+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Morison OUT

Re: Morison OUT

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Good enough reason for me . Get him out and Bellamy in
    What makes you think Bellamy will be a success?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He lost the dressing room the minute he called Isaak Davies a hinderance imo
    He lost a fair portion of the fans when he said that, I remember being on the bus back from Bournemouth and people were furious when what he said came out. Ironically had Davies not put in an excellent performance against Huddersfield I doubt Morison would have gotten the job.

I don't really get why there's a lot of people on Twitter fiercely defending him, he's not really earned it, he's gone back on what he said about playing youth (he's probably played them less than McCarthy) and he comes across as a right dick. I can only assume they've bought the blame-shifting nonsense he's trotted out about players not caring

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Anyway he doesn't smile enough for me ��
    He shouldn't have ditched the shiny white shoes

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He lost a fair portion of the fans when he said that, I remember being on the bus back from Bournemouth and people were furious when what he said came out. Ironically had Davies not put in an excellent performance against Huddersfield I doubt Morison would have gotten the job.

I don't really get why there's a lot of people on Twitter fiercely defending him, he's not really earned it, he's gone back on what he said about playing youth (he's probably played them less than McCarthy) and he comes across as a right dick. I can only assume they've bought the blame-shifting nonsense he's trotted out about players not caring
    Spot-on.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    What makes you think Bellamy will be a success?
    Do you think Morison will be a success?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

I guess most people just want to give him a fair crack at it. lots of people were disappointed in his media comments but not enough to write him off already.
    I don't think anyone has nailed their colours to the Morison mast yet, rather just really want it to work.

a lot of the really vocal critics of morison seem to be people who have bought into the idea of Craig Bellamy getting the job. there's nothing to suggest that he was ever even in the running, aside from what was practically a job application from him in the local media recently. maybe he will be a good manager one day, but let's give the current guy a chance first

I couldnt care less if you believe it or not.

Morison OUT.
    I wondered why you were so vehemently demanding he goes and based on your inside information then I can understand why if what you say is correct and I'm not doubting you for a moment

I am assuming that this is based on some insider sharing this information with you

If so then that is the bit that pis£es me off that we have people inside our club undermining the club itself - the one that pays it wages

You see it on the other board more "wiTh in tHe nOWErs"

Yet we criticise people including SM for saying things that should stay in the changing room yet people in the club are freely sharing information with people they shouldn't

If I was the club I would feed false information to those who they think are the culprits and root them out

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    I wondered why you were so vehemently demanding he goes and based on your inside information then I can understand why if what you say is correct and I'm not doubting you for a moment

I am assuming that this is based on some insider sharing this information with you

If so then that is the bit that pis£es me off that we have people inside our club undermining the club itself - the one that pays it wages

You see it on the other board more "wiTh in tHe nOWErs"

Yet we criticise people including SM for saying things that should stay in the changing room yet people in the club are freely sharing information with people they shouldn't

If I was the club I would feed false information to those who they think are the culprits and root them out
    If I was saying it to be an “in the knower” I would have shared it on here wouldn’t I? Are players not allowed to talk to their families now? Players families not allowed to have an opinion about the way their family is being treated?

I’ve heard from connections to 3 different players what he is like. We’ve even got an ex player saying he’s heard something similar on social media. Ex players being critical of his management style. They can’t all be wrong can they?

If I was saying it to be an “in the knower” I would have shared it on here wouldn’t I? Are players not allowed to talk to their families now? Players families not allowed to have an opinion about the way their family is being treated?

I’ve heard from connections to 3 different players what he is like. We’ve even got an ex player saying something similar on social media.
    At no point did I intend to call you an in the knower and if that's what you concluded then I apologise

My point still remains what goes on in the club should stay in the club - yes players should talk to their families but then it should remain there

My wife and daughter both work in the NHS and share information as part of family discussions but I wouldn't then tell others who then share that on a public forum

Just for clarity I am not accusing you of sharing but it has been done by others (some true and some not) and it pisses me off

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    At no point did I intend to call you an in the knower and if that's what you concluded then I apologise

My point still remains what goes on in the club should stay in the club - yes players should talk to their families but then it should remain there

My wife and daughter both work in the NHS and share information as part of family discussions but I wouldn't then tell others who then share that on a public forum

Just for clarity I am not accusing you of sharing but it has been done by others (some true and some not) and it pisses me off
    If your wife and daughter were treated like shit in the NHS you wouldn’t say anything because it’s nobody outside the NHS business?

