+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Morison OUT

Re: Morison OUT

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    LOL

This isn’t American football. Morison is responsible over Hudson because ultimately he picks the team, he picks the formation, he picks the tactics. Yes there may be input from his coaches but ultimately the buck stops with Morison.

He keeps picking 3 at the back even though it’s clearly not working, he keeps picking Flint and Nelson even though they are at fault most games for our goals.

As for picking Pack to start ahead of Wintle yesterday, utterly ridiculous.

Morison is so far out of his depth it’s unbelievable. He is nowhere near ready to manage at this level. He has the arrogance of Jose Mourinho without the ability to back it up.
    He keeps picking Nelson and Flint? What's the alternative? Flint and Morrison? Morrison and Nelson? As for being arrogant, Steve Morison is the boss. I expect him to act like one. Don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He keeps picking Nelson and Flint? What's the alternative? Flint and Morrison? Morrison and Nelson? As for being arrogant, Steve Morison is the boss. I expect him to act like one. Don't you?
    The alternative is drop the back 3 which isn’t working and play Morrison and McGuiness as a pair. The alternative is drop one of them for Morrison. They are not doing enough to retain their place in the side. Morrison was excellent against Preston in the cup.

Being arrogant doesn’t not make you a good boss. If you think so then I pity your colleagues.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    who knows, perhaps pack was doing well in Training, or he didn't want 2 new faces in the middle at the same time until they've had more of a chance to bed in.
    or maybe Wintle was carrying a knock and wouldn't manage 90 minutes.
    pack has been a big part of our defensive woes though I think this season. hopefully Wintle can continue to make an impact
    Maybe it was even as simple as "he'll be up for it and want to put one over his old club"

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Maybe it was even as simple as "he'll be up for it and want to put one over his old club"
    That sort of stuff though often leads to what we saw from Pack for the first half an hour or so on Saturday - all he did was go around fouling people.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That sort of stuff though often leads to what we saw from Pack for the first half an hour or so on Saturday - all he did was go around fouling people.
    Oh I don't think Pack should have started, I was just trying to think of why he did

I’ve defended Pack in the past as he’s one of the few players we have who is comfortable with the ball, but his work when the opposition have the ball gets more depressing with each game. I don’t think it’s lack of effort, he just hasn’t got the speed - both physically and mentally - to be effective defensively. For a team with decent movement it’s far too easy to play against him.

The alternative is drop the back 3 which isn’t working and play Morrison and McGuiness as a pair. The alternative is drop one of them for Morrison. They are not doing enough to retain their place in the side. Morrison was excellent against Preston in the cup.

Being arrogant doesn’t not make you a good boss. If you think so then I pity your colleagues.
    I don't think he's arrogant. I just think he believes in himself. You can't fault him for that. Sean Morrison obviously has some issue. Not fully fit? Not 100% committed? Who knows? But there's definitely something wrong.

I haven't got a problem with you, but I never heard you call McCarthy or Warnock arrogant. Steve Morison is not perfect. He's trying to work with what he's got, which let's face it, isn't much. There's no obvious answer to what our starting 11 should be.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Think this is half of the issue, and Morison’s comments don’t make any sense. I think they’re trying, sometimes trying too hard and might be why they’re getting dragged all over the place.

I don't think he's arrogant.
    I do. From the word go, he was referring to the press as ‘you lot’. I think he’d been in charge for about three or four games when he produced a set of stats at a press conference designed to show how much he’d improved things.

His comments after Saturday’s game were arrogant. He claimed the players don’t care enough and not as much as he does. He apparently didn’t realise what a damning indictment of his own management skills that was. After all, if the players don’t care after he’s been in charge of them for three months, then he’s not doing a very good job, is he?

I confess I’m a bit biased where Morison is concerned. I haven’t liked his demeanour from day one and I suspect he’s not that bright judging by the way he handles himself with the press.

I don't think he's arrogant. I just think he believes in himself. You can't fault him for that. Sean Morrison obviously has some issue. Not fully fit? Not 100% committed? Who knows? But there's definitely something wrong.

I haven't got a problem with you, but I never heard you call McCarthy or Warnock arrogant. Steve Morison is not perfect. He's trying to work with what he's got, which let's face it, isn't much. There's no obvious answer to what our starting 11 should be.
    You never heard me call Warnock arrogant? I was probably his loudest critic on here. I couldn't stand the egotistical, selfish twat.

I didnt think McCarthy was arrogant, a little blunt and straight talking but always respectful and not arrogant in the way Steve Morison is. When Mick went on that fantastic run at the beginning of his time here he was keen to share the praise with the staff and the players. When things were not going so well he took full responsibility. Morison after 3 games wanted to tell everyone how great he was, then the moment things are not going so well he throws everyone under the bus, starts having a pop at the media. Its one thing having self belief but you got to back it up. Walk the walk not jut talk the talk. You cant come across as arrogant as he is when you haven't won a league for 2 months!!!

You never heard me call Warnock arrogant? I was probably his loudest critic on here. I couldn't stand the egotistical, selfish twat.

I didnt think McCarthy was arrogant, a little blunt and straight talking but always respectful and not arrogant in the way Steve Morison is. When Mick went on that fantastic run at the beginning of his time here he was keen to share the praise with the staff and the players. When things were not going so well he took full responsibility. Morison after 3 games wanted to tell everyone how great he was, then the moment things are not going so well he throws everyone under the bus, starts having a pop at the media. Its one thing having self belief but you got to back it up. Walk the walk not jut talk the talk. You cant come across as arrogant as he is when you haven't won a league for 2 months!!!
    I think it's easy to understand the difference. Morison is just starting his career, and is already fighting for it. he's got a massive task and even if he does ok there's no guarantee that he'll get the job beyond the summer.

