that's a huge concern.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    The only player that I can say has looked to me to be disinterested at times is Bacuna, but then that seems to be his natural demeanor - he's often looked lethargic from day one.

I genuinely don't believe any of these players either don't care or are not trying. Instead, I think the side simply isn't good enough. The midfield is badly lacking in quality, there isn't nearly enough width or creativity, the defence is often all over the shop and several of the players are just not up to this level no matter how hard they try.

I believe City will avoid relegation due to the various problems at the four other clubs who are in the mix, but the biggest worry going forward is that this manager really does appear to be out of his depth. Given the number of players who are out of contract in the summer and the amount of wheeling and dealing that will need to be done, that's a huge concern.
    At the end of the day we might stay up by default. What a massive indictment on a club that was playing Premier football just 3 seasons ago. If things aren't sorted it's chilling to think where we might be in 3 seasons time.

Get out of our club. Guys a chancer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

If things don't change, there's no chance he will be here in the summer. His contract expires then, too. That said, with Choo, Dalman and Tan in charge, who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    If things don't change, there's no chance he will be here in the summer. His contract expires then, too. That said, with Choo, Dalman and Tan in charge, who knows...
    They'll take the cheap and easy option if at all possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    At the end of the day we might stay up by default. What a massive indictment on a club that was playing Premier football just 3 seasons ago. If things aren't sorted it's chilling to think where we might be in 3 seasons time.
    Your only as good as your owner…..a wise man once said

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    They always do. That’s how we’ve ended up with this clown in charge.

Your only as good as your owner…..a wise man once said
    That's the root of the problem and unfortunately I can't see any positive progress on that issue soon.

There may come a time where the cheapest option is to cut their losses on him

I posted this yesterday but this seems a better place for it.

Morison had an impossible task -

change the style, bring in younger players and utilise the squad he inherited. These are contradictory aims. Several of the senior players in the squad cannot trap or pass the ball. The Championship is notoriously brutal for those who haven't played at that level before.

Those having a go at Morison with increasing frequency seem to think that the manager could do much better. It is clear that he has changed our style as much as is possible with this squad.

Now the manager is called upon by many, understandably, to change our defensive system as well as our style.

Mark Hudson is supposed to be our defence coach. What defence? Why is he not responsible for us playing the current "system"?

Morison has an impossible task and I think is largely doing what he can, which may not be very much, but he certainly needs time.

We haven't been in such a parlous position for years, but there are many games to go this season.

Patience is needed.

Quick reply to this message

There may come a time where the cheapest option is to cut their losses on him
    They'll give him a new contract if we don't go down and then sack him when we're bottom of the table after a dozen games next season.

They'll give him a new contract if we don't go down and then sack him when we're bottom of the table after a dozen games next season.
    I can't see it. They'll know they'll be in the same position. It's a massive summer and the club cannot afford to make a mistake... so they'll give it to Morison.

I’ll miss his rants

I can't see it. They'll know they'll be in the same position. It's a massive summer and the club cannot afford to make a mistake... so they'll give it to Morison.
    Classic Cardiff City

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    I posted this yesterday but this seems a better place for it.

Morison had an impossible task -

change the style, bring in younger players and utilise the squad he inherited. These are contradictory aims. Several of the senior players in the squad cannot trap or pass the ball. The Championship is notoriously brutal for those who haven't played at that level before.

Those having a go at Morison with increasing frequency seem to think that the manager could do much better. It is clear that he has changed our style as much as is possible with this squad.

Now the manager is called upon by many, understandably, to change our defensive system as well as our style.

Mark Hudson is supposed to be our defence coach. What defence? Why is he not responsible for us playing the current "system"?

Morison has an impossible task and I think is largely doing what he can, which may not be very much, but he certainly needs time.

We haven't been in such a parlous position for years, but there are many games to go this season.

Patience is needed.

Quick reply to this message
    LOL

This isn’t American football. Morison is responsible over Hudson because ultimately he picks the team, he picks the formation, he picks the tactics. Yes there may be input from his coaches but ultimately the buck stops with Morison.

He keeps picking 3 at the back even though it’s clearly not working, he keeps picking Flint and Nelson even though they are at fault most games for our goals.

As for picking Pack to start ahead of Wintle yesterday, utterly ridiculous.

Morison is so far out of his depth it’s unbelievable. He is nowhere near ready to manage at this level. He has the arrogance of Jose Mourinho without the ability to back it up.

I think you're probably right, unfortunately.

The game that we would need to win/draw, that ultimately keeps us in the Championship, will see post-match scenes of the players throwing their shirts into the crowd, as the fans scramble frantically to get one belonging to their heroes (failed heroes?). All capped off by Morison doing a 'fist-pump' right in front of them.... and all is well within CCFC World, again.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    LOL

This isn’t American football. Morison is responsible over Hudson because ultimately he picks the team, he picks the formation, he picks the tactics. Yes there may be input from his coaches but ultimately the buck stops with Morison.

He keeps picking 3 at the back even though it’s clearly not working, he keeps picking Flint and Nelson even though they are at fault most games for our goals.

As for picking Pack to start ahead of Wintle yesterday, utterly ridiculous.

Morison is so far out of his depth it’s unbelievable. He is nowhere near ready to manage at this level. He has the arrogance of Jose Mourinho without the ability to back it up.
    For all the stupid things he's been doing lately I'd settle for him to carefully explain what on Earth induced him to select Pack over Wintle. I think it's either misfiring neurons or there was a typo on his team sheet. Maybe Steve will pass the blame on to his secretary.

For all the stupid things he's been doing lately I'd settle for him to carefully explain what on Earth induced him to select Pack over Wintle. I think it's either misfiring neurons or there was a typo on his team sheet. Maybe Steve will pass the blame on to his secretary.
    The pen he uses obviously doesn't care enough

who knows, perhaps pack was doing well in Training, or he didn't want 2 new faces in the middle at the same time until they've had more of a chance to bed in.
    or maybe Wintle was carrying a knock and wouldn't manage 90 minutes.
    pack has been a big part of our defensive woes though I think this season. hopefully Wintle can continue to make an impact