I’ve heard from connections to 3 different players what he is like. We’ve even got an ex player saying he’s heard something similar on social media. Ex players being critical of his management style. They can’t all be wrong can they?
    In fairness, despite some of the arguments we've had on here, and some have been brutal, you've never been a bullshitter and I trust your comments on this totally.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    In fairness, despite some of the arguments we've had on here, and some have been brutal, you've never been a bullshitter and I trust your comments on this totally.
    I’m not bullshitting. What I’ve heard some people might think “meh” anyway, especially those who think players are too pampered these days.

I just think the “tough love / seargant major” style of management isn’t the way forward with players these days. Ripping into the players publically, some probably deserve it, but that’s how you lose dressing rooms.

I’m not bullshitting. What I’ve heard some people might think “meh” anyway, especially those who think players are too pampered these days.

I just think the “tough love / seargant major” style of management isn’t the way forward with players these days. Ripping into the players publically, some probably deserve it, but that’s how you lose dressing rooms.
    To be fair I don't think Nobody's Rep was saying you were trying to be an 'in the knower' - more that you clearly have been given information by someone within the club, and that he finds it disappointing because people within the club talking like that undermines the manager and doesn't help the situation. That's how I read it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    To be fair I don't think Nobody's Rep was saying you were trying to be an 'in the knower' - more that you clearly have been given information by someone within the club, and that he finds it disappointing because people within the club talking like that undermines the manager and doesn't help the situation. That's how I read it anyway
    What does the manager expect when he speaks so publically about players? Players are only human they have every right to be aggrieved. Why should they remain silent and not have a moan just to protect someone who’s shown he has no issue throwing them under the bus so publicly.

And I haven’t been given any information direct from
    someone in the club but ultimately South Wales is not exactly a big place people tell one person, they tell one person and so on and what I’m hearing from people with different connections is a common theme.

If your wife and daughter were treated like shit in the NHS you wouldn’t say anything because it’s nobody outside the NHS business?
    As it happens my wife has two bosses at the moment one of whom is a right C you next Tuesday and we have conversations about it and I give her my advice as to what she would/should do - it would serve no purpose sharing it in a public domain as it wouldn't resolve the issues she is facing so she is dealing with it through the proper channels

Anyway you want Morison out based on what you know - I don't know what you know so let's see how it transpires - hopefully we see an upturn in results which I assume we both want which sees us still in the championship and let's see what happens in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Exactly that

The impression I’ve got watching City under Morison is that the players have been trying, but they’ve just not been good enough as a group - I don’t see much evidence of him having “lost the dressing room”. However, his comments about Isaak Davies, about our “final third” players and the team’s attitude on Saturday must all have an adverse effect on at least some of the team surely.

Good managers acknowledge that people are different and realise that they need to press different buttons with different players to get the best out of them - a bit of managerial honesty, as opposed to the bland platitudes we get from most of them these days, is to be welcomed, but, in recent weeks, I reckon Morison has gone to that well too often and he needs someone to tell him that his PR needs working on urgently.

For myself, if a manager in any profession had talked about me in the way Morison did about Isaak Davies, I would have lost any respect I may have had for him and the same would apply if it had been said about a work mate who I didn’t think deserved such treatment (I certainly don’t think Isaak did).

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The impression I’ve got watching City under Morison is that the players have been trying, but they’ve just not been good enough as a group - I don’t see much evidence of him having “lost the dressing room”. However, his comments about Isaak Davies, about our “final third” players and the team’s attitude on Saturday must all have an adverse effect on at least some of the team surely.

Good managers acknowledge that people are different and realise that they need to press different buttons with different players to get the best out of them - a bit of managerial honesty, as opposed to the bland platitudes we get from most of them these days, is to be welcomed, but, in recent weeks, I reckon Morison has gone to that well too often and he needs someone to tell him that his PR needs working on urgently.

For myself, if a manager in any profession had talked about me in the way Morison did about Isaak Davies, I would have lost any respect I may have had for him and the same would apply if it had been said about a work mate who I didn’t think deserved such treatment (I certainly don’t think Isaak did).
    In my opinion a hallmark of a great manager in any walk of life is to take immediate responsibility for everything that happens on his/her watch. It even extends to the honesty of admitting personal failures and weaknesses as long as it's backed up with a determination to get it right next time.

I suspect Steve Morison would still have the support of the majority of fans if he had merely said after the Bournemouth match "I hold my hands up I didn't get that one right, I had ideas for certain players to play in a certain way but it didn't succeed. As a team we will learn lessons from this match and come back stronger and better" He could have had quiet words with Davies after the match in the dressing room.

The same on Saturday. If he had said "that was disappointing, each and all of us knows it should have been better and we will work to improve. I could have done better with my selection and tactics and some of the players will know they could have done better too but we are a solid unit and we will bounce back better for this experience"