Warnock and McCarthy are at or near pensionable age and have long careers behind them. they know that can make an absolute balls up of this job and chances are they'll get another one within a few months. and if not, **** it just retire or do some media work.

Morison is working with the worst Cardiff squad in many years. if you said after McCarthy left that if you took Giles and effectively Moore out if the team and at the same time tried to improve the side and bring through youth players then it would be a monumental task for even the most experienced of manager.

I don't know if it'll work with Morison, but I really hope it does. not because I have any great affinity for the guy, bit he's the only manager we've had in a long time that has actually tried to bring our football out of the dark ages, and it would be a lot better for us in the long run if he's successful. if he's not then God knows what direction we will be going in next.
    even some in here have been calling for the return of Warnock.

I think it's easy to understand the difference. Morison is just starting his career, and is already fighting for it. he's got a massive task and even if he does ok there's no guarantee that he'll get the job beyond the summer.

Warnock and McCarthy are at or near pensionable age and have long careers behind them. they know that can make an absolute balls up of this job and chances are they'll get another one within a few months. and if not, **** it just retire or do some media work.

Morison is working with the worst Cardiff squad in many years. if you said after McCarthy left that if you took Giles and effectively Moore out if the team and at the same time tried to improve the side and bring through youth players then it would be a monumental task for even the most experienced of manager.

I don't know if it'll work with Morison, but I really hope it does. not because I have any great affinity for the guy, bit he's the only manager we've had in a long time that has actually tried to bring our football out of the dark ages, and it would be a lot better for us in the long run if he's successful. if he's not then God knows what direction we will be going in next.
    even some in here have been calling for the return of Warnock.
    Just because hes new to the management game it doesn't excuse the arrogance and the prickly attitude. What sort of manager new into management tries to take on the media? or throws his own players under the bus so publicly?. You dont have to be an experienced manager to know that is idiotic. We are not talking about now hes under pressure hes done this from practically the first game!!!

I know for a fact he is not well liked in the club and thats before he got the first team gig where he has managed to lose the dressing room in what? 3 months? I know of things that have gone on on the training ground which im not going to put on here as im not going to throw someone under the bus but some of the things ive heard are crazy and sooner hes out of the club the better as far as I am concerned.

The fact he has "tried" to play a more modern game just doesnt cut it for me. Anyone could play a more modern way than Mick. Even Warnockball wasnt as bad as Mickball. Even with this modern approach some people are getting so excited about we are still not creating much, still relying on set pieces as our main threat, still picking the same old tired pro's who have let us down in the past. Its still shit, its just less hoofball shit.

Why should we believe anything you've just posted? Any one could come on here and say they know this and that without backing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by CrackityJones View Post
    Why should we believe anything you've just posted? Any one could come on here and say they know this and that without backing it up.
    I couldnt care less if you believe it or not.

Morison OUT.

Just because hes new to the management game it doesn't excuse the arrogance and the prickly attitude. What sort of manager new into management tries to take on the media? or throws his own players under the bus so publicly?. You dont have to be an experienced manager to know that is idiotic. We are not talking about now hes under pressure hes done this from practically the first game!!!

I know for a fact he is not well liked in the club and thats before he got the first team gig where he has managed to lose the dressing room in what? 3 months? I know of things that have gone on on the training ground which im not going to put on here as im not going to throw someone under the bus but some of the things ive heard are crazy and sooner hes out of the club the better as far as I am concerned.

The fact he has "tried" to play a more modern game just doesnt cut it for me. Anyone could play a more modern way than Mick. Even Warnockball wasnt as bad as Mickball. Even with this modern approach some people are getting so excited about we are still not creating much, still relying on set pieces as our main threat, still picking the same old tired pro's who have let us down in the past. Its still shit, its just less hoofball shit.
    has he lost the dressing room? that's the first I've heard of it if he has.
    there isn't usually any way back from it of that's the case.

I’ve defended Pack in the past as he’s one of the few players we have who is comfortable with the ball, but his work when the opposition have the ball gets more depressing with each game. I don’t think it’s lack of effort, he just hasn’t got the speed - both physically and mentally - to be effective defensively. For a team with decent movement it’s far too easy to play against him.
    yep too slow in thought and deed.
    our transitions are so laboured

I couldnt care less if you believe it or not.

Morison OUT.
    I'd love to hear what these things that have happened in Training are. feel free to DM them in the strictest confidence of course

I'd love to hear what these things that have happened in Training are. feel free to DM them in the strictest confidence of course
    When he eventually goes I will tell you then.

has he lost the dressing room? that's the first I've heard of it if he has.
    there isn't usually any way back from it of that's the case.
    He lost the dressing room the minute he called Isaak Davies a hinderance imo

He lost the dressing room the minute he called Isaak Davies a hinderance imo
    your or my opinion doesn't mean shit though, he's either lost the dressing room, or he hasnt

your or my opinion doesn't mean shit though, he's either lost the dressing room, or he hasnt
    You think these players are playing for him? You think what he said on Saturday is going to make them play for him now? Morrison and Vaulks apparently threw their shirts when the 3rd sub was made on Saturday. That’s not a good look for them or the management if that did happen. They would never have shown same disrespect to Warnock.

I don’t think he has at all, just the defensive issues we have had all season sadly. He isn’t a magician.

Anyway he doesn't smile enough for me 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Anyway he doesn't smile enough for me ��
    Good enough reason for me . Get him out and Bellamy in

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Good enough reason for me . Get him out and Bellamy in
    Bring on the laughing gas 😁